Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 PM

744 posts, read 811,759 times

Advertisements

I have no problem with appropriate comments from anyone! I've been hit on my 2 gay guys..Well actually 'Straight' guys who thought I was gay for various reasons (No I'm not gay, or sound gay or look gay, at least I think lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 09:10 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Never understood the concept of "taking" a compliment as if it can be un-taken lol.

I've had gay friends compliment me on something, I appreciate it.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:22 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,625,585 times
I am not talking about just taking the compliment, but if gay guys taste in men is very similar to women's taste in men, i.e. if a gay guy thinks you're hot, is it most likely that women will too. I am saying I appreciate their taste more since they're more honest and open about it and tend to love fit guys. Makes me think I've made a lot of progress if a gay guy is hitting on you.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:05 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A real confident man would say "thanks" and let it go unless he was interested.

A Redneck might get all weirded out.
I would have been married and divorced 3 times by now if I could have got compliments from gay men! Just luck, I guess.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:09 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
I take it as a compliment, but there was one time a gay guy crossed the line on what he said.. and his compliment was pretty graphic. That weirded me out big time.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
I haven't gotten many compliments. Mainly, I've gotten better-than-average cooperation at work or special favors (free rental car upgrades, etc.) from guys who were presumably gay. I worked with an a-hole who had to keep reminding people he had 5 young kids. His wife was plain, homely and a biotch. He worked way better with women, and sparred with men, even if it meant shooting himself in the foot. From his comments in conference rooms, he was homophobic. This is someone who went to one of America's most liberal public universities and was academically bright.

One day, on a casual day, I was standing by the FAX machine wearing a Polo-branded rugby shirt (outlet prices). He looks it over and says "that's a nice shirt." We all had to take personality assessment tests, and his scores were among the worst, but I despised him for a myriad of professional deportment reasons. I said "thanks," walked away to go back to what I was doing, and thought WTF.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:35 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
So thanks and carry on!

Old 04-02-2012, 11:13 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,329 times
I've only had one gay guy hit on me. He did it just to be a d**khead and to rattle my cage. I was on my Harley and went to a huge auto speed shop that sells race car parts. I was getting some things for a V-8 I was building at the time. On my way home, I stop at this filling station to take a leak and get a pop. When I walk out and get back on my bike, there's this car pulled right up along side of my bike and this gay guy sitting in the drivers seat staring at me. I couldn't tell he was gay right away, so I say..."what's up dude" and nod my head as I'm putting my flat black Skid Lid and Oakley's back on. I had a V-Twin 88 inch twin cam that was Screamin' Eagle stage 1 equipped with a race chip and loud pipes on my Dyna Street Bob. It was loud as hell and rumbled as the engine shook from all the power. I am just about ready to hit the starter and he starts making kisses with his lips at me and blowing me kisses. WTF dude?? He starts asking me what I was doing later that night and wanted me to go to a party with him. I was in shock more less. I think I said..."like hell" or something along those lines. I then turned away and hit the key and fired my bike back up. I dropped it into first gear and let the clutch out and took off never looking back. The was the first and only time a gay man has ever hit on me. I sure hope it's the last. I'm NOT flattered in the least. Discusted is more like it!

Old 04-03-2012, 12:33 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
I've had this happen to me. I usually have my headphones on and ignore.

Don't ever trust somebody pullin up to you in a car, doesn't matter if you're a man or woman. It's not safe.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:37 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
gay guys lust after straight men. if there is one thing a homosexual cant stand its an aging queen. they like em young and straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships