Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:13 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
Wow, you're hilarious. I'm 23 and have an MBA. Not 14.
OOH! An MBA! You da man!!!I guess my MSN[Thats a Master of Science Nursing],Or my MICN Certs[Thats Mobile Intensive Care Nursing] or my years spent putting peoples brains,guts and various other body parts back where they belong are a pitiful excuse of an education. I mean it must be really hard to get an MBA. You gotta be as intelligent as George W. Bush to do it!!!! Good luck with that cougar date though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 08:58 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Good Luck OP!

Just don't mention, that You might have went to school - with her son...

That just reminded me of the movie "Class" lol

Old 04-04-2012, 09:09 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Good Luck OP!

Just don't mention, that You might have went to school - with her son...
OMG! He's going out with Mrs. Stiffler??????

Old 04-04-2012, 09:37 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
OOH! An MBA! You da man!!!I guess my MSN[Thats a Master of Science Nursing],Or my MICN Certs[Thats Mobile Intensive Care Nursing] or my years spent putting peoples brains,guts and various other body parts back where they belong are a pitiful excuse of an education. I mean it must be really hard to get an MBA. You gotta be as intelligent as George W. Bush to do it!!!! Good luck with that cougar date though!

Oh the things kidz say these days. OP you lack of life experience is showing.

Its good you are not just a HS grad but I really wouldn't puff up about a MBA unless its making you a lot of M-O-N-E-Y. Then you can use it a a slice of humor. IE: "Yeh..and all I had to have for this position was a MBA!"

Old 04-19-2012, 12:56 PM

6 posts, read 21,342 times
this thread is hilarious now

Old 04-19-2012, 03:43 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
I haven't read all the replies yet and I want to take my time with that because answers to questions like this are always hilarious. (Sooooo sorry, Badger. I am just a bad person. ) But...

My $.02 (well, it would have been worth $425.00 in my day, seein' 'z I'm 44): Do NOT mention age. At all. Not once. If she mentions it, just chuckle like she made a joke (brief chuckle, not a long drawn-out sea pirate yar-har or anything). If she flat-out asks you "Why on earth would you want to go out with a woman my age?", tell her, "Because I want to go out with you. I think I just liked (your smile, your laugh, your whatever)." But only if it is true. Only. Only only only. You will NOT be able to "fake" this.

If you really want "a cougar" and you want her "for sex," don't tap dance around it...contact another woman who wants the same thing. Yes, that probably means a hook-up site. But at least in that case, the women know ahead of time whether that's what you want, and they can answer you or not based on that knowledge (among other things).

Now. Are you cute? Do you at least try? Smell nice but DO NOT overpower. Do not do not do not. (Did I mention "do not" yet?) Shave. No pimpy mustache. Yeeeeeew. (Sorry to the facially-haired out there.) You're young; go ahead and look it and don't try to pretend by your hair or the way you dress that you're anything but. BUT be a clean, cute and gentlemanly young. That will be charming. Dress nicely but don't dress up-up. No tie, nice button down shirt, two shirts unbuttoned (no 70s disco chest hair...oh dear God, I think I just made myself the female version of impotent...whatever that may be). Wear slacks or new/nice jeans.

For the love of all that's holy don't pretend that you like Duran Duran or that "most people think (you're) mature for your age." Don't go there. Nothing would clamp my hideously wrinkled and arthritic old thighs tighter than a I-think-this-is-what-old-people-like-to-hear comment, and I don't think I'm a rarity in that.

Be FRIENDLY. Don't be mac-daddy, or in this case, mac-son.

And let her take the lead since you don't know what she wants.

Examples...

What to say: "I'm (Badger). You must be (the girl). It's great to meet you. I was thinking of coffee and then a walk downtown. How does that sound to you?"

What not to say: "I'm (Badger). I'm looking to bag an oldster who knows Led Zeppelin isn't an actual craft and isn't spelled correctly. Mostly because they're desperate and grateful. Your place or a motel?"

Be a gentleman, be somewhat casual, don't push her, see where things lead.

And for the future, if sex is all you want, DO deliberately seek a woman who's looking for the same from a younger man.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:47 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,070 times
Awww, quit picking on the kid just because he's proud of his MBA. He worked hard for it and he's entitled to brag about it. As for this "cougar" business....

Son, forget that nonsense. If you really have an MBA and you're 23, you should be at the top of the world as far as pursuing the young ladies. Believe me, when you're old and gray, there will still be plenty of old gals available for you then. Why rush into that scene now?

Forget that Sex And The City/Hollywood crap about older women being special. There's nothing special or attractive about getting old...it's just getting old. Hell, I'm old too and I have to pursue the old ladies because I can't attract the young ones anymore. Don't go that route until you have to. I've been with teenagers, young women, middle-aged women and, now, grandma types and without a doubt, young is better. That's just the way it is although it's not PC to say so.

Why have a tough, weather-beaten steak when you can have succulent, tender prime rib?

Old 04-19-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post

Why have a tough, weather-beaten steak when you can have succulent, tender prime rib?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking the answer here is: because he's thinking the weather-beaten steak knows like one jillion different positions and will be grateful for a young stud.

Although that's all a bit insulting (obviously), there certainly are women in their 40s who would be willing to take him up on that...he just needs to look in the CORRECT places, not assume all of us old steaks walking down the street would drop to our knees in gratitude at a sprinkle of barbecue sauce from just anybody.

Sincerely yours,

A weather-beaten old steak

(p.s. Pass the female lubricant and be a dear, would you? We over-25s have a little, you know, trouble in that area. That's a good boy! Oh...wait...no, I wasn't trying to proposition you there. It just gets difficult to get the creaky joints to move at this stage of the game and I'm dying to stretch my legs -- they only turn me three times a day here. WD40 will do just as well. Thanks, sonny.)

Old 04-19-2012, 03:57 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,362,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
If she's 41 and has a 24 year old kid, that means she got pregnant at 16. That's not a good sign at all.

I'm sure you've seen the movie 8 Mile. LOL
considering what his objective is, the fact she was doing the nasty at 16 is probably a good sign for him.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:57 PM

And folks, not to be TRULY TMI about it over here...but sure, some 40-something women would like a 20-something guy for sex. Here's the TMI part: under-40 guys are less likely to have...um...issues. With, the. You know. Yeah. That. They can go twice in an hour. They are enthusiastic about everything, and that shows in bed, too. NOT saying I've done this, I'm talking from memory of having been in my 20s and dated in my 20s. And remember, I'm talking physical reasons. I have no clue about a "real" relationship of this type as I haven't had one and am not seeking either scenario, actually.

A "just sex" situation would also mean she is intensely focused on since the time is limited, and limited to basically one thing. Intensity, good abs, no laugh lines, oooooooooo...At the same time, young guys can be soooooooo romantic, even when it's clear that it's just sex (clear from their perspective too, I'm saying). And that's cute.

You get the idea. The segment of such women has got to be smaller than the average but they're there, Badger...but you do sort of demean all of us by just randomly picking older women with the assumption that they'll all want this and jump at the chance. You need an ahead of time understanding, THEN be the gentleman as I described above (do NOT be the mack daddy even if you both "know" what's what), be safe, be careful and have a very good time. Good luck.

ETA: Darn these bifocals. This thread is a couple of weeks old...so what happened, OP????

Last edited by JerZ; 04-19-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships