Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2007, 06:44 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,760,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
Why take things to such negative thought? First try to see what the possibilities of both sides of a statement can be before you begin to think negatively.
It's amazing that such a small island you find more diversity and acceptance of those differences compared to larger countries. Call it what you may if you think that I'm stereotyping, but taken into consideration that I have Jamaican, Scottish and Indian in me I have every right to still be amazed at how diverse most islands can be. Being a by product of such diversity I will always be amaze.
See both sides of what? All I'm saying is that seeing White or Asian people speaking "Jamaican" {patios} "should be" no more surprising than seeing an African-American talk with a Boston or Texas accent.

Sorry if I took it the wrong way...don't take it personally. But I have Indian family members and a very good friend who is a White Jewish Jamaican, and people come up ALL THE TIME asking, "Why do you talk like a Jamaican?"...Uh, because they were born there?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:17 PM

5 posts, read 7,836 times
well how do you expect to get a good proportion of Asain / Black couple...all the comments I heard so far - have nothing to do with the question. May be we can see some change in half a century............crossing fingers !!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 12:57 AM

715 posts, read 2,082,556 times
Well, i certainly dont know many. But two popular (HOT) songstress that comes to mind

Cassie (R&B Singer) who sang - Me & You.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGAQIpd-row

http://www.cassiefan.com/ (look in bigrophy)

Nicole scherzinger (Pussycat Doll leadsinger)

Both are a result of Filipino father & Black mother..

And you dont have to look too far to see that even in Asia there are Black native tribes (Aborigines sp?) in countries such as Philippines, Thailand, India, Malay peninsula. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negritos

Old 01-11-2008, 12:59 PM

5 posts, read 28,618 times
Default Oh boy...

From what I can tell, most black women want to be in relationships with black men. A lot of black women have not even entertained the thought of being with a man who is not black, but that is starting to change. I think you still won't see that many asian men/black women couples in years to come, because of the cultural differences and prejudicial attitudes.

I believe people should just leave others alone especially black women. I'm not worried about asian men and I am sure they are not worried about me. Besides, it seems black women are the last to be picked for any type of relationship these days which doesn't bother me. I cannot change someone's view of me if they have felt that way for years. I prefer to just live my life and would appreciate it if others would stop making black women which includes me a part of their discussion. I do not discuss interracial relationships pertaining to strangers. It is none of my business, and my love life and the love life of other black women should be of no concern to anyone.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:50 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,558,617 times
Thumbs up Agreed bolillo loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolillo_loco View Post

Why don’t you see more Asian men with black women? I haven’t a clue! Why does it bother you? Why can’t you just accept the fact that there are people that do not embrace diversity; moreover, why does it bother you that somebody doesn’t want you based on race? That alone should give you enough reason not to want them!

I have never dated, kissed, or pursued a black woman for sex or any type of relationship outside of friendship. I am not attracted to them. I also do not date Asian women. I am white and I only date white women, Italian women, Middle Eastern, and white looking Hispanic women. The bottom line for me is if they look Mediterranean to white, they’re ok. Well if they have kinky hair, I won’t date them no matter what their skin color is. Is this racist? ...

That’s an honest answer.

Thank you for your response; I appreciate your honesty. If a person doesn't want to date someone because of their race what person in their right mind would think whining about it is going to change that person's heart? Or why would anyone want a person only because they had to browbeat the person into accepting them? No, your opinion is NOT racist. That is your PREFERENCE to date your own and stay within your own people. Just like there are individuals whose preference is to date outside their own. It's illogical to applaud them for their preferences (because they're into dating diversity) but demonize others for their preferences because it doesn't include all or a certain racial group. Some people need to get over themselves. I am a Black woman and I only date Black men. Does this make me racist? No. There is no command that says we must be open to dating every person on the color wheel in order to prove we're not the next Hitler. I know of only two Asian men/Black woman couple but haven't seen either couple in years so not sure how they're doing. Family expectations aside, there just doesn't appear to be much romantic interest from BW toward Asian Males or vice-versa. Some people may think it's due to racism but I think it's due to natural laws of attraction/non-attraction. Some people just aren't physically attractive to other people outside of their own. That's life -- no reason to lose sleep over it.

Finally, regardless of the horrible history of racism of White people generally speaking (not every single White individual) this is a new day. Non-Whites should afford Whites the same understanding when they express love for their own, or only want their child to marry within their own that we feel entitled to. Whites are people too so why should they be forced to feel any different from most non-Whites regarding marriage to other groups. To be honest, I believe the only reason other groups, including Blacks, are offended when a White person says they only dates other Whites is because those groups self-esteem is so low that they are seeking affirmation from a White person to feel good about themselves. Some only want romantic interest from White's in hopes of marrying up, so to speak, on the social scale and have greater access to more material goods and things (materialism). Others want to escape who they are as a culture and people and have kids that look "less" like them and more like Whites. As if intermarriage can erase or undo the person's history. This is sad. People, learn to love yourself as God created you and you'll experience freedom from the bondage of other group's opinion whether they're Whites, Blacks, Asians or anyone else. Remember, opinions are like butt-holes everyone has one so don't act as if their opinion signals the end of the world. I've found that people who are extremely insecure about themselves see racism in everything even innocent situations like picking an ice-cream flavor or color of balloons.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:00 AM

983 posts, read 3,589,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty464 View Post
Why aren't there more Asian men dating black women? There are a lot of beautiful, educated, ambitious black women around, why aren't they approached by Asian men?
I'm Asian, and I find many black women attractive.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:50 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I don't think it's ignorance to be with "your own kind"
We all have preferances and the poster wants to get herself some asian goods so why make an issue of who you want to be with?
I agree. Totally.

This site tends toward the liberal, so it's like "look at me, I'm open to interracial dating, I'm progressive." 'Eff that! In a big way. And this isn't the only thread that does goes down this asinine road.

Again, take the Starbucks and B&N Cafe test. Most couples coming in are equally matched...on many different dimensions...and yes, that includes race.

I'm of Western European parents. That is the group of ethnicities in which I like to date. It feels "suitably matched" ...what can I say?

If YOU want to date interracially, then be my guest. I don't. And, no, I'm not a racist. I have very close friends that are black, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, and I had some Asian friends when I lived in LA. They were fellow students or co-workers. I hung out with them outside of work or school, and even took trips with them. Would I date their sisters, such that I would have to eventually park myself between their thighs? I'll pass.

So now I see. Political correctness has been extended to what ought to hoist my "third leg?" Stuff it, please.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,956,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Political correctness has been extended to what ought to hoist my "third leg?" Stuff it, please.
This is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. I'm with you on this issue.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:27 PM

395 posts, read 487,545 times
here in nyc...i see many asian women with white or black man. but i hardly see any asian men with black or white women. only asian men with asian women mostly. i dont know what to say...with that many ppl in the city, i would have though more. also check out the ads on craigslist...u see asian women only wanting to date white men only. it is like the are ashame of their own race. but that is other thread.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:42 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
here in nyc...u see asian women only wanting to date white men only.
Yeah, while there are many Asian women who are with Asian men, there are also plenty of Asian women who fawn over caucasian guys. While they may like us, I wonder if they realize that not all of us are attracted to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships