Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2008, 09:39 AM

742 posts, read 2,068,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
That theory doesn't fly, because it assumes that the only human beings that can be "successful, well educated and wealthy", are non-blacks, or more specifically, white men. That's racism, because you're dismissing a race assuming they can't meet your standard without allowing the opportunity to prove that they can/do, while giving another race a pass because of what the media tells you.
Anyone can take that comment to justify claims of racism where: 1) white women prefering black men, 2) white men prefering asian women, 3) women in general passing over asian men, 4) men in general passing over black women, 5) marrying or co-habiting within one's own race, 6) interracial marrying just because (as a form of reverse-racism). What you claim racism, others see it as 'natural selection'.

Last edited by phoenix_talons; 07-11-2008 at 09:59 AM..

Old 07-11-2008, 06:28 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
Anyone can take that comment to justify claims of racism where: 1) white women prefering black men, 2) white men prefering asian women, 3) women in general passing over asian men, 4) men in general passing over black women, 5) marrying or co-habiting within one's own race, 6) interracial marrying just because (as a form of reverse-racism). What you claim racism, others see it as 'natural selection'.
You're missing the point I made based on the statement posed to me. Look at this with some stats.

Statistically...statistically, my friend, younger Asian American females are drawn towards white males. I have my own feelings about that fact, but that's another discussion.

In my experience, younger Asian American females do find me attractive, and have no problem talking to me, generally speaking. However, the parents usually have an issue with their daughter dating black men.

In response to that experience, someone said, "their parents want someone successful and wealthy" and what not. So, use arithmetic, and you'll see why I gave the reply I gave.

Parents don't like black men + Parents want daughter with someone successful and wealthy = Parents assume black men are not successful and wealthy.

When I ask the girls what the deal is, that's what I'm told...parents think black men are all drug dealers and gang members out to hurt their children, and they're poor and what not. I knew one girl at my job who married a white guy, can't keep a job to save his life and almost caused them to get a divorce with his ignorance, parents welcomed him in with open arms.

Now, I don't presume to claim that all Asian parents are like that; I've never met thousands of Asian parents. All I'm saying is, out here in Southern California, that's the deal. Maybe in other areas it's different, where they've learned to accept the educated black man. There are the occasional "blacked" Asian females...you know the ones...weigh about 160-180, too much makeup, only date black guys, talk and act nothing like their heritage...the exact ones I avoid like the plague.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Parents don't like black men + Parents want daughter with someone successful and wealthy = Parents assume black men are not successful and wealthy.
Hey, their loss... Based on your writing I assume you're a good and successful man.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:49 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
You're missing the point I made based on the statement posed to me. Look at this with some stats.

Statistically...statistically, my friend, younger Asian American females are drawn towards white males. I have my own feelings about that fact, but that's another discussion.

In my experience, younger Asian American females do find me attractive, and have no problem talking to me, generally speaking. However, the parents usually have an issue with their daughter dating black men.

In response to that experience, someone said, "their parents want someone successful and wealthy" and what not. So, use arithmetic, and you'll see why I gave the reply I gave.

When I ask the girls what the deal is, that's what I'm told...parents think black men are all drug dealers and gang members out to hurt their children, and they're poor and what not. I knew one girl at my job who married a white guy, can't keep a job to save his life and almost caused them to get a divorce with his ignorance, parents welcomed him in with open arms.

Now, I don't presume to claim that all Asian parents are like that; I've never met thousands of Asian parents. All I'm saying is, out here in Southern California, that's the deal. Maybe in other areas it's different, where they've learned to accept the educated black man. There are the occasional "blacked" Asian females...you know the ones...weigh about 160-180, too much makeup, only date black guys, talk and act nothing like their heritage...the exact ones I avoid like the plague.
My take on your situation is that while some Asian women find you attractive, they just don't find you attractive enough to date. What about your thread about the differences between men and women? Men will date any woman they find attractive enough because in the long run, all you guys want is a good mother for your children. Women need more than finding a man physically attractive to them, they want a man that they think will be good husband material and that means being a decent provider.

And if you have your head on straight, have a college degree and are a career minded person, I don't see why you can't easily prove those Asian parents wrong about you (as a black man). Your job isn't to change their mind about all black men, but just to give you a chance to prove yourself as an individual to them. And don't go meeting them with some stupid chip on your shoulder either.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:19 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
My take on your situation is that while some Asian women find you attractive, they just don't find you attractive enough to date.
What I am trying to say is... it sounds like none of those Asian women that found you attractive and liked your company actually had a crush on you. Were any of them that upset and in tears because they were in love with you but mummy and daddy wouldn't allow them to date you?

It's one thing to find a man attractive, we all enjoy a little eye candy and even some casual flirtation with a charming good looking man. But unless he really tugs at our heartstrings and fits what we want in a boyfriend, if we sense that the man likes us a lot more than we like him, then it's a no go on dating him. It's just not worth the hassle after a date or two to break things off with him.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:59 AM

6 posts, read 9,927 times
Default White men, Black men. and White woman are the top 3 when it comes to interracial dating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
Because Asian men aren't their type? Asian men ain't white women's type either.
Yeah the white women type is a black man. Im a white guy but went i go to the clubs. I always see white woman going after the black guys. It used to upset me at first. But like so much of america i have become immuned to the black male/white woman couple. Why do white woman love and chase after black men so much. I always wondered why when white woman dates outside their race 85% of the time its a black dude. But as far as black woman are concern. Black woman are the least likely to date outside thier race. As opposed to hispanic, asian, or white woman. Most black woman want to marry a black man. Where i live in orlando florida. The most interracial couples are the white man asian woman. And the black man with asian, hispanic and definitely white woman. There are a few black woman white male, white woman hispanic male, and black woman hispanic male. I have never seen a black woman and asian male couple but one time. But i have never in my life seen a hispanic woman with a asian male. Or a hispanic male with a asian woman. In florida i would say the black male has it the best when it comes to interracial dating. Then the white male, then the white woman, then hispanic woman, then black woman, then asian woman or hispanic male, and last the asian male.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenofsix View Post
alot of my family members have white wives they're not all taken by black men
I don't know where you live at. But here in florida all the white woman here are either taken by black men. Or want to be taken by a black man. I don't know how many times i have asked out a white woman. To have to hear her respond with i only date black men. Especially alot of the white woman who are italian with black hair. The same goes with alot of hispanic woman who say they only date black men. You don't hear alot of women of diffrent races saying they only date white, hispanic, or asian men. As opposed to one's saying that i only date black guys. Everybody thinks the white guy like myself has his pick when it comes to interracial dating. But the black guys have it easier than anybody. But i can't complain because the asian male has it the worst.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:44 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessup View Post
I don't know where you live at. But here in florida all the white woman here are either taken by black men. Or want to be taken by a black man. I don't know how many times i have asked out a white woman. To have to hear her respond with i only date black men. Especially alot of the white woman who are italian with black hair. The same goes with alot of hispanic woman who say they only date black men. You don't hear alot of women of diffrent races saying they only date white, hispanic, or asian men. As opposed to one's saying that i only date black guys. Everybody thinks the white guy like myself has his pick when it comes to interracial dating. But the black guys have it easier than anybody. But i can't complain because the asian male has it the worst.
Wow. What a broad generalization! Florida is a big state. Where specifically are you from? My boyfriend is from the Florida's west coast and his white sisters and their friends don't have a "thing" for black men. His younger sister went to school in Gainesville, was a member of a mostly white sorority and they didn't have any obsessions over wanting to date black men. His older sister is a lawyer, never dated a black guy and married a Hispanic with family roots in Berlize.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Wow. What a broad generalization! Florida is a big state. Where specifically are you from? My boyfriend is from the Florida's west coast and his white sisters and their friends don't have a "thing" for black men. His younger sister went to school in Gainesville, was a member of a mostly white sorority and they didn't have any obsessions over wanting to date black men. His older sister is a lawyer, never dated a black guy and married a Hispanic with family roots in Berlize.
I live in the orlando area. And im not generalizing one bit. Im a white guy and have seen this time and time again. Whether walking in the mall, or out to a club or bar. White woman in general who date outside thier race and not just here in florida. 85 % or 90% of the time its going to be with a black dude. White woman sometimes may date a hispanic male but never really a asian male. That not generalization just reality. Of course most white woman want a white man. But those who don't want a black guy. not a hispanic or asian male. That just like if i said alot chinese women want a white guy. Of course asian woman want a asian male. But when they choose to date outside thier race its usually a white guy.

If we do a poll of white woman who date outside their race. What race of man would they perfer. Who do you think is going to win black, asian, or hispanic. It won't even be close. My sister and all her friends go purposely to clubs or bars. That are know to have black guys there.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:23 AM
miu

I also have friends in Boca Raton and around Ft. Walton Beach, and I've gone on business trips around Miami and South Beach, and they and I have never witnessed this white woman/black male phenomenon that you speak of.

I suppose other factors in all of this would be the economic and academic levels of the people involved. And of these interracial hookups, are they all leading to marriage? Or are these white women just wanting to live a little rebelliously and on the wild side when they are young and then later on being more conservative and settling down with a white guy?

But based on what you've posted, LAFan needs to move to Florida ASAP!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships