Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2008, 11:45 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
There is a big pool of women for black men (including yourself). Many have found interracial relationships. Why are you limiting yourself to only Asian women? You're selling yourself short by doing that. "If the Jews do not accept me, I will go to the Gentiles."
I don't limit myself to Asian women. I've said it before: I like women, period. Race means nothing me in the grand scheme. However, the topic shifted slightly to Asian parents and their stringent guidelines for who dates their son/daughter. I simply contributed to that topic.

I also simply stated that it's sad that someone like me can ignore skin color yet others, commonly the older generations, cannot.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:51 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
You can justify it or pass the buck off as much as you like, but the fact is, most Asian parents in my experience and in southwest US are extremely biased against African American men, quite judgmental.
Eh. Well all parents regardless of their race and culture are always very protective of their daughters and have a vision of what they want their future lineage to be like (looking like them), and they aren't nearly as fussy about who their sons date. And it's ironic that black women are discouraged from dating white men by their own families... but whatever.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:02 PM
miu

Quote:
As I've stated before, and have told women before, I don't have a racial slant. I like the look of ethnic over white or black, but that's just aesthetic and means nothing. If I had my choice, I would prefer:
  • a Black girl,
  • who acts like a white girl,
  • with the manners of a Filipino girl,
  • the cooking skills of a Hispanic girl,
  • the body of a Brazilian girl,
  • the accent of a Puerto Rican girl, and
  • the sex drive of an Australian girl.
Of course, that's never going to happen. So I resolved to just be open to women that are in shape and my age or younger, preferably younger.
And I find your list of traits in your ideal woman to be full of racial and cultural slant and broad generalizations and stereotypes. Plus the the addition of minimally wanting a woman that is in shape and not older than you.

I would never want to date or marry a man that had your want list. I would always feel that you are compromising your ideals by being with me. I wouldn't want to be the casual girlfriend until you found a better one. And from looking at your list, I feel that you would be compromising your ideals by dating an Asian woman. So should one say yes to you, it would only be a temporary liaison until you found a woman that was closer to your ideal woman.

I read your list to my boyfriend and he thought your list was creepy.

Your list also reminds me of the movie Cherry 2000 (1987) where in the future, a successful businessman is searching to replace his perfect android wife/sex toy that he accidentally broke. You should rent that movie and check it out.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And I find your list of traits in your ideal woman to be full of racial and cultural slant and broad generalizations and stereotypes. Plus the the addition of minimally wanting a woman that is in shape and not older than you.
First, let me introduce you to "Kettle".

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu on 1/29/2008
Nope. I'm Chinese. In general, I am picky about who I am willing to date.
I've also never been asked out by another Asian guy, and I've not been interested in any of them either. lol
I am not interested in producing kids and it's almost too late for me (yay!), but honestly if I wanted make children, my preference would be for daughters that look like me, no lighter and no darker in skin tone.
Now, let me introduce you to Pot:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu on 6/19/2008
...but it's not okay for Asian women to prefer to date white guys because they like their personality traits over black men?
Explain to me how that's any different, and you get a cookie. Seriously, you contradict yourself nearly every time you talk about this subject. I'd have a lot more respect for you if you would just stop arguing and accept that you're no different, better or otherwise, than anyone else.

Quote:
I would never want to date or marry a man that had your want list. I would always feel that you are compromising your ideals by being with me. I wouldn't want to be the casual girlfriend until you found a better one. And from looking at your list, I feel that you would be compromising your ideals by dating an Asian woman. So should one say yes to you, it would only be a temporary liaison until you found a woman that was closer to your ideal woman.
See, this is what's wrong with most women nowadays. They don't understand what a man is telling them, and they knee-jerk react with a response totally off kilter and then convince themselves that they've figured it out. Of course, I clarify the point time and again, and they ignore it, thinking I'm lying. So the fact I have a preference that I don't hold to like a pitbull, and instead accept that such a person is fictional and does not exist, automatically means I'm "compromising my ideals" and that's wrong. Yet women are high and mighty for being stuck up and not being open minded, limit themselves to musclebound men who look like Fabio in their prime, and get a pass...unbelievable. Men can't win for losing.

I'm only going to say this to you one time.

It's called being open minded. I might want to treat Nautica Thorn like a buttermilk biscuit, but reality dictates that such a thing is not meant to happen. It's fantasy. A man should not be berated for having a fantasy. Every man in existence, including your naive (I'll get to that later) boyfriend, has such a fantasy. Whether they admit it or not is their problem. I'm man enough to admit I have a fantasy, but that doesn't mean I would disregard a relationship I was in if such a person did exist. And it doesn't mean I desire or love my existing girlfriend, if such exists, any less!

Quote:
I read your list to my boyfriend and he thought your list was creepy.
Sure he did. He told you that to make you happy. Deep down, he probably would delete the "black girl" part, and fantasize over the rest if he really thought it about. Then again, you've alluded to your age, so I imagine his fantasy drive is beyond the danger zone by now.

Last edited by revelated; 07-13-2008 at 02:59 PM..

Old 07-13-2008, 03:57 PM

884 posts, read 2,642,215 times
Rev,

Well. I have found my Prince Charming. But I will tell you what I experienced before I met him. I was not "black" enough for the black men in my area. I did not use heavy slang, didn't have the "tude", wasn't into drama, just wanted to have a good time with an down to earth girl and had some level of maturity and spirituality about him--oh and he had to be educated and a lil street smart. I guess my type back then was the Pharrell type but they ONLY wanted white girls or bright light-skinned black girls...

Anyway, I was curious about your list and like I suspected it was full of stereotypical personality quirks. Geesh..where do you live where ALL the black women act like this? None of my friends/associates do?..

Old 07-13-2008, 04:05 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
Why is it that we question these things?

What are we going to do, start an outreach program to set more asian men up with black women?

Give it up people, for pete's sake.
My sentiments exactly. They need to just move on. The whining and the validation seeking gets old after a while.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
Rev,

Well. I have found my Prince Charming. But I will tell you what I experienced before I met him. I was not "black" enough for the black men in my area. I did not use heavy slang, didn't have the "tude", wasn't into drama, just wanted to have a good time with an down to earth girl and had some level of maturity and spirituality about him--oh and he had to be educated and a lil street smart. I guess my type back then was the Pharrell type but they ONLY wanted white girls or bright light-skinned black girls...

Anyway, I was curious about your list and like I suspected it was full of stereotypical personality quirks. Geesh..where do you live where ALL the black women act like this? None of my friends/associates do?..
Didn't say "all" black women around here. I said, repeatedly, in my experience. The ones who act the way you say you acted, were all about white men.

As far as the "Pharrell type", that's consistent with what I've encountered...pretty boy look.

In any case, I guarantee if you visited San Diego and went to an area called Skyline...you'd see why the list is what it is.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:54 PM

884 posts, read 2,642,215 times
Nevermind. I've hear all about San Diego. I wasn't referring to Pharrels look. Moreso his vibe. Good luck in finding that sppecial lady.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:11 PM
miu

Quote:
It's fantasy. A man should not be berated for having a fantasy. Every man in existence, including your naive (I'll get to that later) boyfriend, has such a fantasy. Whether they admit it or not is their problem. I'm man enough to admit I have a fantasy, but that doesn't mean I would disregard a relationship I was in if such a person did exist. And it doesn't mean I desire or love my existing girlfriend, if such exists, any less!

Sure he did. He told you that to make you happy. Deep down, he probably would delete the "black girl" part, and fantasize over the rest if he really thought it about. Then again, you've alluded to your age, so I imagine his fantasy drive is beyond the danger zone by now.
Actually, I am my boyfriend's fantasy woman. He's told me many times that he never thought a woman like me could exist. But for him, he didn't have a shallow list of how his perfect woman should look or how much sexiness she should exude for him. He wanted a female companion that he could happily share his life with. A woman that was full of logic, intelligence, kind and without any game playing, low self esteem issues, not an attention ***** or a drama starter.

With your list, any woman having a relationship with you would be paranoid about loosing her youthful looks and feeling guilty if she wasn't attacking what's in your pants all of the time. And you're right about that woman being a fantasy woman to you, even if she did exist, why would she lower herself to date you when she could have any rich guy, professional athlete, major actor or celebrity in the world? What do you have to offer in return? Being attractive and charming... and what else?

Anyway, there seem to be three groups of people. Those that are completely colour blind in terms of race, those who are very colour aware but love all races. This is you, but with women, you are openminded to all races as long as they are beautiful and shapely creatures. And you are racially prejudices, just in generalizing about what you think are the best traits of every race. Then lastly, those that have negative racial prejudices.

And I think that in an ideal world, the best situation would be being colour blind and without having any stereotypes positive or negative about the difference races and cultures.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:31 PM

266 posts, read 1,234,848 times
Quote:
Actually, I am my boyfriend's fantasy woman. He's told me many times that he never thought a woman like me could exist. But for him, he didn't have a shallow list of how his perfect woman should look or how much sexiness she should exude for him. He wanted a female companion that he could happily share his life with. A woman that was full of logic, intelligence, kind and without any game playing, low self esteem issues, not an attention ***** or a drama starter.
Sorry, I couldn't stop laughing. So his fantasy gal was an overweight,older, self hating Chinese woman? Did Rev said something about the pot calling the kettle black?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships