Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 07:08 PM

18 posts, read 77,913 times

Advertisements

again, i would recommend that you find a good black woman within your own race.

let me ask you this, have you ever looked into yourself why you are so desirous of a white female, or Asian or any other as long as they're not black? i think you need to confront this issue and search deep down within your soul.

for you to desire women from other races will not be good for your or for her, whoever that may be. don't get me wrong, i'm not being racist, all i'm saying is that most races are attracted to their own females, yet the black males seem to have an abnormal desire for females of other races.

confront that issue, and be strong for your race and your women, and the rest will take care of itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Sorry to revive this forum, but from the way how everyone's saying that black dudes are unanimously involved with interracial relationships, it feels that I'm really missing out on something. I'm currently attending a state college, where one would expect people (particularly those in their twenties) to be all willing to go for at least a decent looking black dude, but that's all but the case for the college I'm attending. I admit that I'm slightly more attracted to girls outside of my race and have tendencies to have enraging attractions for women of non-American origin (Hispanics, Asians, Asian Indians, Middle Easterners*). But if I could be in a place where at the least decent, cute, heartwarming, and genuine white women are attracted and not afraid and/or turned off by black dudes, I would still be grateful and content to be in a place like that.

Again I ask, where on earth is this pseudo-paradise (along with the obvious places like Seattle, LA, Minneapolis, Denver, Canada, and the UK)?

*And on a side note seriously, am I the only one who is boggled of why would any man want to nearly conceal a woman's head and body with a scarf. I mean, a lot of these middle eastern women, once you see them w/o the coverings, have really lovely faces and are such beautiful women.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:15 PM

378 posts, read 337,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen_of_us View Post
The truth is, if not for the contemporary mainstream media and entertainment industry pushing the "black" as cool and black as beautiful trend (or the mixed race encouragement), these mixed race people are actually unattractive. Forgive me, but it's the black part of their gene that makes them unattractive. This has nothing to do with racism, so don't go off on me....
Actually, this has more to do with prejudice on your part. It's one thing to state that you don't find black people or people whose heritage is Asian/Black attractive. It's an entirely different thing to state as a fact that not only are these people unattractive, but it's the "black gene" that makes them unattractive. It would be similar to me stating that ALL Asian men look homely, effeminate and weak and are lacking the necessary equipment to fulfill their manly duties. Even if I believed this, I don't have the power to decide that this is how everyone feels.

A general question to the moderator. Exactly how far does a thread have to go down the hole before it's locked?

Old 11-07-2008, 07:21 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
again, i would recommend that you find a good black woman within your own race.

let me ask you this, have you ever looked into yourself why you are so desirous of a white female, or Asian or any other as long as they're not black? i think you need to confront this issue and search deep down within your soul.

for you to desire women from other races will not be good for your or for her, whoever that may be. don't get me wrong, i'm not being racist, all i'm saying is that most races are attracted to their own females, yet the black males seem to have an abnormal desire for females of other races.

confront that issue, and be strong for your race and your women, and the rest will take care of itself.
I feel that some black men want to date women of other races just because it would prove to them and others that they have equal rights and access to them. It's further breaking down another racial barrier. And as a woman, this offends me because it's objectifying women and not taking into account that they may not find black men or men of other races attractive enough to want to have sex with.

I know a number of Asian males, all in their late twenties and early thirties. Of the ones that are married, they are all married to Asian women of their same nationality. Chinese with Chinese, Japanese with Japanese etc... And one of the single Chinese guys is currently dating a white woman, a woman that he went to grade school with and met up later on. She really fond of him, however what he tells his friends on the side is that she isn't his girlfriend (weird) and that he wants to get married soon, with a Chinese woman and to raise full blooded Chinese children.

I've never wanted to have children, but if I did, I'd want them to be pure Chinese, just like me. I don't think that Eurasians (white-Asian) people are at all attractive looking. They just look like washed out Asians with their brown hair and Asian features. I think that female Eurasians look better than male Eurasians.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:28 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Plenty of stereotypes and misconceptions in this thread......

Old 11-07-2008, 08:37 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Plenty of stereotypes and misconceptions in this thread......
NO...ya think?

Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Goodness, did someone just refer to Asians as ORIENTALS?
What is the difference? Is there some kind of negative connotation attached to the word "oriental" in your head? Oriental means Japan, Korea, China, etc. where "Asian" could mean Asian Indian. PC freaks drive me crazy. As for the OP, I think Asian men are too undersized for black women, even though they are quite skilled fighters and live much longer than most other races.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 PM

202 posts, read 1,075,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
Obama winning the presidency is indeed a historical event. But it has nothing to do with who want to date whom. Asian guys usually don't find black females attractive, he won't have any problem with her being his boss or something because it has noting to do with personal preference of beauty. It's not fair, but it's a fact of life. Just like most white girls don't find Asian guys attractive, I believe it mostly has nothing to do with racism, it's not fair either, but it's a fact of life we have to learn to live with.
I'm asian and have found quite a few of them attractive. You shouldn't generalize all asian guys like that.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:51 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times
Default No, I think for other reasons...

Quote:
your statement that white women LOVE black men may be a generalization, although it may be true to a certain extent.

why do you think that is? i don't think it is just "opposites attracting".
it probably has a lot to do with the mainstream media, the popular culture, the historic background of this country in the slavery of black people, which provides a "guilt" feeling as well as stimulates the white female's "motherly" instincts, loving the "underdog" the "oppressed". So in a sense it may have something to do with the sympathy and "reparations" factor that the white female is feeling toward the black male. Also, another may be the once totally taboo aspect of the mingling between white female and the black male ...another factor, may be that the black male aggressively woos and takes the white female because he is so attracted to the white female and desires to possess her so much... it's obvious that the black male is very much attracted sexually to the white female, and not just because she was once off limits and taboo, more because biologically he is (and probably most males of most races) so attracted to her.

Replying to your statements which I highlighted in red. Unfortunately, I don't think so. Maybe the taboo factor played into Black men pysche circa 1960's and 1970's but this is a new generation of Black males - the hiphop generation -- and that taboo never existed for them. Of course, I'm speaking in generalities - no one can speak for every single situation. But from my perspective, what I've noticed and seen personally in Black-White interracial relationsthips over the years White females are motivated by sexual instincts not motherly instincts at all. The image of BM carries with it a raw sexuality wrapped in super macho bravado that a lot of women find very enticing.

Second point, it's primarily the other way around from what you've stated. The White females make themselves very available (extremely friendly towards) to the Black males. A lot of those relationships start because the Black male is so flattered and pleasantly surprised that the White female is literally coming on to him. He doesn't have to do anything -- just be there. Of my BM friends who have dated White females or later married one, this is what they've said has been their experience more times than not.

They've said for the first time in their lives they've had women who were very friendly and extremely accommodating towards him, who smiles a lot, is cheerful and positive, not argumentative, willing to work to get him, willing to do almost anything for him. So actually it was opposite of what you've stated. The White women are more aggressively pursuing the Black males. They've said this is just the opposite from their experiences with their own Black females; many who appear unfriendly or walk around with a frown on their face, want the male to jump thru hoops to earn her attention, wants him to spend money and wine and dine her to earn her approval, argumentative, has a low opinion of men and relationships in general stemming from her previous bad relationships. A few of these men have even said that in an interracial relationship they've felt more like the "man" in their relationship with a White woman (or Asian or Latina) than they ever have with a Black female.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:01 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Replying to your statements which I highlighted in red. Unfortunately, I don't think so. Maybe the taboo factor played into Black men pysche circa 1960's and 1970's but this is a new generation of Black males - the hiphop generation -- and that taboo never existed for them. Of course, I'm speaking in generalities - no one can speak for every single situation. But from my perspective, what I've noticed and seen personally in Black-White interracial relationsthips over the years White females are motivated by sexual instincts not motherly instincts at all. The image of BM carries with it a raw sexuality wrapped in super macho bravado that a lot of women find very enticing.

Second point, it's primarily the other way around from what you've stated. The White females make themselves very available (extremely friendly towards) to the Black males. A lot of those relationships start because the Black male is so flattered and pleasantly surprised that the White female is literally coming on to him. He doesn't have to do anything -- just be there. Of my BM friends who have dated White females or later married one, this is what they've said has been their experience more times than not.

They've said for the first time in their lives they've had women who were very friendly and extremely accommodating towards him, who smiles a lot, is cheerful and positive, not argumentative, willing to work to get him, willing to do almost anything for him. So actually it was opposite of what you've stated. The White women are more aggressively pursuing the Black males. They've said this is just the opposite from their experiences with their own Black females; many who appear unfriendly or walk around with a frown on their face, want the male to jump thru hoops to earn her attention, wants him to spend money and wine and dine her to earn her approval, argumentative, has a low opinion of men and relationships in general stemming from her previous bad relationships. A few of these men have even said that in an interracial relationship they've felt more like the "man" in their relationship with a White woman (or Asian or Latina) than they ever have with a Black female.

I think black women are at the bottom of the desirability totem pole for ANY male, be he white, Asian, black or Hispanic. They (correctly or incorrectly) are thought of as too argumentative and negative, probably because they feel they have a natural disadvantage in attracting anyone but their own race. The only cool black girls I ever considered dating dressed, acted, and 'behaved' like white girls (they were not LOUD and they had colorful iPods).

Old 11-07-2008, 09:06 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times
Default Thanks for reminding us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I always like how some people come on a board like this and start making generalizations like how Asain females don't like black men. At what point did we start assigning people to speak for how other people feel. Good grief.

Great point! That's why I try like to preface my statements with "I'm speaking in generalities because of course there are exceptions and not all situations are the same" or something close to that when talking about an entire group of people. I see in message boards all over the web were some people act as if they speak for an entire group: for an entire race or entire gender. I know women do it too but as a woman I see it more among men when discussing sex or relationships. It's extremely annoying when a male poster says "all men do this or that" or "any man would respond to XYZ situation with a female the way I would". It's like NO all men DON'T act like you or respond like you. Actually, all men DON'T even think like you. Some people...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships