Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 01:44 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
It's also made the men think that this behavior is the acceptable norm now.
But that's just it. It IS the acceptable norm now, it's just that some, perhaps you, based on your comment, don't like it. This, too, shall pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 01:48 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
If some women didn't give it up so easy this would not be a problem. It's easy for some to play men but when women can't keep thier skirts down who is to blame? Men AND women have the same problem.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:50 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Thoughts?
de·base/diˈbās/
Verb:
Reduce (something) in quality or value; degrade.
Lower the moral character of (someone): "war debases people"
'hookup culture' debases women who do take part, and the men who do not.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:52 PM

688 posts, read 897,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
But that's just it. It IS the acceptable norm now, it's just that some, perhaps you, based on your comment, don't like it. This, too, shall pass.
Not really. I was raised a certain way and take pride in how I am. I am not a part of the "hookup culture" nor will I ever be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
'hookup culture' debases women who do take part, and the men who do not.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
If some women didn't give it up so easy this would not be a problem. It's easy for some to play men but when women can't keep thier skirts down who is to blame? Men AND women have the same problem.
But women DO give it up so easy now. Things have changed, and they're not going back.

Why do you see it as a "problem"?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 PM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
It's considered sexism nowadays if you expect a woman to be sexually conservative because, in the minds women, being sexually conservative = being sexually unattractive. This is because Caucasian women (who make up the majority of women living in feminist societies) have become so insecure about their bodies, due to exaggerated feminist standards of beauty perpetuated by the mainstream media and entertainment industries, as well as the knowledge that women of other cultures possess much more universally appealing characteristics, that they cannot tolerate the thought of being unattractive, let alone being rejected sexually. The onus is then put on males to ensure that each and every female, no matter unattractive physically or mentally she is, never has to experience the feeling of being unattractive"
Im having a real hard time with the bolded. Is someone actually trying to connect feminist standards of beauty and perpetuated by mainstream media. Somehow I cant put the two together. It feels like an oxymoron.

I also wasnt aware that it was factual study that non-caucasian women were universally viewed as having more appealing characteristics.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
Not really. I was raised a certain way and take pride in how I am. I am not a part of the "hookup culture" nor will I ever be.
Which is your right. But more and more, people aren't being raised as you were. A trend I predict will continue.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:00 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
Did you actually take this article seriously? The author (Bennett) is well noted mangina.

He's got an agenda to emasculate men who don't kow tow to, or "man up" for damaged goods.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:03 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Did you actually take this article seriously? The author (Bennett) is well noted mangina.

He's got an agenda to emasculate men who don't kow tow to, or "man up" for damaged goods.
haha, i never heard of the guy but those are my thoughts exactly.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:04 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,684,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Likewise, if you are truly immune to the emotions of it, a women will regard the lay in the exact same way.

Immune to the emotions? Then isn't it just mutual masturbation at this point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships