Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 12:04 AM

773 posts, read 1,254,922 times

Advertisements

Friend: Pretty, great personality, intelligent, funny, well-read and a great body. She attracts men like honey attracts flies, and looking at things from an objective POV, I can see why. She's not a bad person. Also in serious legal trouble that will cost a lot to get out of ... very dependent/helpless ... expects the man in her life to take care of serious issues that only she can make right. Her relationships rarely last more than a couple of months, tops. I expect they figure it out ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 11:20 AM

30,563 posts, read 21,714,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I used to know a lady in her 30's, now 40's that had been married 6 times. I don't think any of her marriages lasted over 2 or 3 years. She was even having an affair with a married sheriff in our town. She was even trying to get pregnant by him, although he had no idea about that. Thank goodness she did not get pregnant and he cut off their relationship, but she was someone that will probably spend her whole life in toxic relationships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
YES. I have a girlfriend who basically destroys every man she's ever been with. She's the girl who fakes pregnancies to keep a guy, pretends to be diagnosed with cancer to get attention, gets drunk and dances half naked on bars etc etc. Basically, she is a walking stereotype of every crazy woman ever.

Yet....she always has a boyfriend, or dates, even after I warn dudes about her. She dated 2 of my really good male friends a few months apart and I absolutely couldn't believe the second one dated her after seeing the hell she put the first one through. It was incredible.
Whats the Attraction to these women? Are they that good looking?
Amazingly, Ive never had a relationship with this type of person as I usually attract the Common sense, grounded type of personality.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:25 AM

40,925 posts, read 48,883,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Whats the Attraction to these women? Are they that good looking?
Amazingly, Ive never had a relationship with this type of person as I usually attract the Common sense, grounded type of personality.
I'm going to come out with a Bumper sticker or T-Shirt that says:

Men are Stupid, Women are Crazy.

Now granted that does not apply to everyone just about 50% of the people in this world. Men and women can see a disaster headed their way and think it won't happen to them.

In mens cases, many times their little brain overrides their big brain. Amazing what we'll put up with just to get laid, thus the stupid part.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Now granted that does not apply to everyone just about 50% of the people in this world. Men and women can see a disaster headed their way and think it won't happen to them.

In mens cases, many times their little brain overrides their big brain. Amazing what we'll put up with just to get laid, thus the stupid part.
Ive been attracted to "a little crazy" in the case of a really attractive woman before. Fortunately, she didn't find me attractive

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-05-2012 at 12:17 PM..

Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,952,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
How long did it take before he showed his true colors?
Yeah, it takes about that long for the mask to come off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

True. It's not like there isn't a forest of red flags beforehand - you just brush them off and then you get brush fire!

Old 04-05-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
Friend: Pretty, great personality, intelligent, funny, well-read and a great body. She attracts men like honey attracts flies, and looking at things from an objective POV, I can see why. She's not a bad person. Also in serious legal trouble that will cost a lot to get out of ... very dependent/helpless ... expects the man in her life to take care of serious issues that only she can make right. Her relationships rarely last more than a couple of months, tops. I expect they figure it out ...
Is it just that she's trying to suck money out of them? Money to some guys is nothing. Some guys have toy collections that they put 50k a year into and some more. Helping out their girlfriend would not seem too unreasonably?

Old 04-05-2012, 11:31 PM

230 posts, read 314,461 times
Great post. I was pretty cool with a guy in college, who every so often would get cussed out by girls he dated - either in person, via text, etc. And each time, his story would always be the same - "She's crazy." He'd give the same answer when asked why a certain relationship didn't work out. Most of our friends figured they weren't all crazy or that he must have done something to make those women react like that. He even left a job because he screwed over a few of the females he was working with. Toxic!!

Old 04-07-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymRAT3311 View Post
Great post. I was pretty cool with a guy in college, who every so often would get cussed out by girls he dated - either in person, via text, etc. And each time, his story would always be the same - "She's crazy." He'd give the same answer when asked why a certain relationship didn't work out. Most of our friends figured they weren't all crazy or that he must have done something to make those women react like that. He even left a job because he screwed over a few of the females he was working with. Toxic!!
Thats a different take. Sounds like made women go nuts

Old 04-07-2012, 05:24 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,932,449 times
I know a woman who is like that but it's only because she has a bangin body.. I mean bangin.. She takes hearts and money and has no shame in her game.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:26 PM

733 posts, read 1,660,035 times
Unfortunately, yes. He targets average-looking insecure types that never had a relationship before, and breaks their heart in a few months. That reminds me, I really should remove him from Facebook...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships