Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:56 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's a difference between feeling entitled to a "hot man" and a "good man". It's fair for everyone to expect to find a good person for a spouse. "Good" and "hot" don't necessarily go together.
If you want a good spouse than you need to be one yourself. If someone isn't a good person themselves than why are they so surprised when all the good people past them up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 04:05 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

Most normal men i know dont expect a model or a 10 just somebody who they are attracted to and can trust
That's nice to hear.

Quote:
Why is it so hard to believe some men are desperate for female company? some of us want love but arent attractive to the opposite sex
My point was that judging by their behavior in social situations, it's hard to believe they have such a strong need for women. I don't see men talking to women. They may pine for women when they're alone, but they don't talk to women when they have the chance. You'd be surprised what a good sense of humor and a nice smile can do to attractiveness, or the perceived lack of it.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:13 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's nice to hear.

My point was that judging by their behavior in social situations, it's hard to believe they have such a strong need for women. I don't see men talking to women. They may pine for women when they're alone, but they don't talk to women when they have the chance. You'd be surprised what a good sense of humor and a nice smile can do to attractiveness, or the perceived lack of it.
I cant speak for everyone but for myself im pretty shy and the fact im 31 and never been in a relationship my confidence with women is pretty low with no positive experiences..

Also it hurts when you finally have the guts to to up to a women and she looks at you like how dare someone like you approach me and makes me even more afraid to appraoch..

Old 04-10-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Entitlements go both ways. Ever heard of women feeling entitled to having a man pay for her expenses all in the name of courtship
Didn't that die out in the 60's? Do people still do that?

Old 04-10-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Also it hurts when you finally have the guts to to up to a women and she looks at you like how dare someone like you approach me and makes me even more afraid to appraoch..
Men do this to women, too. Sad world, no?

Here's what you can do, JBT. Be friendly and talk to people every day. Talk to anyone, no matter what the age or gender. Just get used to smiling and saying hello, making a little chit-chat in the grocery line, at the post office, at a concert, wherever. It's not even about meeting people, it's just about passing the time, just brightening people's day and your day with a little banter. Once you get comfortable with that, it's easy. Then it doesn't have to be a big deal about getting up any nerve, it's just automatic, it's just part of being neighborly, nice and relaxed. Your whole future won't be hanging on how someone reacts to you, because you'll be interacting with people every day. At some point, someone will respond. Patience.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:37 PM

348 posts, read 549,865 times
Quote:
I cant speak for everyone but for myself im pretty shy and the fact im 31 and never been in a relationship my confidence with women is pretty low with no positive experiences..

It wasn't always easy for me either, but now I'll talk to anyone, approach any woman. Practice and you'll get better, I promise. It's never too late.

Just remember this exchange from Three Kings:

Archie Gates: You're scared, right?
Conrad Vig: Maybe.
Archie Gates: The way it works is, you do the thing you're scared ****less of, and you get the courage AFTER you do it, not before you do it.
Conrad Vig: That's a dumbass way to work. It should be the other way around.
Archie Gates: I know. That's the way it works.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
It wasn't always easy for me either, but now I'll talk to anyone, approach any woman. Practice and you'll get better, I promise.
Way to go, Doc!

Old 04-10-2012, 06:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
It wasn't always easy for me either, but now I'll talk to anyone, approach any woman. Practice and you'll get better, I promise. It's never too late.

Just remember this exchange from Three Kings:

Archie Gates: You're scared, right?
Conrad Vig: Maybe.
Archie Gates: The way it works is, you do the thing you're scared ****less of, and you get the courage AFTER you do it, not before you do it.
Conrad Vig: That's a dumbass way to work. It should be the other way around.
Archie Gates: I know. That's the way it works.
I couldn't rep you again but great post! I didn't see that movie but I wholeheartedly agree with that quote!

Old 04-10-2012, 06:42 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
IMO the article is a load of BS. It isnt the men that have entitlement issues

Old 04-10-2012, 06:48 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
What I find funny is that some of the men are up in arms over this article - saying how untrue it is. But it seems that what they find untrue are the reasons - most of the aren't saying that they don't hate women - they are just saying that they don't hate women for these reasons... It seems that they hate women for other reasons... Oh - but they don't hate women - they just think they are the entitled ones, they are cowardly, they are all looking to marry some guy so they can divorce him and take all his money, they are just looking to date so they can get free dinners, they use sex as a bargaining chip, they have children just so they can get child support later on, etc. Oh - but that doesn't mean they hate women - they just have no respect for them but not for the reasons in this article... And a total lack of respect doesn't equal hate... Too funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships