Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 05:53 AM

333 posts, read 999,497 times

Advertisements

What is it with women and bad boys? You know the type: cocky, arrogant, womanizing, and yet women fall from the constantly.

I would think that you could see them coming from a mile away and not fall prey to there charms, but, apparently I'm wrong. Those rugged good looks must cancel out the signals that clearly state, "I hear for a good time only, proceed at your own risk".

So what is it? Is it worth the risk? The pain and suffering you later experience, when, as the label implies, the "bad" side of the bad boy emerges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 05:55 AM

257 posts, read 1,131,464 times
look at my post that i did a while back. its called when do nice guys come first...or something along those lines. It pretty much tells you everything you need to know lol. Been through that. I guess i gotta badden up haha

Old 08-12-2008, 07:15 AM

1,244 posts, read 3,225,814 times
I think that some women confuse that cocky, arrogant attitude with confidence and that is what they find attractive. However, those very things that they mistake as attractive end up being the very reasons why the relationship doesn't work out.

Personally, when I was younger and single, bad boys were interesting I won't deny that. But it was to go out and have a good time, help tap into your own wild side a bit (I am not talking sexually here, just in general). However, they were not relationship material. Just friendship type of stuff. As I got older, it wasn't even that anymore. I just finding nothing really appealing about the "bad boy" type. I much prefer the stable, family type that offers stability versus the rollercoaster ride.

Unfortunately, and I don't get it either, a lot of women, and especially the younger girls, seem to really go for these bad boy types. I've seen it with my son. He wasn't a bad boy type, but wound up getting hurt a lot of times because it was like girls had no clue what to do when a guy actually treated them right and with respect. Common lines upon break-up for him were "you are too nice" or "your so sweet you deserve someone better than me" or "you're too good for your own good". I mean, hello, what is in these girls brains. My son is now 19 and he is back to being himself, but he did go through a little period there where it was what the heck and he was playing up that part of "bad boy". He figured thats what the girls wanted, fortunately, he couldn't play the part all that well, still wound up getting hurt because in the end, once the relationship would start, he couldn't help but be himself.

Personally, I think girls/women that tend to go for these bad boy types are only setting themselves up for a failed relationship a lot of times, rare are the ones that work out in my opinion. Therefore, I see it as a self-destructive path to be on. Why anyone would want to be on it is beyond me.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:02 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,177,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post
What is it with women and bad boys?

...because just like some guys want to hump a hot woman just for the fun of it, sometimes gals just want to bang a bad boy just for the he11 of it. Nothin' wrong with that--girls just wanna have fun, too.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:07 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,588 times
I for one have never been the type that is interested in the bad boy
(well except for that XXX guy but he was fioneeeeeee and that was on the big screen ). I'm not attracted to cocky, arrogance and damn sure not attracted to womanizers.

So I couldn't tell ya what the fascination is I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post
What is it with women and bad boys? You know the type: cocky, arrogant, womanizing, and yet women fall from the constantly.

I would think that you could see them coming from a mile away and not fall prey to there charms, but, apparently I'm wrong. Those rugged good looks must cancel out the signals that clearly state, "I hear for a good time only, proceed at your own risk".

So what is it? Is it worth the risk? The pain and suffering you later experience, when, as the label implies, the "bad" side of the bad boy emerges.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:11 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
THIS topic is the most popular and brought up topic always.

mari4him,first you admit why you were attracted to "badboys" but then wonder what girls are thinking when it involves your son.No confusion there.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:12 AM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,659 times
I hate to admit it but I am addicted to bad boys! You'd think at 33 years old, I would be over it. I really love the chase, the thrill and the excitement. Sometimes, I think that I'd love to settle down and find the "right" guy but bad boys always lead me astray. Mari4him is right though - it never works out and I always end up heartbroken (at least until the next one comes along!)

Old 08-12-2008, 09:17 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
moral of the story guys..........no matter how much you want the security of having a woman commited to you or no matter how hot or good her ***** is or how much her DD"s turn you on control yourself and think about yourself and do not put up with her BS sacrificing your honor as a man.

Don't worry about keeping a leash on her,you'll only doom yourself,get into a situation where she is whipped on you mentally and sexually and be willing to tell her go away when she tests you.Act like a puppy dog and you'll be run over by her till she gets to the point she has no respect for you and tosses you away........

Not easliy done but that's it the way I see it.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:18 AM

What about the women that want to try to build a relationship with a bad boy?

So you have the bad boy that likes hanging out, doing adventurous stuff, is cocky, handsome and women adore him, and now you want him home folding cloths, going to grocery store and having a block buster night. When that does not work, because after all he is a "bad boy" the women complain about how the guy was no good.

hmmm...

I've seen it before. Not in all cases, but in some. And in the truly sad cases the woman just goes out and finds another bad boy.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjuel View Post
I hate to admit it but I am addicted to bad boys! You'd think at 33 years old, I would be over it. I really love the chase, the thrill and the excitement. Sometimes, I think that I'd love to settle down and find the "right" guy but bad boys always lead me astray. Mari4him is right though - it never works out and I always end up heartbroken (at least until the next one comes along!)
My point exactly!

What is wrong with a regular guy that would treat you properly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships