U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 02:53 PM

5,398 posts, read 3,589,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You are out of your tree. You don't have to date any of these people you don't want to date. But pitching a fit says a whole lot more about you than them. Someone SHOULDN'T be in recovery? I say good on him for being open and up front.
No, it's great that he's in recovery, but the point is that he has a whole bunch of baggage that I don't want to get involved with considering that I don't have that type of baggage and I don't need it in my life...i.e. he brings NOTHING TO THE TABLE.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:57 PM

8,012 posts, read 3,958,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
No, it's great that he's in recovery, but the point is that he has a whole bunch of baggage that I don't want to get involved with considering that I don't have that type of baggage and I don't need it in my life...i.e. he brings NOTHING TO THE TABLE.

So send him a thank you for your time note and move along. Why feel the need for the great superior denigration? Different strokes for different folks, but if I had the ability I would warn any of these gents to run, don't walk, away from miss high maintenance.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:00 PM

4,387 posts, read 2,201,074 times
Quote:
Ok, here's an example of a profile of someone who sent me a message a few minutes ago. I really don't think I'm overreacting here...

About: Smokes often with Athletic body type
Details: 27 year old Man, 5' 8" (173 cm), Other Religion
Ethnicity: Caucasian Virgo with Brown hair
Intent: Looking for a relationship.
Education: High School
Do you drink? No
Do you want children? Undecided/Open
Marital Status: Single
Do you do drugs? No
Eye Color: Blue
Profession: Electritian (he can't even spell his own profession!)
Do you have children? Yes
Do you have a car? Yes
Longest Relationship Over 1 year

About Me
Im a single father of a 5 year old...
I am in recovery and have been clean for 6 months now...

STOP THE MADNESS!!
Everyone here understands that you have standards and that's fine but guess what, when you put yourself out there all kinds of guys are going to approach you. That's just the way it is. If you don't want these guys to come in contact with you then close your account. I don't know why you can't just ignore these guys instead of making angry rants about them.

Also you should consider yourself lucky for getting attention from the opposite sex in the first place because some people are not.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:02 PM

24,925 posts, read 18,655,877 times
To the OP, I think some of your "list" items are legit, I just think the way you wrote them and how you conveyed it, it came off as snobby, but I don't think in reality those things are too much ask for, especially as you stated the combinations of no education, not wanting kids and bad grammar.

IDK.

I think maybe you should ease up a bit on the education portion, many people in the world are very smart and don't have advanced degrees. I sometimes think we been sold a bill of goods on how important college really is, don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not anti-college.

But, it is a business too after all.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:03 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,654,911 times
Oh, posting the contents of someone else's profile is just childish and nasty.

Let's see yours.

1,460 posts, read 906,601 times
I cant see myself ever being aquianted with a sole mate from an online service....probably because I had to google POF

Seems to me people use to just fall in love for having spent time together etc, there wasn't a standing judgment of what someone has or accomplished being the deciding factor of whether or not they were worthy of your presence.

16,287 posts, read 8,684,626 times
Quote:
No. He brings nothing to your table. Someone else might have a different table and they might welcome him there.

You should update your profile to say that you get really angry when people who you deem below you are interested in you.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:04 PM

5,398 posts, read 3,589,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
So send him a thank you for your time note and move along. Why feel the need for the great superior denigration? Different strokes for different folks, but if I had the ability I would warn any of these gents to run, don't walk, away from miss high maintenance.
I don't think I'm "high maintenance" just because I'm looking for someone who makes responsible choices in their life like I do. Also, I'm not going to send these guys thank you notes for wasting my time (yes, it's a waste of my time to read these messages, check the profiles, and press the block button). I'd be sending them all day considering the amount of these messages that i get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Oh, posting the contents of someone else's profile is just childish and nasty.

Let's see yours.
I kept it anonymous. What's the problem?

Old 04-08-2012, 03:05 PM

658 posts, read 657,279 times
Quote:
Ok, here's an example of a profile of someone who sent me a message a few minutes ago. I really don't think I'm overreacting here...

About: Smokes often with Athletic body type
Details: 27 year old Man, 5' 8" (173 cm), Other Religion
Ethnicity: Caucasian Virgo with Brown hair
Intent: Looking for a relationship.
Education: High School
Do you drink? No
Do you want children? Undecided/Open
Marital Status: Single
Do you do drugs? No
Eye Color: Blue
Profession: Electritian (he can't even spell his own profession!)
Do you have children? Yes
Do you have a car? Yes
Longest Relationship Over 1 year

About Me
Im a single father of a 5 year old...
I am in recovery and have been clean for 6 months now...

STOP THE MADNESS!!
Could your annoyance stems from the fact that people who meet your "requirements" rarely contact you? You are taking it out on others?

I mean, I have been bombarded by guys from all walks of life when I was online dating, never once did I lose my cool.

Ignore them, I know you can.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:06 PM

18,868 posts, read 15,632,443 times
Well, I would be interested in that guy, he sounds nice. Probably makes a good salary, he could install the kitchen fan I have been wanting awhile, and he does not drink or do drugs. Sure, he can't spell...since when is that important in a relationship?

What do you "bring to the table"? Looks like a lot of issues. INMO.

You have not even met him, and you judge him a loser not fit for you. One of the nicest, wealthiest men I know happens to be an electrician...with his own company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships