Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 02:09 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
W
You have not even met him, and you judge him a loser not fit for you. One of the nicest, wealthiest men I know happens to be an electrician...with his own company.
I had no problem with him being an electrician. I had a problem with him not being able to spell the word "electrician" coupled with the other things I highlighted.

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No. He brings nothing to your table. Someone else might have a different table and they might welcome him there.

You should update your profile to say that you get really angry when people who you deem below you are interested in you.
I agree with some of the posts here. That guy does bring something to the table. You just feel that he's below you in some way.

I would call you high maintenance, and I have a college education, have no kids, and make good choices. Well, not with women up to his point at least.

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Ok, here's an example of a profile of someone who sent me a message a few minutes ago. I really don't think I'm overreacting here...

About: Smokes often with Athletic body type
Details: 27 year old Man, 5' 8" (173 cm), Other Religion
Ethnicity: Caucasian Virgo with Brown hair
Intent: Looking for a relationship.
Education: High School
Do you drink? No
Do you want children? Undecided/Open
Marital Status: Single
Do you do drugs? No
Eye Color: Blue
Profession: Electritian (he can't even spell his own profession!)
Do you have children? Yes
Do you have a car? Yes
Longest Relationship Over 1 year

About Me
Im a single father of a 5 year old...
I am in recovery and have been clean for 6 months now...

STOP THE MADNESS!!

So your upset because he has a child & only went to H.S? I'd be more worried if he was a good dad or not. So the recovery thing scares you, big deal it sounds like he's being honest. Whats wrong with that? We ALL mess up from time to with grammer, I KNOW I do. Does that make me a bad person?

Old 04-08-2012, 02:11 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
Could your annoyance stems from the fact that people who meet your "requirements" rarely contact you? You are taking it out on others?

I mean, I have been bombarded by guys from all walks of life when I was online dating, never once did I lose my cool.

Ignore them, I know you can.
Exactly, this is the way to handle it, not going on the internet ranting.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:11 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I agree with some of the posts here. That guy does bring something to the table. You just feel that he's below you in some way.
I don't feel that he's "below" me, I just feel that he would not make a good romantic partner for me.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:12 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
I don't think I'm "high maintenance" just because I'm looking for someone who makes responsible choices in their life like I do. Also, I'm not going to send these guys thank you notes for wasting my time (yes, it's a waste of my time to read these messages, check the profiles, and press the block button). I'd be sending them all day considering the amount of these messages that i get.

I kept it anonymous. What's the problem?
The problem is that you are being completely shrewish and bratty in posting the contents of a man's profile when he has done nothing wrong to you. The only profile you should have a right to post is yours. Given that apparently you are perfect, please share with the class so that men everywhere can learn what an accomplished, wonderful, beautiful woman they'd be getting, one so utterly magnificent that only a Nobel Laureate whose condom never broke would be worthy. Show us, please, so that men can bow and scrape before you before they fling themselves off a cliff at the realization that they could never have you, Almighty Princess of All She Surveys.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:13 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
I don't feel that he's "below" me, I just feel that he would not make a good romantic partner for me.

Have you met him? Talked to him? Sort of judgemental of you to assume that you & him won't hit it off.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:13 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
I cant see myself ever being aquianted with a sole mate from an online service....probably because I had to google POF
I am sorry. I know it is in poor taste to do the grammar, typing, spelling nazi thing. But this one just cracked me up. Fillet of sole, mate? Sole for two?

The SoleMates™ - High Heel® Protector Cap, Prevents Heels from Sinking into Grass

Old 04-08-2012, 02:14 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I am sorry. I know it is in poor taste to do the grammar, typing, spelling nazi thing. But this one just cracked me up. Fillet of sole, mate? Sole for two?

The SoleMates™ - High Heel® Protector Cap, Prevents Heels from Sinking into Grass
I deserve that

Old 04-08-2012, 02:16 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times
Quote:
This is another online dating rant. Everytime I go on POF, I get angry. I don't know if it's just my city (I'm on the East Coast), but there seems to be a very large number of undesirable, bottom of the barrel type men on that site, and they keep sending me messages! The main things I notice on dating profiles are:

1. Photos
2. Age
3. Education
4. Does he have kids?

All four of these things have to be acceptable otherwise I am not interested. I'm routinely contacted by men who didn't go to college AND they have kids. Either of those things alone wouldn't be ideal, but put them together and it's much worse. I just don't understand why these guys think I'd even be interested in them considering that I'm a college educated professional woman with no children. I'm attractive and in shape and definitely not desperate enough to date them. They have absolutely nothing to offer me and I really wish they would stop wasting my time with their stupid, grammatically incorrect messages! Seriously, I just can't deal with it. I know that POF is the most popular free site and occasionally, I'll be contacted by a decent guy which is why I'm reluctant to leave the site altogether, but the majority of these men truly make me sick. I understand that not everyone is intelligent/fortunate/responsible enough to get a college degree or to not have kids out of wedlock, but they need to just focus on women on their own level and leave me alone. It's really ticking me off that I have to immediately block like 98% of the men who contact me on that site. I'd write this up in my profile, but I know I would just sound bitter and end up turning off the men who I do want, and these idiots who I don't want would still keep contacting me anyway.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I'm fed up and this is how I feel. Has anyone else experienced this issue with POF? I know the site automatically allows you to block messages from certain users based on age, distance, etc., but I would really love it if they added filters for education level and parental status as well.
My uncle didn't go to college, is a millionaire and probably more successful than you will ever hope to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships