Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 05:28 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I resent a woman telling me that I'm not good enough because I don't have a college education. I've made over 200K a year before I retired, and that was enough. Money isn't everything, nor is a college educated woman.
Ok well, that's not what I'm saying. I've dated men without degrees and would do so again. I know that a man without a degree can be just as successful and professional as a man who has one, but I have a preference for men with degrees because I generally feel that we will have more in common. In my city, the majority of the men who contact me who usually have kids/no degrees come from a very specific culture that I want nothing to do with. They're usually hoodlums who post photos of themselves throwing up gang signs and middle fingers and they just present themselves in a very negative manner. Yes I know that not ALL men with kids/no degrees are like this, but the ones who contact me are usually like this and it does make me angry. Also, I've NEVER seen a profile like this when a guy has a college degree and no children, so that's why I prefer those men.

Bottom line: There's nothing wrong with simply not having a college degree, but in my city, I often see negative qualities that go along with not having one, so that's why I'd prefer a man with one.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:44 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
This thread brings the lulz!

There is nothing wrong with your requirements per se, but as others have stated, it is totally the way you expressed it that is the problem.

That said, you are making a lot of assumptions about non college grads with kids. You didn't originally say anything about hoodlums throwing up gang signs. So apparently, you are connecting all these traits in your head. People have given you a lot of examples of decent guys who might have your " undesirable" characteristics. Not all people who have not gone to college and who have kids are in gangs or live thier lives in certain ways. They are also not all "irresponsible", as you keep implying.

I guess want I'm trying to say is if you want a responsible guy with minimal drama and who can take care of himself financially and who is not a criminal, that's fine and reasonable. But the things you mentioned have nothing really to do with that, even though you are assuming they do and you are doing it in kind of a rude way on top of that. No offense intended but maybe that's worth thinking about,

Last edited by Tinawina; 04-09-2012 at 05:59 PM..

Old 04-09-2012, 05:51 PM

109 posts, read 310,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
This is another online dating rant. Everytime I go on POF, I get angry. I don't know if it's just my city (I'm on the East Coast), but there seems to be a very large number of undesirable, bottom of the barrel type men on that site, and they keep sending me messages! The main things I notice on dating profiles are:

1. Photos
2. Age
3. Education
4. Does he have kids?

All four of these things have to be acceptable otherwise I am not interested. I'm routinely contacted by men who didn't go to college AND they have kids. Either of those things alone wouldn't be ideal, but put them together and it's much worse. I just don't understand why these guys think I'd even be interested in them considering that I'm a college educated professional woman with no children. I'm attractive and in shape and definitely not desperate enough to date them. They have absolutely nothing to offer me and I really wish they would stop wasting my time with their stupid, grammatically incorrect messages! Seriously, I just can't deal with it. I know that POF is the most popular free site and occasionally, I'll be contacted by a decent guy which is why I'm reluctant to leave the site altogether, but the majority of these men truly make me sick. I understand that not everyone is intelligent/fortunate/responsible enough to get a college degree or to not have kids out of wedlock, but they need to just focus on women on their own level and leave me alone. It's really ticking me off that I have to immediately block like 98% of the men who contact me on that site. I'd write this up in my profile, but I know I would just sound bitter and end up turning off the men who I do want, and these idiots who I don't want would still keep contacting me anyway.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I'm fed up and this is how I feel. Has anyone else experienced this issue with POF? I know the site automatically allows you to block messages from certain users based on age, distance, etc., but I would really love it if they added filters for education level and parental status as well.
Ok, but look at American gal ..... over weight , bossy , they dont care anymore . They never go to the Gym . Feminist Nazis have screwed most men's perception of women .

Old 04-09-2012, 06:04 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
That said, you are making a lot of assumptions about non college grads with kids. You didn't originally say anything about hoodlums throwing up gang signs. So apparently, you are connecting all these traits in your head. People have given you a lot of examples of decent guys who might have your " undesirable" characteristics. Not all people who ave not gone to college and who have kids are in gangs or live thier lives in certain ways. They are also not all "irresponsible", as you keep implying.
I didn't initially mention the middle finger photos or the word "hoodlum" in my initial post because I didn't want to generalize too much but it's true that these kind of men disgust me (and it's evident in my writing) and I find the best way to avoid them is to focus on men with degrees and no children. Hoodlums are abundant in my city so I know why a large number of them approach me but I will never pretend to be flattered by it or even ok with it.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:38 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I think this can be a mistake, too. Not everything is set in stone in those shopping lists.
Mistake for? I am 34 and if it says maximum age is 33 then I won't message her.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
This thread brings the lulz!

There is nothing wrong with your requirements per se, but as others have stated, it is totally the way you expressed it that is the problem.

That said, you are making a lot of assumptions about non college grads with kids. You didn't originally say anything about hoodlums throwing up gang signs. So apparently, you are connecting all these traits in your head. People have given you a lot of examples of decent guys who might have your " undesirable" characteristics. Not all people who have not gone to college and who have kids are in gangs or live thier lives in certain ways. They are also not all "irresponsible", as you keep implying.

I guess want I'm trying to say is if you want a responsible guy with minimal drama and who can take care of himself financially and who is not a criminal, that's fine and reasonable. But the things you mentioned have nothing really to do with that, even though you are assuming they do and you are doing it in kind of a rude way on top of that. No offense intended but maybe that's worth thinking about,

I think some of us got that impression I know I did.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:46 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Nothing will change the OP perception that people who don't go to college are ignorant folks. And good spelling is one of the most important attributes in a person to have a relationship with. Men with kids are just complete losers, and blue collar workers are basically broke, trailer trash.

Let's just wish her well on finding "Prince Charming". I hear that Prince Harry is still single and looking. Best wishes on finding your perfect mate, who meets your criteria.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I didn't initially mention the middle finger photos or the word "hoodlum" in my initial post because I didn't want to generalize too much but it's true that these kind of men disgust me (and it's evident in my writing)

WOW! You like stepping in it don't you?

Old 04-09-2012, 07:07 PM

37 posts, read 24,056 times
My brother has cerebral Palsy, with a bunch of other things thrown into the mix just for fun. He is disabled and can't drive, so according to your criteria; he is a loser. Note that I love my brother more than life.

You are (Mod Cut)

Last edited by jasper12; 04-09-2012 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: TOS.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxaimeexXx View Post
My brother has cerebral Palsy, with a bunch of other things thrown into the mix just for fun. He is disabled and can't drive, so according to your criteria; he is a loser. Note that I love my brother more than life.

You are a stupid, insensitive b*tch. F--k you.

And with that

Good night Gracie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships