Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 05:19 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,425,820 times

Advertisements

I would immediately act disinterested, do not pay attention to their little games. Do not respond when they try to get a rise out of you. Just be like "yeah, sure. whatever." either they will lose interest and stop messing with you or if she does like you her hand will be forced and she will quit the hard to get BS, if that is really what is going on. Immediate and total disinterest is the best, and only, way to go, if you want to preserve any dignity whatsoever. Pull it off and you will have won, otherwise you lose more and more each day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 05:37 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,562 times
... puppy love.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:17 PM

22 posts, read 21,768 times
I think this thread should be locked before MsAnthrope gets a heart attack.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:47 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,685,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochi View Post

I don't understand why she would say no and walk to the washroom ASAP, if she was just playing me.
Because she knows you like her. When a girl is toying with you or playing you, she'll send the message that she likes you, then shoot you down. Rinse and repeat. No offense man, but you are pretty dense. As soon as you ignore her or stop chasing her, then she'll probably turn up the smiling, giggling and flirting. Gotta say, I don't feel sorry for you. We all pretty much can tell she's having fun with you, but you are completely in denial.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Because she knows you like her. When a girl is toying with you or playing you, she'll send the message that she likes you, then shoot you down. Rinse and repeat. No offense man, but you are pretty dense. As soon as you ignore her or stop chasing her, then she'll probably turn up the smiling, giggling and flirting. Gotta say, I don't feel sorry for you. We all pretty much can tell she's having fun with you, but you are completely in denial.
Why would she follow me and try to start a meaningful convo with me?

She was pretty awkward/nervous while talking to me outside of class.

The second time I caught her looking for me, she stormed towards the exit. Like it was a snap lol!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:10 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
When people play games it absolutely comes off as them not being interested, which you can't tell if they are just playing or really not interested. When you encounter this just check out of the game and assume that they are not interested and move on.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Why would she follow me and try to start a meaningful convo with me?

She was pretty awkward/nervous while talking to me outside of class.

The second time I caught her looking for me, she stormed towards the exit. Like it was a snap lol!
bump.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:10 PM

688 posts, read 897,166 times
Quote:
bump.
Why not just ask her out one last time and if she rejects the offer, shrug your shoulders and walk away. Unless you like to play games, why deal with the nonsense?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:34 AM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,226 times
Quote:
Before even approaching her, I already told myself that if I was getting played or something, it wouldn't matter, since I've got a lot of options, i.e. other girls.

I get plenty of attention from girls at school, but I pretty much dont care or ignore them...sad but true lol.

To be honest, I ignored this girl last year and felt bad so this is why I was trying hard to talk to her + I didn't realize she was pretty.

I have nothing invested in this except for giving her attention. I think its amusing what she does and even if I get rejected, its a good thing because I know I had done my best.

I am not some sucker or anything like that. I did what I did to make her happy, but I got sucked into it too much I guess. It's better for me to at least try to talk to her rather than give no effort.

I still like this girl, but it's all good. I mean you should have seen the things she would do to get my attention lmao.

I don't understand why she would follow me and try to talk to me after class....this wasn't obvious, but I figured it out. This indicates some interest I think.

Can anybody answer this? Is it maybe because I ignored her in class that day?
What do you like about this girl? It seems like you hardly know her. She must be really pretty. What kind of hold does she have on you? Don't ask her out again, she's only going to to reject you. I think you've been humiliated enough. She seems like a weirdo who you shouldn't get involved with. However, if you insist on pursuing her, ignore her! She likes the attention she's getting from you and she's having fun messing with your head. Ignoring her is the best strategy.

Find other women in the same class to talk to who aren't weirdos and make sure they look better than this girl, if possible. Do you have assigned seating in class? If not then try to sit as far away from her as possible and try to sit in an area behind her so she can't look at you unless she makes a conscious effort. Seriously, how big is your college/university? If you go to a big one with 20,000 to 30,000 students, why are you worrying about this anti-social maroon? There's too many women out there with better looks and personality than her. You claim you have many options so exercise them.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:36 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
I like this girl and were in college; things shes done over a couple of months:

-ask her friend if I am looking at her, when her friend nods, she plays with her hair (lol)

-talks louder near me to get my attention

-before I approached her, every time I made eye contact with her she would look at me then look down, look away
(im guilty of this too since I am shy)

-after I talked to her:when talking to me, shes cool but i noticed a couple of times she sorta stares into my eyes and her voice starts to crack//sounds like she's scared

-she seems interested in what I have to do for school

-however, I waited for her near a building, and she called me creep, but was smiling/giggling (She seemed VERY serious though)

-Another day I saw her friend follow me; she also followed me another day (im sure about this)

- I asked her for lunch, she looked at me smiled and shook her head, then we walked faster and faster until she went abruptly to washroom, before saying "cya later" - didn't give me a reason on why she said no until I asked and she was giggling saying i've got stuff to do.

so is she saying "no" in a nice way or is she just shy/nervous
She might just be a complete ditzoid.

As far as her turndown for lunch, she might have already had plans. So let's make this really simple: Ask her out for drinks/dinner/movie/whatever. If she says 'no,' then you have your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships