Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 02:15 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,973,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
Don't do this. You already tried once and she rejected you. If she really wanted to go out with you she would have given an alternative time to go out and she didn't. OP, stop trying to apply logic to this weirdo. Also, I think you're imagining this seductive hair-playing thing.

She had her chance with you and she blew it. Have some self-respect, man! Continue to ignore her. She'll come crawling to you and ask for a date but say no. On the off chance you two ever agree to a date, she's going to do something flaky like stand you up or cancel it. This chick plays games, don't trust her.

You've stated several times that a lot of women find you attractive. Why are you worrying about this little girl? Are you dating any other women currently?
Disagree. It's always worth it to ask a second time. After that, if she pulls that stuff with him, say, "Look if you don't want to go out with me, then stop flirting with me. Understood?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 02:24 PM

22 posts, read 21,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
Don't do this. You already tried once and she rejected you. If she really wanted to go out with you she would have given an alternative time to go out and she didn't. OP, stop trying to apply logic to this weirdo. Also, I think you're imagining this seductive hair-playing thing.

She had her chance with you and she blew it. Have some self-respect, man! Continue to ignore her. She'll come crawling to you and ask for a date but say no. On the off chance you two ever agree to a date, she's going to do something flaky like stand you up or cancel it. This chick plays games, don't trust her.

You've stated several times that a lot of women find you attractive. Why are you worrying about this little girl? Are you dating any other women currently?
Yeah am not going to ask her again - not because of my arrogance/self-respect but because I respect her decision. I know she likes me, but shes being immature // or influenced by her friends or just doesn't want to come clean with it.

The hair playing is real - it's been done to me so many times (by alot of other girls) that I can tell if its just normal or attention grabbing.

I appreciate the sincere advice; even if she sets me up, I'd be hurt a bit, but I'll accept it. I don't think I can ever hate this chick...damn.

I am worrying about this girl because I ignored her last semester and I feel bad for doing that to her. I don't care about that now, but this is what drives me towards her I guess.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Ok, here's the truth, and I speak from experience. I had a similar situation many years ago. The truth is, yes she likes you. She likes you a lot. It's very possible that she has serious feelings for you. Your right, she wouldn't be waisting her time doing all this if she didn't. However, you bruised her ego. When you ignored her advances last year/semester whatever she couldn't handle it. It's obvious she likes you, you know that deep in your gut. We can lie to you and tell you that she doesn't but that wouldn't be fair to you. The bottom line is that you probably blew it. She is and was too immature to handle your rejection at the time. She doesn't know what your reasons for rejecting her were so most likely she thinks you liked someone else. When you went after her, she probably felt like she was second best to someone else. And now that you are trying for her, it's her turn to reject you!

Does she like you--obviously. Cause like you said, she wouldn't be waisting so much time trying to get your attention. However, she's not at the point in life to be mature enough to get over the fact that you blew her off last year/semester whatever. I went through something similar many years ago my senior year in high school. I don't think your egotistical for saying that many girls like you either. That's how it was for me too. Call me whatever. Some times the truth is the truth. But it does come off kind of egotistical when you/I say it. "I" understand that you are just trying to describe the situation as to what exactly it is..The bottom line is that you most likely blew it. She's just not ready to forgive and forget. Possibly a bit too immature to let go. You can't exactly explain why you did what you did without sounding messed up. If you get my drift. So it's sort of turned into a lose-lose situation.

Something tells me this girl is really good looking. Sometimes the best looking people have the biggest ego's. They are also the most least forgiving. I have to admit, I was like this myself.

I would just chalk it up to the fact that you just blew it. Try to learn from your mistakes next time. Next time a girl approaches you, is constantly starring at you,or trying to get your attention, whatever...don't wait too long to make your move. And if they come seeking to hit on you-don't blow them off! Women can be a bit fickle (I'm not sure that's the right word). What I mean is when they like you, you better move quickly. If you wait too long, you lose out..Take this as a lesson and move on. You don't realize it, but you have apparently already done too much damage for "her" to handle. She can't seem to get past the fact that you blew her off so many times, so there's really nothing more you can do.

Even when you ignore her, she will continue to look your way, stare, etc. That's because she is attracted to you. That doesn't go away. But it doesn't mean that she is willing to be with you..

I hope this helps..I seriously have been there. I know exactly how you feel. It's a very confusing place to be. But don't reject your intuition and drive yourself crazy. Understand that yes-she's attracted to you. And yes-you blew it! Time to move on.

I truly hope this helps.
Best advice I've got, thanks man! (high five? lol)

First, this girl isn't that pretty. It's what she does that makes her pretty for me. It's not even the flirting thing, but other things she does. It's weird, difficult to explain. These other women who flirt with me are hot and prettier than her, but I guess I am not attracted. Even after what she did to me this semester, I still like this girl and will probably never hate her.

To be completely honest, I feel bad for ignoring her last semester.This is why I was trying with her, as you put it. If I hadn't ignored her, she would just be another girl this semester for me. I may sound like a school girl but that's how i feel lol.

Feels bad man, feels bad....but, your rationalization of my situation makes me feel content with my actions this semester. At least after approaching her and giving her all the attention she needed to realize that I was sorry for ignoring her I know I did all I could. It's totally up to her to realize this as I can't make it more clear. I can't just say it to her since my actions hold more meaning than if I were to just say it.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:23 AM

1,777 posts, read 2,370,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochi View Post
Yeah am not going to ask her again - not because of my arrogance/self-respect but because I respect her decision. I know she likes me, but shes being immature // or influenced by her friends or just doesn't want to come clean with it.

The hair playing is real - it's been done to me so many times (by alot of other girls) that I can tell if its just normal or attention grabbing.

I appreciate the sincere advice; even if she sets me up, I'd be hurt a bit, but I'll accept it. I don't think I can ever hate this chick...damn.

I am worrying about this girl because I ignored her last semester and I feel bad for doing that to her. I don't care about that now, but this is what drives me towards her I guess.
Why do you feel bad for ignoring her? Did she actually approach you and tried to speak and you looked away and pretended she did not exist, or something like that? You make it seem like you wronged her somehow and now you owe her something.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:29 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,385,245 times
If the OP is being truthful saying other hotter/ better girls are hitting on him then why waste ur time with a girl that is being immature? Something tells me either the OP doesnt actually have these girls after him or he's also immature. Its college, stop wasting ur time on a girl that isnt gonna go anywhere with u

Old 04-13-2012, 08:43 AM

6,420 posts, read 9,737,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
If the OP is being truthful saying other hotter/ better girls are hitting on him then why waste ur time with a girl that is being immature? Something tells me either the OP doesnt actually have these girls after him or he's also immature. Its college, stop wasting ur time on a girl that isnt gonna go anywhere with u

Just because someone is "hotter" doesnt necessarily mean they are better, or more attractive to someone. Many times the sexiest woman in a room is not the hottest looking to me, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Who are we to judge who the OP should be attracted to?

Old 04-13-2012, 04:19 PM

I am not attracted to the other girls - simple as that. (i think) Like, I could be talking to Rachel McAdams and I still wouldn't be attracted to her, even though shes a hot blonde.

Funny thing happened to me in the library today:

I was studying at my local library, and a group of 4 girls sat on the table in front of me. All sorts of people come to this library, diff age groups etc.

One of them looked a bit like her, i.e. glasses, body, hair etc (I wasn't checking them out, just comparing I guess). These girls attend high school (since their is a high school nearby and they came in a group). The way they were talking, what they were talking about (they were a bit loud in the library lol) reminded me of the same girl, since she too talked about similar things in the same way (infact, they talked about the SAME movie, and the SAME event..wow). At this point I realized, what this girl was doing. She wasn't playing me or leading me on. She was genuinely happy since I was probably the first guy who I guess gave her attention, and not to brag, I am pretty good looking, so I guess this made her feel more confident in herself. I mean, you people have no idea how much of an effort she was making. In fact, she was doing so many things that I was basically shocked and couldn't even think lol.

I really think this girl still has the high-school mentality, or being immature. I've ignored a lot of girls in high school as well, and even in college, I do it. Why? Because I guess immature girls are not my cup of tea. I guess THIS is why I ignored her in the first place - because maybe I felt she was immature. If she wanted to say something, she should have said it, not stood there and smile at me for like 10 seconds, or sit beside me and constantly glance at me. Say something!

This semester though, I was actually a bit stunned by how pretty she was (i was attracted to her) and thus kept on subconsciously avoiding all these immature things she was doing. I observed her during class a bit and she was mature about school, so I thought, well maybe I should try to get to know her a bit before jumping to conclusions. Problem is, as soon as I gave her attention, and tried to talk to her, she started to do these immature things lol. It was very cute, but immature and I should have picked up on it, but again, I was blown away by how pretty she was // I don't know why I am STILL attracted to her. It's like a trap, the more she does it, the more I get into it.

When she said I was creeping her out, I got a bit scared. When she said no to lunch, I thought, damn, I was being led on. I finally realize that she has NO IDEA what to say or do when I approach her. She's still in high school and thinks boys are weird, stupid and smelly! She still thinks guys are "hot or not" Other things also allowed me to come to this conclusion: her following me and "Accidentally" bumping into me // getting her friends to follow me and watch me etc INSTEAD of doing it herself, like a mature person would. I didn't understand why she would do this to talk to me, but I realize this now that I saw these group of girls at the library. I didn't get the people beside me in class to look at her, nor did I "accidentally" bump into her. I waited for her to talk to her, there were no "Accidents" - I looked at her myself, instead of getting my friends to look at her. The hysterical thing about all of this is that shes got NO IDEA that I know what she was doing...lol, I guess this is why I am so into her - shes quite gullible.

The only thing I don't understand is WHY DOES SHE STILL DO THE SAME THINGS TO GET MY ATTENTION IN CLASS? I mean, she should realize by now that I do like her // am really attracted to her, despite her immaturity. I know shes still attracted to me - its obvious lol. I mean even an IMMATURE person (not that its bad being immature!), should be able to think logically...how stupid does she think I am? LOL.

I guess I am posting this for validation. Do you people think I am right here, or am I just forming my own conclusion without any basis?

Old 04-13-2012, 04:22 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,415,921 times
Maybe you should have asked that other girl out.

To answer your question, why don't you ask her out and find out for yourself. Or tell one of her friends to do it, if she really is the way you say.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:25 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,973,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochi View Post
I am not attracted to the other girls - simple as that. (i think) Like, I could be talking to Rachel McAdams and I still wouldn't be attracted to her, even though shes a hot blonde.

Funny thing happened to me in the library today:

I was studying at my local library, and a group of 4 girls sat on the table in front of me. All sorts of people come to this library, diff age groups etc.

One of them looked a bit like her, i.e. glasses, body, hair etc (I wasn't checking them out, just comparing I guess). These girls attend high school (since their is a high school nearby and they came in a group). The way they were talking, what they were talking about (they were a bit loud in the library lol) reminded me of the same girl, since she too talked about similar things in the same way (infact, they talked about the SAME movie, and the SAME event..wow). At this point I realized, what this girl was doing. She wasn't playing me or leading me on. She was genuinely happy since I was probably the first guy who I guess gave her attention, and not to brag, I am pretty good looking, so I guess this made her feel more confident in herself. I mean, you people have no idea how much of an effort she was making. In fact, she was doing so many things that I was basically shocked and couldn't even think lol.

I really think this girl still has the high-school mentality, or being immature. I've ignored a lot of girls in high school as well, and even in college, I do it. Why? Because I guess immature girls are not my cup of tea. I guess THIS is why I ignored her in the first place - because maybe I felt she was immature. If she wanted to say something, she should have said it, not stood there and smile at me for like 10 seconds, or sit beside me and constantly glance at me. Say something!

This semester though, I was actually a bit stunned by how pretty she was (i was attracted to her) and thus kept on subconsciously avoiding all these immature things she was doing. I observed her during class a bit and she was mature about school, so I thought, well maybe I should try to get to know her a bit before jumping to conclusions. Problem is, as soon as I gave her attention, and tried to talk to her, she started to do these immature things lol. It was very cute, but immature and I should have picked up on it, but again, I was blown away by how pretty she was // I don't know why I am STILL attracted to her. It's like a trap, the more she does it, the more I get into it.

When she said I was creeping her out, I got a bit scared. When she said no to lunch, I thought, damn, I was being led on. I finally realize that she has NO IDEA what to say or do when I approach her. She's still in high school and thinks boys are weird, stupid and smelly! She still thinks guys are "hot or not" Other things also allowed me to come to this conclusion: her following me and "Accidentally" bumping into me // getting her friends to follow me and watch me etc INSTEAD of doing it herself, like a mature person would. I didn't understand why she would do this to talk to me, but I realize this now that I saw these group of girls at the library. I didn't get the people beside me in class to look at her, nor did I "accidentally" bump into her. I waited for her to talk to her, there were no "Accidents" - I looked at her myself, instead of getting my friends to look at her. The hysterical thing about all of this is that shes got NO IDEA that I know what she was doing...lol, I guess this is why I am so into her - shes quite gullible.

The only thing I don't understand is WHY DOES SHE STILL DO THE SAME THINGS TO GET MY ATTENTION IN CLASS? I mean, she should realize by now that I do like her // am really attracted to her, despite her immaturity. I know shes still attracted to me - its obvious lol. I mean even an IMMATURE person (not that its bad being immature!), should be able to think logically...how stupid does she think I am? LOL.

I guess I am posting this for validation. Do you people think I am right here, or am I just forming my own conclusion without any basis?
Man. You overthink things. Ask her out again. If she says no, then to hell with her and don't devote another second's thought to it.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:25 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,373,854 times
Maybe you should kiss her and see how she reacts. This might get you into trouble, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships