Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times

Advertisements

Relationships resume also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 08:19 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Sometimes it takes six months to get in to see a doctor.

SIX months?
If it takes more than a week to see your Doctor, you need to find a new Doctor.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
In Nj,you can go with your partner to take a free instant Hiv test. That's what me and my husband did.
Its better to go with the person and get tested together Imo.
People can make up or falsify medical records.

Sometimes criminal records are free too. In Nj I can go to the Doc and look up a particular guys name to see if they were convicted of a crime.
Or try mugshots.com.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
In this day and age, things are just too dangerous. For us men, we don't need to be as concerned about criminal background checks, at least not as much as women but the women certainly should be.

WE all need to be concerned about STD's/HIV.

This of course applies to those that are dating or seeking someone to settle down with.

How many of you have the confidence to ask for the above? I do and I have. Especially the CURRENT(within 30 days) medical records.
I don't have the confidence, but funny thing is that a guy I had been talking to not too long ago had an STD... boy was that a close one She's hot, but not THAT hot hahahah

Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Or try mugshots.com.

Doesn't work, my pic wasn't on there

Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,836,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
In this day and age, things are just too dangerous. For us men, we don't need to be as concerned about criminal background checks, at least not as much as women but the women certainly should be.
I worry about the results of MY background check. Women love guys who have been to prison and I have a clean record.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:06 PM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Good one Sierra as usual! I doubt that anyone will read it though as it makes too much sense.

I used to be pre-occupied with getting tested when I was actively engaging in what I thought was a lot of sex. I had a particularly long lasting cold after I returned from a trip where I had a week long fling with a woman who worked with my company. I immediately thought I had contracted something and ran to my doc who specializes in SDD testing to get the full battery of tests done.

Before testing he went over the standard questionaire form: "Mainly who did you sleep with and were they part of a high risk group?" I said "Doc, I'm really worried", and asked him what chance is there that the test would come back positive. He said "Jaun, if you were honest on the questionaire and you used condoms" the risk of you contracting the worst of STD's (HIV, Syphilis and Ghonorea) are almost non-existant and the others being very low. I had the full battery done and found out I just had a long lasting cold.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Good one Sierra as usual! I doubt that anyone will read it though as it makes too much sense.
Of course not! Nobody ever commented on it the first time around. How can they?! You can't fight Math.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,264,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I never thought about it since most of the men I've dated after high school were military men. But since I'm in the civilian life, I don't think it's a bad idea. I wait awhile before being intimate with anyone so I feel like after that time I will feel comfortable asking.
Wait, are you saying you don't have to worry about STD's since you only dated military men? I hate to say it, but that's even more of a reason. . .

In any case, I wouldn't require a *test* before having sex but would certainly ask to see if they had anything. Regardless, one should use protection to reduce the chances of catching something.

When it boils right down to it OP, you'll have to trust the person you love. You can demand test results and take precautions but you will always be vulnerable in some way.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:08 PM

76 posts, read 76,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
As far as background checks, I'd only do that if I were looking for marriage. Since I'm not, I couldn't care less about someones criminal record.
WTF is wrong with you people?

If you get to the point of getting married, you should know that person very well and any (potential) criminal records shouldn't matter anyway, because you (are supposed to) love that person.
Besides, normally, there's no difference between a relationship with someone you love and marriage, except for a piece of paper.

You sound as if you'd suddenly get married with a complete stranger for... "business reasons."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships