Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 09:31 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,611,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
What do you mean, exactly? How do you think there is actual truth in the concept? Just checking for clarity~
Well I'm not real clear on who "female sexual empowerment" is supposed to benefit, so I can't really call it a "lie."

I can see it empowers some people, is what I'm saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 09:54 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,356,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Well I'm not real clear on who "female sexual empowerment" is supposed to benefit, so I can't really call it a "lie."

I can see it empowers some people, is what I'm saying.
Gotcha.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:32 PM

270 posts, read 387,074 times
I really appreciate everyone's input. It still stings very much nonetheless Going to focus on work and home and leave the rest alone.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
What a jerk. Seems like he is the one with issues. You are too good for him. You should be the one who "will pass" on him.

I appreciate it but I feel horribly and its shaken my self esteem more so than it already has. It's not the first time this has happened to me. I'm a good person, hard worker and good mother and yet I haven't met one man who feels I'm worthy to make any sort of commitment to. I'm not a club chick ..I don't hang out and I know I don't give off that vibe. It's very disheartening.

Last edited by jazzyj19; 04-13-2012 at 10:50 PM..

Old 04-14-2012, 03:28 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,848,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
I appreciate it but I feel horribly and its shaken my self esteem more so than it already has. It's not the first time this has happened to me. I'm a good person, hard worker and good mother and yet I haven't met one man who feels I'm worthy to make any sort of commitment to. I'm not a club chick ..I don't hang out and I know I don't give off that vibe. It's very disheartening.
Please don't take this personally. It's a shame he didn't just say FWB from the start but I have, in the past, been asked for a FWB relationship-most likely because I was a divorced mom. It is no reflection on you as a person. Some men just don't want to be serious with a woman with children. They might think she is starved for sex and will take anything thrown her way. You may never meet Mr. Right, and that sounds sad, but in the long run it is better to be alone than to be used.

And watch out for men that are overly friendly to your kids because there are predators out there that will take advantage of your loneliness to get access to your children.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:44 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,256,894 times
Quote:
I recently had someone that I knew for sometime ask to be friends with benefits. I've never been in that kind of situation and I was kind of surprised because I saw this guy as something more. When he realized that I had feelings for him he said "It's best if we go our separate ways". I asked why and he said "Stick around for what so you can catch more feelings than what you already have..I'll pass". I felt so cheap and ugly and hurt. I read a post from friend on FB stating "Friends with benefits = in reality is telling you to your face that you're good enough to f... ...but not good enough to invest feelings in." Is this true?? Apparently I'm not even good enough to be friends with either.

This is the second post I have read about FWB. It sounds to me like this "friend" wants to insure that he will always be able to have sex no matter who it is with and that he is willing to jeopardize your friendship to have it with you. I agree with your friend's post on Facebook about why guys will approach a friend to ask if they will be an FWB..insurance policy for sexual intimacy..ABSOLUTELY!! Who needs a friend like this???

Old 04-14-2012, 05:54 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,033,232 times
You need therapy. What you wrote about him gives the impression of a guy who is sort of ghetto and tacky. I keep it kosher down there (how romantic) and the multiple baby mama drama thing...ick. Don't be mad at him for being honest about who he is...look at yourself. Why are you willing to stoop so low. You're devastated because a loser with baby mamas wants to make use of your lady parts when he feels like it but only until he finds someone he really does care about. Two years of your life wasted on that? Smack yourself for being thirsty and don't let this happen again.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Please don't take this personally. It's a shame he didn't just say FWB from the start but I have, in the past, been asked for a FWB relationship-most likely because I was a divorced mom. It is no reflection on you as a person. Some men just don't want to be serious with a woman with children. They might think she is starved for sex and will take anything thrown her way. You may never meet Mr. Right, and that sounds sad, but in the long run it is better to be alone than to be used.

And watch out for men that are overly friendly to your kids because there are predators out there that will take advantage of your loneliness to get access to your children.
He has children. He has 3 with 2 different women. I only have one son and he is already 21 yrs of age as I had him very young. He has small children. If anything I should have been the one who was leery because I am not on the same page as far as being a parent is concerned.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
You need therapy. What you wrote about him gives the impression of a guy who is sort of ghetto and tacky. I keep it kosher down there (how romantic) and the multiple baby mama drama thing...ick. Don't be mad at him for being honest about who he is...look at yourself. Why are you willing to stoop so low. You're devastated because a loser with baby mamas wants to make use of your lady parts when he feels like it but only until he finds someone he really does care about. Two years of your life wasted on that? Smack yourself for being thirsty and don't let this happen again.

I'm not mad at him just really disappointed and hurt. Yes I guess I need to look inward and find the answer. And No..it's never happening again. Lesson Learned.

Last edited by jazzyj19; 04-14-2012 at 07:54 AM..

Old 04-14-2012, 08:11 AM

11,328 posts, read 9,216,579 times
Quote:
Meeting someone is very tough. That said this guy wasn't for you and did you a favor. As others already pointed out he is a jerk and an immature one at that.

You sound genuinely hurt over this and for your own sake you need to get over it. I guess me being alone for the last 5 years and not caring anymore has to do with my mental toughness. Learn to put yourself first and be your own best friend. That is what has worked for me. Don't give in and hold out for what you want. If you can't get it then so be it but do hold your head up!

There are a lot of lonely people out there and some of them are even in relationships. You are not the only one.

Best wishes to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships