Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 11:10 PM

1,261 posts, read 971,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Why are men attracted to women who look like hookers?
Well duh, it's because of their high morals and self respect...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 11:16 PM

511 posts, read 402,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Why are men attracted to women who look like hookers?
Eww... I've driven down Van Buren enough times. Nope.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:59 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Except for the vast majority of women who are turned off by them.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for resurrecting a 4-year-old thread that deserved to die, though.
Ya gotta love the noobies who sign up and bump these ancient threads and useless threads.

And it seems that a vast majority of them actually sign up just to bump these threads. As much as most people probably don't care, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit interested to know if they found these threads to bump before they actually made an account or after making their account?

Just semi-interested.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Ya gotta love the noobies who sign up and bump these ancient threads and useless threads.

And it seems that a vast majority of them actually sign up just to bump these threads. As much as most people probably don't care, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit interested to know if they found these threads to bump before they actually made an account or after making their account?

Just semi-interested.
It's an ad-supported site. Me thinks it might be driven by the site itself. I worked in web for a while and nine-times-out-of-ten, that's the case. Gotta keep the interest up. Contentious topics work best.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:49 AM

914 posts, read 737,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post

Just semi-interested.
As a relatively new member on these forums, I'm a little confused by people complaining about old threads being updated. I sometimes read old threads and there is always a little note at the bottom of each page, actively encouraging people to post new updates:

So which one is it?

To answer the OP, I don't think most women like criminals. I don't like criminals, none of my female friends do. But just as there are men who lack "morality", there are women who do also. This thread kind of reminds me of an article I read a while ago. Why do men like women who are racist, gold diggers? etc. etc:

Worst online dating profile ever: Fake internet dating profile is super depressing | Metro News

People like what people like.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:13 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
As a relatively new member on these forums, I'm a little confused by people complaining about old threads being updated. I sometimes read old threads and there is always a little note at the bottom of each page, actively encouraging people to post new updates:

So which one is it?

To answer the OP, I don't think most women like criminals. I don't like criminals, none of my female friends do. But just as there are men who lack "morality", there are women who do also. This thread kind of reminds me of an article I read a while ago. Why do men like women who are racist, gold diggers? etc. etc:

Worst online dating profile ever: Fake internet dating profile is super depressing | Metro News

People like what people like.
I've said before, I think the ''Please update this thread with any new information... etc'' is aimed more towards threads in the regional forums. And it's used on every single forum of this site. I would say it's more towards bumping on particular neighborhoods in the regional forums or a question in a thread about something locally on the regional forums of the site.

That said, I don't have a problem with certain threads even on this part of the forum being bumped. It just seems that some of the threads that are bumped are of this particular variety.

Or one's that may have been useful at one point but are bumped by posters, who reply back to posts that are multiple years old, addressing the poster's as if they're actually gonna read it.

Meanwhile, many of those posters have disappeared and have not since returned.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:52 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
Eww... I've driven down Van Buren enough times. Nope.
48th street and Broadway is where its happening; they're on bicycles, too. Lol

Old 10-28-2016, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
48th street and Broadway is where its happening; they're on bicycles, too. Lol
I went to college JUST down the street from there... I was kinda ghetto but I don't remember any hookers.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:35 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Lol, how do you look like a gangster!? I thought it was wearing Italian suits and having a 'droopy' moustache :-). I don't think its something mature women are particularly interested in (not any with any kind of intelligence anyway)

Old 10-28-2016, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
This isn't proof anyone likes criminals. Only that people will mass mail anything without reading it. If you look at the numbers in Dataclysm (including the rather high return rate to the behest of you Ctrl-V naysayers), copy-pasta and boilerplate mails are a rather normative practice. There's a beautiful scatterplot in there for you all. Data is fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships