Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:10 AM

391 posts, read 688,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rift View Post
Just wondering what anyone thinks about hooking up and/or sex with a female coworker of mine.
Don't go there.

If this goes bad you could potentially end up with issues at work to
the point of looking for a new position.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:32 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
I think marriage means different things to different people. Some people are married, but obviously don't view cheating as a betrayal of their vows. Also, many marriages have problems, that force one or both to seek partners outside of the marriage. Such is the nature of marriage.

Having said this, I think every woman is good at letting a man know what she's willing or not willing to do. This older woman is married and attractive. She has told you that her husband is away a lot, obviously to let you know that something is lacking for her in the marriage. If she wasn't interested in pursuing something with you, she never would've shared this bit of personal information. Also, she sits close enough to you for YOU to feel it. She wouldn't do this to someone she absolutely wasn't interested in. I say that she's interested in pursuing something with you.

You're young and single, so how do you go about it? I think you pick a moment and just tell her that you think she's very attractive, and that if you had a chance, you would love to spend some private time with her. She'll take it from there.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rift View Post
Just wondering what anyone thinks about hooking up and/or sex with a female coworker of mine. Thing is she is 20 years or so older than me. I find her attractive. A MILF in my opinion. She is married though. She sits very close to me at work. I seem to get subtle hints here and there that it could be a possibility to have this situation happen, but I could be reading too much into it. She tells me that her husband is always away on business...always smiling at me and seems to want to talk a good bit.

My biggest concern is that I would see her everyday if something were to happen in regards to anything sexual happening with her. Then if I were to approach her in some way to show my interest it could backfire and may make the situation awkward or she may feel like she has been harassed.

I guess I'm just wondering if I should take a chance in showing interest in some way. Just not sure how to go about it to really test the waters or to see if she would be interested in a one night stand type of thing.

Any thoughts about how I could approach her without messing up my work situation? Should I just forget it and not fantasize about it anymore?

Thanks in advance for all posts.
First thing I'm gonna say is: don't poop where you eat. Like you said, she's a coworker: you share a workplace. If anything goes wrong, the drama could totally ruin your job.

First and foremost, there's flirtation, but nothing's happened. I've had older female coworkers who have flirted with me, who have said stuff like, "if I was twenty years younger, you'd be taking me out to dinner!" and whatnot. Generally speaking, it was harmless flirtation, and in the situations in which I felt I could have actually done something, I knew that it could turn into something much more awkward after the fact.

Everyone in the office would know...
People would talk...
A lot of people would go, "why?" because of the age gap, and adding it all together, they'd start viewing me as a sleazeball...
A lot of respect would be lost...
Totally not worth it.

Flirtation and hints are one thing, and a lot of people don't necessarily expect you to do anything more than reciprocate. Even if she thought that she was interested, if you do try to take it a step further, there's always a chance that she could be flattered at first, then think more about it, feel remorseful, and go straight to HR. You do not want to be hit with a sexual harassment accusation - I've never had it happen to me, but have seen it happen to coworkers, deserved or not, and it can totally destroy your livelihood and damage your personal life, as well.

Beyond that, she's married. I'm a firm believer that if you don't know these things, it's not your fault; if you do, then bets are off when the husband finds out since you were a willing and complacent participant in infidelity. If the dude shows up at your workplace with a baseball bat, you can't really cry foul - you knew what you were getting into.

So, at the end of the day, this whole situation has "big freakin' mess" written all over it, and the only advice I can offer, being a man who has been around the block a few times, is that you should not do anything with this woman.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:00 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
OP has come up with the trifecta for disaster:

* much older
* married
* work colleague
Yeah, that's as good as it gets in the workplace! Can't possibly top it!

Old 04-13-2012, 10:59 AM

391 posts, read 688,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, that's as good as it gets in the workplace! Can't possibly top it!
It could be topped by adding... "she is the boss"... to the list.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:10 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephV55 View Post
It could be topped by adding... "she is the boss"... to the list.
True. And he can be married, too. It adds another twist to the soap.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:12 AM

106 posts, read 171,839 times
Tell her you'd like some advice. And then ask her "What should I do if I'm not sure whether or not this woman I know wants to hook up ?"

Old 04-13-2012, 11:21 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Just enjoy the flirtation but don't take it any further. Too risky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I think marriage means different things to different people. Some people are married, but obviously don't view cheating as a betrayal of their vows. Also, many marriages have problems, that force one or both to seek partners outside of the marriage. Such is the nature of marriage.

Exactly.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:22 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Im going to give it to you short and not so sweet.

Stop thinking with your dong you homewrecker wanna be.

Saying her husband is away is just a conversation.
Telling a female at work you think they are hot undermines their value as a co-worker and is flat out sexual harassment.
You want that "experience"?

Or maybe her husband can come to your house and give you a whole different level of a wetwork experience.

YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL! - YouTube

Old 04-13-2012, 11:32 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,715,978 times
Never fish in the company pond. Ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships