Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 10:44 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
WHat a terrible argument, I hate these so please knock it off. If I say "Women like receiving compliments" someone has to make a point of replying "you havent met all women on earth, so your point is baseless..." No duh.... Please use logic. Canseco was a professional athlete for most of his life, and rubbed shoulders daily with the guys this thread talks about. I will take his account and opinion on the subject as true, since he knows 1000 times better than you will ever know. The fact that he hasnt personaly witnessed every pro athlete cheat, is a stupid argument.
I have no issue with the premise: lots of pro athletes cheat.

I have an issue with asking why and getting the answer: because a low life sleazeball says so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 11:22 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,123,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't think that at all. I think any guy who is presented the opportunity is more likely to cheat than a woman given the same opportunity.
I think men put a lot of lip service into commitment and fidelity and honor, but it's usually b.s. spewed by people who don't really have a choice.
It's all about the opportunity, and men with money and power(i.e. atheletes, politicians, ceo's, musicians, actors) have plenty of opportunities to cheat, and a lot of them do. I said this in another thread, and the women were getting angry, they don't like to think that their man is capable of cheating. "my man would never cheat on me". Well yeah, he doesn't have the same opportunities as a say a tiger woods, most women ignore the average joe blow.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:33 AM

14,727 posts, read 33,307,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
It's all about the opportunity, and men with money and power(i.e. atheletes, politicians, ceo's, musicians, actors) have plenty of opportunities to cheat, and a lot of them do.

Well yeah, he doesn't have the same opportunities as a say a tiger woods, most women ignore the average joe blow.
Good points:

(1) the women who enable these guys to cheat have a "notch on their lipstick case" mentality, knowing they won't get full access to these guys, unless they're "fatal attraction" whackos.

(2) There's now way Tiger Woods could cheat if he wasn't Tiger Woods.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:34 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,606,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
It's all about the opportunity, and men with money and power(i.e. atheletes, politicians, ceo's, musicians, actors) have plenty of opportunities to cheat, and a lot of them do. I said this in another thread, and the women were getting angry, they don't like to think that their man is capable of cheating. "my man would never cheat on me". Well yeah, he doesn't have the same opportunities as a say a tiger woods, most women ignore the average joe blow.
Not all men will cheat if given the opportunity. My ex husband had lots of opportunities and was never interested. This wasn't because I was so great or anything nor because the other women sucked, it was because he just wasn't that type of person.

That said, I do think the traveling for work a lot that athletes, musicians, and military plays a big part in it, although I have heard that even in those circles, the cheaters will end up hanging with other cheaters and noncheaters end up hanging with noncheaters. Birds of a feather flock together.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:41 AM

14,727 posts, read 33,307,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Not all men will cheat if given the opportunity. My ex husband had lots of opportunities and was never interested. This wasn't because I was so great or anything nor because the other women sucked, it was because he just wasn't that type of person.
Then, you should have kept him.

Oh yeah, 14bricks, the other thing is that some of these athlete's wives "turn the other cheek," for at least a while, because, aside from that, "life is good." Once these guys stop playing and lose their looks (that is, if they had any to begin with), they realize they can't cheat as much.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 04-15-2012 at 12:00 PM..

Old 04-15-2012, 12:06 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,162,880 times
Quote:
Jose Canseco (the liar) knows the majority of professional athletes personally and spent time in his book talking about how they cheat?
and lol@ the liar
when his book first game out people read it and said what a lying scumbag "(instert player he named) could have never done steroids"
and then it turned out all of those guys did steroids

and yea id say canseco who spent 20 or so years in professional baseball has a pretty good idea of how most athletes are even if he hasnt met every single one of them

Old 04-15-2012, 05:58 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,784,942 times
Quote:
Common sense?

You mean that if a man has ample opportunity, he will never be faithful?
Someone with a lifetime of ample opportunity, special privileges and a supportive environment will probably cheat. They've probably been cheating since high school (or middle school).

Old 04-15-2012, 06:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,713,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
hilarious
almost every single athlete out there cheats on their wives constantly
this....taking marriage advice from pro athletes/coaches = fail.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:44 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,045,943 times
People don't understand what an enormous investment a team makes in a player, especially a franchise player. So if you sign Joe Smith out of USC for $15,000,000, and he turns out to be a cokehead and partying every night until 2 a.m., it's going to definitely affect his performance on Sundays. And you've just thrown a lot of money away for nothing.

Hey, being married won't totally prevent that from happening, but it sure as heck lowers the odds.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,162,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
People don't understand what an enormous investment a team makes in a player, especially a franchise player. So if you sign Joe Smith out of USC for $15,000,000, and he turns out to be a cokehead and partying every night until 2 a.m., it's going to definitely affect his performance on Sundays. And you've just thrown a lot of money away for nothing.

Hey, being married won't totally prevent that from happening, but it sure as heck lowers the odds.
You're right about the first part
The Redsox actually had a PI follow around Carl Crawford for months before they gave him a huge contract
Too bad for them he is extremely overrated and sucked last year but he is a nice guy
More teams should do stuff like this and Im amazed that they dont

However the guys that are going to go out all night and get coked up are going to do with weather or not theyre married
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships