U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:39 PM

4,298 posts, read 3,457,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Oh...that wasn't a typo...

[]

ONS is someone you meet the same day/night. FB happens after a few days and continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LMAO! Tell that to some unsuspecting woman or one that doesn't care. LIke I said, majority of women do not want to be considered some guy's 'fu*k buddy' -- but are okay with being called a 'FWB.' Why? Because the term is less harsh & might actually mean he equates you with some sort of worth outside the bedroom. But alas, FB, ONS, FWB -- are all the same. "Free" sex until he can find something better then you.
I know they don't but there are women who are on the rebound that will take a Fb/Fwb.

She is getting free sex also.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:43 PM

8,739 posts, read 5,018,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
I know they don't but there are women who are on the rebound that will take a Fb/Fwb.

She is getting free sex also.

That's why I said find those women, ones that don't care what you think about them outside of the bed.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
That's why I said find those women, ones that don't care what you think about them outside of the bed.
There are these kind of women out there though.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
There are these kind of women out there though.

There's a guy in another thread talking about his wife is a swinger, talk to him. ....there are women out there who do not care about these 'trivialities,' so it's not true they aren't out there. Obviously the people who are more open to various kinds of sexual arrangements are the ones with the most success in the dating world, those are the women that get pursued.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:53 PM

328 posts, read 296,178 times
If you're good looking, and you meet someone who is also good looking, and you both find each other attractive.....

Profit.

If you're ugly and looking for casual sex and a friends with benefits, you're gonna be stuck with manual stimulation for a while.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 PM

19,126 posts, read 15,232,411 times
I've only been in one 'FWB' situation fairly long term, and it was very one sided. We agree we were in a relationship, referred to each other as boyfriend/girlfriend etc. and it turns out he was just saying those things to get regular sex. The minute he found a girl he wanted to 'seriously' date, he told me he thought it was just a FWB situation.

So, even with commitment it can still be a FWB situation. Now, if I were to ever get into another relationship (which I'm honestly not planning on in the near or far future) I will make sure my version of relationship is the same as his.

So, I think the can start in an number of ways. My friend and her now husband started out as a very strict FWB situation, they even had a notebook with 'rules' in it because she didn't want a commitment. 8 years later, they're very happily married. It started because she didn't want to date a coworker, but figured sex was ok.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
There's a guy in another thread talking about his wife is a swinger, talk to him. ....there are women out there who do not care about these 'trivialities,' so it's not true they aren't out there. Obviously the people who are more open to various kinds of sexual arrangements are the ones with the most success in the dating world, those are the women that get pursued.
There are forums and sites for the swinger lifestyle. I know women who have slept with over 250 men in her 20s.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
There are forums and sites for the swinger lifestyle. I know women who have slept with over 250 men in her 20s.

And that's wonderful for those women, I suppose.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:19 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,038,308 times
Quote:
From online dating sites. It is pretty easy actually. I have been in a few FB relationships for years. You can setup threesomes, orgies and swapping partners.
Is this true or just something you heard or made up? I was never approached with anything like this. Well, there were some married men, but I never answered their messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships