U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 PM

4,445 posts, read 3,789,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
I think thats another problem too. We always worry that if you do approach them you will fall into one of two categories, the "insecure" type, or the "egomaniac" type. I think that you are making preconceived notions about these guys who approach you. How do women expect us to approach them when we are doomed if we do, and doomed if we don't...?
how are they preconceived notions when I find that out after they approach me? "pre" means before..and I don't know anything about anyone until I start talking to them and getting to know them a bit. Either way, the same goes for a guy..but he'll never know if I'm insecure or an egomaniac if he's "too intimidated". All anyone has to do once they figure out that person falls into one of those categories, is move on.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 12:18 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,225,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
3-4 in the looks? He's either playing modest or he's insecure. Either way I'd say he's attractive but then again I'm a man.
He probably believes it... He's only 22 and many guys have boyish looks at this age. That's certainly something that will be appreciated later, but not now...

Quote:
What I don't care for is to approach a woman who constantly gets approached by a lot of men. I feel like I'm feeding her ego by being one of the many. I don't want to be one of the many of anything! On the other hand I'm mostly attracted to interesting quirky woman who get approached, but not at the rate of the "Classic" beautiful women!
My mail box is always on the brink of overflowing, but I always clean it up just a little bit in order to deceive the senders!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:18 PM

1,861 posts, read 1,263,010 times
In all honesty, I'm more intimidated by pretty men. That's why I'm quick to label them gay.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
In all honesty, I'm more intimidated by pretty men. That's why I'm quick to label them gay.
Thanks for the refreshing honesty and for proving me right!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:22 PM

1,321 posts, read 910,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
It's a line unattached women hear from their friends often when they wonder why they seem to be perpetually single. "Men are just intimidated because you're so beautiful/smart/successful/etc."

Is it true that men are afraid to approach a woman they find extremely attractive, or is it just a line used to make these women feel better?
For us ugly guys, it most definitely is true.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 PM

4,900 posts, read 2,522,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I will never ask a man out but if I'm interested, I will show it, one way or another, trust me. the kind of man I'm looking for, if I have to ask him out, he will never step up and man up to anything
I guess I can understand you because if a woman wonít woman-up to also be brave, take that step, etc. then it means sheís just not into me and Iíll have to accept the reality and move on to someone who is. Hey, we canít win all the time.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
For us ugly guys, it most definitely is true.
And then they say women fish for compliments...

Old 04-17-2012, 12:29 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,931,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
how are they preconceived notions when I find that out after they approach me? "pre" means before..and I don't know anything about anyone until I start talking to them and getting to know them a bit. Either way, the same goes for a guy..but he'll never know if I'm insecure or an egomaniac if he's "too intimidated". All anyone has to do once they figure out that person falls into one of those categories, is move on.
Well, I guess what is it that he did to make you consider him one of the two? If you only seem to attract the two, then maybe there is something wrong with what you perceive as an egomaniac or insecure guy? Women want a confident man, but when one approaches them, they view him as egotistical. Its just a viscous circle. At least in some cases this is true.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:32 PM

1,321 posts, read 910,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And then they say women fish for compliments...
I guess I forgot to tell you about my accident.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I guess I forgot to tell you about my accident.
The accident 30 some years ago...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships