U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:54 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,746,443 times

Advertisements

called 1-888-maury...because you are NOT the father

Seriously though, if you have serious doubts about paternity get them resolved with DNA testing, if you are in fact the childs father, no matter how much she doesnt want you around, you have rights and more importantly you have responsibilties to your child, do not abandon your child (if its yours)

Old 04-18-2012, 08:54 AM

3,860 posts, read 6,762,126 times
I agree with both of you, but I think it's far more important for him to just let her be just now, just while she calms down and gets her head together.

He may be right, he may be wrong, but things'll be so much easier if she's cooperative, if he harasses her then nobody will get anywhere.

If his concerns about unfaithfulness are warranted, then a paternity test is something which could be considered down the line, although he should be prepared for the fact that asking for this may destroy any remaining civility in their relationship.

Better that than raising someone else's kid, but this situation requires some sensitivity in approach which the OP may not have at the moment !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If so, might need a DNA test some time in the future to make sure the kid is yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And ASAP. Then there will be no question. He has already, apparently, told her he dosent trust her and doubts the baby is his which is a big hit on the relationship. He wasnt tolerant of the pregnancy and hormonal changes. These two things, apparently, pushed her to have reservations about the relationship and need space, yet now he wants to be all involved against her wishes. He either blew it big time or the baby isnt his.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:55 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
If you cheated on her, she's never going to forgive you.

That doesn't mean that you should walk away from your child though. You still have the responsibility of taking care of this human being you helped create, even if you can't be with the mother anymore.
I didnt notice the part about him cheating on her...just that he didnt trust her.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:03 AM

12,308 posts, read 14,591,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I didnt notice the part about him cheating on her...just that he didnt trust her.
I said *IF*...I don't know if he cheated. He didn't say exactly what he did. I don't really get why this girl is reacting in such a manner.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:03 AM

4,153 posts, read 7,144,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Read his other post - She doesn't want to be with him. I think he's nagging her too much. Pushing her. I mean seriously - He sounds young and obsessive...

Just leave her be - If she wants to be with you, She will be.... Support her if needed and support your baby, if it's yours... There's nothing else you can do. You can't force someone to love you, or want to be with you. You just can't...
Agreed,

Grow a pair and man the F up. You both sound young and immature but now you're about to bring a child into this world. So you need to grow up fast! As for your GF, give her some space! Go find a job and start saving money, if you already have a job, go get a second job! In your spare time read a book called: "What to Expect When You're Expecting", & "What to Expect the First Year" by Heidi Murkoff.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:04 AM

17,527 posts, read 18,603,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I agree with both of you, but I think it's far more important for him to just let her be just now, just while she calms down and gets her head together.

He may be right, he may be wrong, but things'll be so much easier if she's cooperative, if he harasses her then nobody will get anywhere.

If his concerns about unfaithfulness are warranted, then a paternity test is something which could be considered down the line, although he should be prepared for the fact that asking for this may destroy any remaining civility in their relationship.

Better that than raising someone else's kid, but this situation requires some sensitivity in approach which the OP may not have at the moment !
I totally agree. He definately needs to back off. Of course she may not want any child support from him. there are woman who never ask or persue assistance from the father especially if they dont want him involved.
Some states now dont allow an unmarried women to put a mans name on the birth certificate without his permission. So he could possibly wait until he is asked for his name or charged with CS to get a DNA test.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:25 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,266,380 times
"Apparently?"

Old 04-18-2012, 09:25 AM

24,639 posts, read 22,570,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Spearphonik View Post
Your girlfriend is really lucky 2 have u man,She should really give u a chance 2 be a father that u wish 2 be cause it seems as u will make a great father
*you should keep on trying 2 prove 2 her how much u willing 2 make things alright between the 2 of u guys

- also try talking to her friends & sisters ,make them understand how u feel about the whole situation,

*Good Luck Man*
Hope she soon realise how much u love her
*some fathers would declare their responsibility but u standing up as a man willing 2 help that's great

*WISH THE WORLD HAD MOST MAN LIKE U
What horrid advice.
Stay out of her life is that's what she wants.
Do not contact her friends and family.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,266,380 times
Young men are SO damn dumb sometimes!! "I dont trust you. But lets f*ck!!"

Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 AM

6,729 posts, read 8,166,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Young men are SO damn dumb sometimes!! "I dont trust you. But lets f*ck!!"
Yes, some are, aren't they..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships