Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:02 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
For me personally, the following things are the things I usually think of in order, when I see a woman that I potentially find to be attractive:

(1) Is she a kind and compassionate person? Is she nice, gentle, soft-spoken, and affectionate ("affectionate" meant as in a PG-rated way, not in an X-rated way )? Does she genuinely care about people?

(2) Does she have a boyfriend? If not...is she interested in a long-term, serious, or exclusive kind of marriage-minded relationship, with someone?

(3) Does she enjoy frequent hugging, holding, and cuddling (*very* important for me; I'm the hugest cuddle-bear lol )

(4) Will she be understanding of and respect that I am pre-maritally celibate, or will that be a deal-breaker for her?

(5) Do we share a lot of the same interests? For example, does she enjoy soft romantic music, love ballads, and love songs? Is she a true romantic and an idealist at heart? Do we enjoy common activities and hobbies?

Lol...as it is, physical intimacy / intercourse alone would actually probably be almost dead-last, on my list
If only you were a woman...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 11:50 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
If only you were a woman...
There are plenty of women out there with these priorities. They're not that hard to find, if you know what to look for.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:02 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,961,723 times
Here's my general observation. When a man and a woman meet the man usually looks at her body and woman looks at his eyes. That tells you what a man is thinking.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:12 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There are plenty of women out there with these priorities. They're not that hard to find, if you know what to look for.
Well, to be fair I only read the first line.

I definitely would not prefer a woman who does not want premarital sex.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:24 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,924,187 times
I think if most women knew how shallow and crass men are, they would swear off - there is a difference between natural biological urges and gross crassness.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:37 PM

308 posts, read 445,964 times
When I first met my wife, this is what was going through my mind:

Beavis And Butthead - Boing! - YouTube

Old 04-20-2012, 12:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Which head??
You're asking as if more than one head participates in the process...

Old 04-20-2012, 12:52 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,961,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
^^ Finally! A guy with his head screwed on right! You, too, SVTRay.
Here's a little known secret. We men will tell women what we think they want to hear especially if the goal is to bed them down. 'I'm not like other guys or that picture is my sister". The classic one is the question. "What are you thinking"?

Once a woman says your a real man or your a guy with his head screwed on right she's ready. Playa play onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Old 04-20-2012, 02:28 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Here's a little known secret. We men will tell women what we think they want to hear especially if the goal is to bed them down. 'I'm not like other guys or that picture is my sister". The classic one is the question. "What are you thinking"?

Once a woman says your a real man or your a guy with his head screwed on right she's ready. Playa play onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Yeah, right. Like 'Ray and Knight were faking it. Have you been following Knight's other posts? They're all consistent. And FYI: smart women can spot a snow job. I guess you don't date smart women.

Though I might agree with others; the celibacy before marriage might not be a good fit.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:36 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
So what should I do then? Bleach my skin?
No. What you DO is find a guy who will like/love you for YOU as you ARE. Or allow such a man to find you. And there are plenty of men who are into dark-skinned women. Not ALL men but many.

Thing is... he may have already found you but your attitude turned him off, not your skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships