Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 AM

674 posts, read 1,161,461 times

Advertisements

One of my previous threads about this:
Still going strong, haven't had the desire to date yet

I was chatting with the one girl at work who seemed to be taking a little interest in me and flirting with me, and she subtley revealed she has a boyfriend (she said it all quiet like in the middle of a sentence like she didn't want to tell me).

This is actually a very very good thing, because it takes away any temptation for me to make any kind of move that would involve me asking her on a date. I've taken a vow to stay away from making initial moves to ask girls out and specifically "date" them. But I also realize bad habits are hard to break, so this recent development is actually very helpful and it's a good thing I waited and did nothing otherwise I may have asked her out only for her to reveal her current relationship....or even worse she may have accepted the date and we all know where that road always leads.

I feel like I got off real easy here. Good thing I held my ground and stuck to the plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 12:00 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
having a boyfriend, pretty much means she isnt available until an upgrade comes around. she may think of you as an upgrade. until you become her boyfriend and another upgrade comes around, that is.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:03 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
Dating plan?!?!

You can financially plan, you can plan a vacation, but planning a route for dating NEVER works. People come in and out of your life constantly, suddenly and unexpectedly.

Don't "plan" your dating life. It will make things boring and monotonous.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:00 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
Maybe you should start a blog to write about your non dating adventures...

Old 04-20-2012, 02:38 PM

674 posts, read 1,161,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Dating plan?!?!

You can financially plan, you can plan a vacation, but planning a route for dating NEVER works. People come in and out of your life constantly, suddenly and unexpectedly.

Don't "plan" your dating life. It will make things boring and monotonous.
I'm not planning, I'm avoiding. If you don't want to go on vacation, you don't plan one. I don't want to date. It's just sometimes my habit of wanting to creeps up on me when I meet a girl I might like. I'm breaking that habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Consider this forum my blog then

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
having a boyfriend, pretty much means she isnt available until an upgrade comes around. she may think of you as an upgrade. until you become her boyfriend and another upgrade comes around, that is.
Great point! My ex girlfriend was one of these people. I guess I would have to look down on this other girl if she decided to drop her guy just out of the "upgrade mentality", and I would just be putting myself at risk of being crushed again if I pursued her. See you guys? This is exactly why I'm making a conscious effor to stay away from dating. It would be different if she were single and she and I hung out casually and just ended up together somehow (yes it does happen that way) but as for courting/pursuing/approaching or asking her out....you can consider that method obsolete.

P.S. On the ex girlfriend. My buddy saw her out with mutual friends last week and spoke to her. I saw a picture on facebook of them out and she's totally put on weight and my friends are nicknaming her "saddle bags" since it all went to her thighs. Also, she's single and not seeing anyone, which must be just KILLING her inside. Before I met this girl she hadn't been single longer than a month in 7 years. She can't stand not having someone to dump her insecurities on.

Just thought I'd share

Old 04-20-2012, 02:50 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
I'm not planning, I'm avoiding. If you don't want to go on vacation, you don't plan one. I don't want to date. It's just sometimes my habit of wanting to creeps up on me when I meet a girl I might like. I'm breaking that habit.

Consider this forum my blog then

Great point! My ex girlfriend was one of these people. I guess I would have to look down on this other girl if she decided to drop her guy just out of the "upgrade mentality", and I would just be putting myself at risk of being crushed again if I pursued her. See you guys? This is exactly why I'm making a conscious effor to stay away from dating. It would be different if she were single and she and I hung out casually and just ended up together somehow (yes it does happen that way) but as for courting/pursuing/approaching or asking her out....you can consider that method obsolete.

P.S. On the ex girlfriend. My buddy saw her out with mutual friends last week and spoke to her. I saw a picture on facebook of them out and she's totally put on weight and my friends are nicknaming her "saddle bags" since it all went to her thighs. Also, she's single and not seeing anyone, which must be just KILLING her inside. Before I met this girl she hadn't been single longer than a month in 7 years. She can't stand not having someone to dump her insecurities on.

Just thought I'd share
Classic boyfriendoholic. See why it ain't a good idea to encourage EVERYONE to get a SO?

Old 04-20-2012, 03:04 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Oh look at that... guys try to date and they get shot down for being 'creepy', 'short', 'ugly', whatever... guys decide not to date because of x, y, or z and they still are given a ration of ****. Terrific!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships