Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:02 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've been smoking like this for around 5 years or so. I can easily go a few weeks without it, no cravings whatsoever. Then I'll pick it up for a night or two, then I'm all done for a while longer.
that's interesting! not many people around like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 04:41 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlroadster View Post
I know people trump themselves up, but come on! Can't these people see that their true character comes out sooner or later???

They lie for same reasons a person will lie about anything and its situational. In this case to enhance their attractiveness for the maximum responses.

Some people really believe they're that good at fooling others or fail to see themselves as they are.

Last edited by virgode; 04-24-2012 at 04:55 AM..

Old 04-24-2012, 05:36 AM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times
One of the many reasons why I am done with online dating.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:51 AM

674 posts, read 1,161,276 times
Men lie on profiles because they're having a hard time landing a response from a semi-attractive and intelligent sounding woman online. So, by fudgins a little bit what they do or their height they feel like they can slightly improve their chances. This may help them depending on what it is they're fudging, but most likely it will come back to hurt them if/when they actually meet and get to know each other.

Women fudge their profiles due to insecurity, that they'll miss out on the perfect guy because they think she's a half inch over 5'8" or because she lives in a studio apt and not a 1 bedroom...really random little things like that drive these "lying" women crazy. I somewhat believe that showing deceiving photos of their body or only using headshots is lying, but I realized overtime just not to bother contacting those women because the odds are they're hiding something. They're either fat or so insecure with their decent looking body that I already know I won't want to deal with that issue.

Anyway, I don't do online dating anymore, it's a crock, I did it for 4 years and it only cost me my emotional health and sanity, in addition to my time and money wasted on undeserving women.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
Men lie on profiles because they're having a hard time landing a response from a semi-attractive and intelligent sounding woman online. So, by fudgins a little bit what they do or their height they feel like they can slightly improve their chances. This may help them depending on what it is they're fudging, but most likely it will come back to hurt them if/when they actually meet and get to know each other.

Women fudge their profiles due to insecurity, that they'll miss out on the perfect guy because they think she's a half inch over 5'8" or because she lives in a studio apt and not a 1 bedroom...really random little things like that drive these "lying" women crazy. I somewhat believe that showing deceiving photos of their body or only using headshots is lying, but I realized overtime just not to bother contacting those women because the odds are they're hiding something. They're either fat or so insecure with their decent looking body that I already know I won't want to deal with that issue.

Anyway, I don't do online dating anymore, it's a crock, I did it for 4 years and it only cost me my emotional health and sanity, in addition to my time and money wasted on undeserving women.
LOL, I live in a studio and that hasn't affected the interest of men...

Old 04-24-2012, 10:14 AM

674 posts, read 1,161,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
It was just a random example. It shouldn't matter, but there's a million little things that women will be insecure about and cause them to fudge on a dating profile

Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
It was just a random example. It shouldn't matter, but there's a million little things that women will be insecure about and cause them to fudge on a dating profile
I know..just struck me as funny. I figure if people never plan to meet, then they should keep on lying!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:43 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I don't think a woman's economic status would really be a turn off for men. The other way around? yes. Same way with a man's looks. They are not necessarily as important for women as the other way around.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I don't think a woman's economic status would really be a turn off for men. The other way around? yes. Same way with a man's looks. They are not necessarily as important for women as the other way around.
I wouldn't care if a man only had a studio. at least he's supporting himself.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:10 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
I think that's why I meet someone as fast as I can when I start talking to someone who seems interesting. I want to know right off the bat if they are misrepresenting themselves before I waste weeks emailing them. You can meet normal decent people through dating websites. I know plenty of friends who have. You just have to weed through the crap first which means meeting people fast and not wasting your time on people who are no good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships