U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 AM

3,521 posts, read 3,155,103 times
Never understood why you would fall in. How hard is it to look? On the other hand it does not bother me to raise the lid and seat before use and lowering them both after. Maybe its because we had dogs most of the time when I was growing up and my wife and I do now and they would try to drink out of it. It looks better IMO anyway.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 09:57 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,608,553 times
i pee in the sink... before everyone gets riled up know that urine is sterile. yes sometimes **** really stinks esp after eating asparagus.. but like i said pee is sterile. my soap is in a dispenser, and my toothbrush is behind the medicine cabinet. nothing sprays anywhere. i simply rinse off the urine or spray some lysol and its clean as ever. i only use the toilet to drop mud.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:57 AM

2,173 posts, read 1,374,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And because leaving it open sprays bacteria into the air: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...rrhea-disease/

Thank you for this! I have been trying to make this the actual point, and not about the gender garbage folks keep trying to use as the point.
Not about consideration.
Germs!

Old 04-23-2012, 09:58 AM

416 posts, read 358,605 times
i always close the LID when done. this way my wife has to put forth an effort just like i do, plus it keeps the dog from drinking out the toilet.

ladies using the excuse of falling in the toilet are just plain too lazy to turn on the light.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:58 AM

13,039 posts, read 14,822,172 times
IMO the toilet lid , never mind the seat should always be closed before flushing anyway to keep smells and stray spraying from the bowl hitting the bathroom floor etc... I remember seeing a documentary where toothbrushes in an average size bathroom had been tested and had some fecal and urinary matter which had projected from the open flushing.

Purely in terms of physics the average flush is enough on occasions to project unwanted matter all over the bathroom as far away as the sink... Gross.

Also women need the seat down every time they go to the bathroom, men only 50% of the time so logically the seat should be down.

Hubby is pretty good, so it has never been an issue, I can't remember the last time he forgot to put the seat down , a few years back at a guess.

I always use wipes on the seat ( under as well as over) every time I use the bathroom as well. Just as I always clean the bathtub after I have a bath. Anything else to me is just a little thoughtless. It only takes a few seconds.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 AM

12,957 posts, read 10,255,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
i pee in the sink... before everyone gets riled up know that urine is sterile. yes sometimes **** really stinks esp after eating asparagus.. but like i said pee is sterile. my soap is in a dispenser, and my toothbrush is behind the medicine cabinet. nothing sprays anywhere. i simply rinse off the urine or spray some lysol and its clean as ever. i only use the toilet to drop mud.
Actually urine is only sterile in the bladder. It picks up bacteria as it passes through the urethra. Peeing in the sink is gross. How hard is it to use the toilet, which was intended for that purpose?

Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 AM

7,691 posts, read 8,940,143 times
In my house, I have a rule of "If you leave the seat up, you earn a swift kick to the groin". Never had a problem.

If I'm at someone's house, I will leave as I see it. Especially if it is a house full of males.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:24 AM

11,069 posts, read 10,910,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
i always close the LID when done. this way my wife has to put forth an effort just like i do, plus it keeps the dog from drinking out the toilet.

ladies using the excuse of falling in the toilet are just plain too lazy to turn on the light.
Its bad enough having animals drinking out of it, but if anyone has had children they know that they like to play in it and usually involves finding things to drop in there.

I have fallen in a few times. Call it lazy if you want, but most people if they get up in the middle of the night to tinkle dont take the time to turn on the light and look especially if you expect the lid to be down and are trying not to disturb your SO. I know men dont alway take the time to turn the light on, look and lift the lid. Ive cleaned up to many splatters for that to be true.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:30 AM

5,030 posts, read 2,754,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
In my house, I have a rule of "If you leave the seat up, you earn a swift kick to the groin". Never had a problem.
Why would you consider your toilet use more important than your husbandís? It doesnít take anybody more than 1 second to lift that seat or put it down really. It takes longer to complain about it.

Quote:
If I'm at someone's house, I will leave as I see it. Especially if it is a house full of males.
Or you will get a kick to the groin.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:31 AM

822 posts, read 530,508 times
Life is too short to be worried about such trivial crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships