Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:57 AM

29,640 posts, read 34,129,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Guys just dont make a big deal out of nonsensical and trivial things.
If that were true, there wouldn't be nearly the number of sports talk radio stations that there are now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM

3,295 posts, read 6,991,732 times
I never understood why people make a big deal of this, so much that in pop culture that it is a staple of stand-up comedy (which in any case, I never found the toilet seat jokes that funny).

I never gave it or give it any thought, whether living with family growing up, with room-mates, male, or female, and neither did anyone I have lived with.

If the seat is up, and I want it down, I put it down. If the seat is down and I want it up, I put it up. It takes like 2 seconds to do. Are people that lazy or reluctant to do an action that takes that much effort?

If so, there must be a bazillion other things that would worry or trouble you more than that.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:09 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,127,308 times
I make my decisions on toilet seat etiquette on a case by case basis. If I want it up, I raise it. If I need it down, I lower it.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:09 PM
JL

8,514 posts, read 14,468,301 times
This might seem to odd to everyone, but ever since college, i've always sat down when i took a pi*** and made my roommates do the same since the apartment was under my name back then. The reason i did this was that it made cleaning up so much easier. There wouldn't be urine stains on the seat or the surrounding floor by the toilet. No urine smell either. It was such a pain to clean before i told them to adopt this method...lol...i remember before this change, i ended up having to clean the surrounding below the toilet by pouring bleach around it. The smell was really that bad and the normal cleaner couldn't remove the stains. The area hadn't been clean for like almost half the semester. Even now, i still sit down in my own toilet at home. The toilet seat is always down in my house and my former gf appreciated it too..

I have even more gross toilet stories from college if anyone wants to hear about them.

Last edited by JL; 04-23-2012 at 12:29 PM..

Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,123,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
This might seem to odd to everyone, but ever since college, i've always sat down when i took a pi*** and made my roommates do the same since the apartment was under my name back then. The reason i did this was that it made cleaning up so much easier. There wouldn't be urine stains on the seat or the surrounding floor by the toilet. No urine smell either. It was such a pain to clean before i told them to adopt this method...lol...i remember before this change, i ended up having to clean the surrounding below the toilet by pouring bleach around it. The smell was really bad. The area hadn't been clean for like almost half the semester. Even now, i still sit down in my own toilet at home. The toilet seat is always down in my house and my former gf appreciated it too..

I have even more gross toilet stories from college if anyone wants to hear about them.
It's not odd. I've known many men that prefer not to pee on their floors.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:34 PM

35,984 posts, read 30,507,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Hey, energy wasted is energy wasted. Its exactly as much work as a lady putting the seat down before she needs to use it. Guys just dont make a big deal out of nonsensical and trivial things.
Because they arent normally the ones that clean the bathroom.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:37 PM

35,984 posts, read 30,507,546 times
Quote:
I am always amused by this subject. I am a female--oops, sorry, a woman--don't want to offend anyone (see other thread). How the hell do you fall into a toilet in the first place? Why on earth would you be going to the bathroom IN THE DARK in the first place? Don't you LOOK at the toilet before you sit on it????

Am I the only one that navigates the house in the dark. If I get up in the middle of the night, I try not to turn on lights unecessarily and If I have to take a quick pee, Im usually is a semi awake state.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:42 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,533,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Am I the only one that navigates the house in the dark. If I get up in the middle of the night, I try not to turn on lights unecessarily and If I have to take a quick pee, Im usually is a semi awake state.
Nope. I pee in the dark too. I rarely get up in the middle of the night to go, but when it happens, I don't want to wake myself up completely by turning the light on. Plus, it hurts my eyes.

I have fallen in the toilet a couple times years ago. That will wake you up quickly. LOL

As for my current situation? We have dogs who see nothing wrong with eating horse poop. A little toilet water is nothing. The seat and lid need to stay down.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:44 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,123,634 times
Quote:
Because they arent normally the ones that clean the bathroom.
Lol That's the next question. How often are they cleaning if at all.

Quote:
I do as well and I've fallen in, in the past. Not with my dh, fortunately.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:53 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,262,721 times
If they have good aim, I don't see what the problem is? However, when I am visiting a household that has at least one woman living there, I put the seat down. I've watched enough movies and TV shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships