Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 02:54 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Absolutely they do - they reduce testosterone, and they also change the estrogen and progesterone balance.

For some women, it has a greater effect, and some less, since our sex drives are about one-third hormonal, one-third mental attitude, and one-third emotional...and, it depends on other hormones like dopamine and even the thyroid and overall health and wellness.
Thank you.

Huckleberry, you take a pill that turns your gonads off and tell us how you feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I'm just saying, I don't think it is as prevalent as people make it out to be. I think its another excuse women use to explain a low sex drive. Those of us with high sex drives are not going to notice an effect regardless. Those who are frigid to begin with...those problems are only exacerbated by birth control.

You should probably read the article I linked to, as it's easier to understand than [URL="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20654756"]the abstract[/URL] for the actual study. Given that I posted the link at 4:38 and you responded not two minutes later, I doubt you have. Call it a peeve of mine when people do that. You don't speak for all, and there is research to prove it.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:57 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
I'm happily married to a fantastic woman and have a great sex life... Is something wrong?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:59 PM

179 posts, read 308,704 times
I am generalizing, I know. However, I see it here on CD. I see it in other internet boards and in real life. Most guys I know don't get as much sex from their wives as they'd like, although my case is by far the worst.

I belong to other boards and hear the women there complain that their husbands want sex too much...and we're talking 4 times a month max. Now maybe those guys don't know how to please a woman, I don't know.

I'm perfectly willing to accept some fault here, but I have serious doubts that comments like "she goes to town on the vibrator when he's not around" are true at all. I already explained my previous relationships. And again, if that IS true, how the hell does she expect it to change IF SHE WON'T DISCUSS IT?

Her parents were strict Catholics. She doesn't practice her religion all that devoutly, but its possible there is still some carryover from that upbringing.
As far as abuse, I'm not aware of any.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I'm happily married to a fantastic woman and have a great sex life... Is something wrong?
Yes. You don't live in the US. We're all materialistic bit*ches here who get off on counting money (even those of us who were not born here; it's in the air)!

Old 04-23-2012, 03:11 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
I am generalizing, I know. However, I see it here on CD. I see it in other internet boards and in real life. Most guys I know don't get as much sex from their wives as they'd like, although my case is by far the worst.

I belong to other boards and hear the women there complain that their husbands want sex too much...and we're talking 4 times a month max. Now maybe those guys don't know how to please a woman, I don't know.

I'm perfectly willing to accept some fault here, but I have serious doubts that comments like "she goes to town on the vibrator when he's not around" are true at all. I already explained my previous relationships. And again, if that IS true, how the hell does she expect it to change IF SHE WON'T DISCUSS IT?

Her parents were strict Catholics. She doesn't practice her religion all that devoutly, but its possible there is still some carryover from that upbringing.
As I said before, I think you should ask her what she expects you to do for the rest of your life. This is not going to be an easy conversation, but it sounds like one you will have to eventually have. A lot depends on whether her attitude is A) sex is gross and you need to get over your dirty expectations, B) I don't know what the matter is but please help me try to fix it, or C) I honestly don't enjoy sex but don't know what to do about it.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:14 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yes. You don't live in the US. We're all materialistic bit*ches here who get off on counting money (even those of us who were not born here; it's in the air)!
I'm a woman in the US and I love sex.

And I even *gasp* vote Republican!!

Old 04-23-2012, 03:16 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
I would've thought that a disinterest in sex would automatically disqualify a woman from being "good wife material".

Perhaps you mean she is "good mother material" in that she takes care of you.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:18 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
I second this post. I'm also finding Asian women have some fire in them also. Hopefully this won't turn into a American women thing but ladies there is a difference in cultures when speaking about relationships. Then again I had no clue some Asian women had problems with some Asian men and want nothing to do with them due to the subservient expectations of marriage.
You don't think they are so passionate because they usually come from a disadvantaged background and are enthusiastically extracting your wallet through your penis?

Old 04-23-2012, 03:21 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:

I'm perfectly willing to accept some fault here, but I have serious doubts that comments like "she goes to town on the vibrator when he's not around" are true at all. I already explained my previous relationships. And again, if that IS true, how the hell does she expect it to change IF SHE WON'T DISCUSS IT? Maybe because she's just too embarrassed. We know nothing about her. Like you said in an earlier post-when she drinks she's more open. A good friend of mine has a similar situation. It's not that his wife doesn't have a libido. His wife just isn't that good in bed or can be shy. When he gets her drunk she's a completely different person. I'm not saying you should do that all the time but maybe if you 2 have a quiet evening and some drinks just to loosen up, maybe you can get her to talk.

Her parents were strict Catholics. She doesn't practice her religion all that devoutly, but its possible there is still some carryover from that upbringing. She doesn't have to practice the religion devoutly. It may just be the stigma that sex is for reproducing and not to be discussed. What was her experience before you? Were you her first? Did she date much before you?
I'm sorry but after you said other women got bored with you and even cheated, well, I can't completely believe that your wife has zero libido and is not interested in sex at all. There are women who are embarrassed and not very experienced. Heck there are times when hubby is away for the weekend and I do what I gotta do so the toys come out. Sometimes I enjoy it more because I'm done when I'm done.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:21 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:

Yeah, well most husbands of working wives I know don't do their half of housework or child-rearing, so there ya go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships