Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:20 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times

Advertisements

ladies would you?

My situation specifically is that I need a little more money and I will be getting promoted later this year from my main job but until then I need a little something extra . I'm still in college and with a main job and overnight housekeeping Ill be making 40 - 48k a year. Which is not too bad for a 23 year old even though I am behind.

On top of that I get a 10% discount off of new cars 15% off of used cars and 20% discount off of car parts so I will have nice car and a nice place to live.

Again the situation is temporary but honesty is appreciative.

Would a guy like me doing housekeeping overnight for extra income turn you off?

It will be only doing it for 9 months max.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 05:26 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Just keep the details to yourself. Dont buy into today's world of oversharing - facebook and reality shows shoukd noy guide anyones life. There is no need for you to tell people you are a housekeeper. (and good on you for seizing the opportunity to earn a little extra)

Old 04-23-2012, 05:30 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
Personally, I think it shows drive, and a willingness to get ahead. I say good for you! If someone would think less of you for working an extra job (regardless of what it is, legal that is) then shame on them!

Old 04-23-2012, 05:30 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Wouldn't turn me off if I was young & dating.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:31 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Do you really care that much what other people think?

Listen. Some people will date you, some people won't. That will be the sum of the answers you'll get here and you will be none the wiser. Everyone is an individual and thinks differently, so why bother trying to analyze what some fictional woman thinks?

Do what pleases you, respect yourself, and stop using other people as a mirror for looking at yourself and judging/admiring what you see. That's the mark of a narcissist.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:31 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Personally, I think it shows drive, and a willingness to get ahead. I say good for you! If someone would think less of you for working an extra job (regardless of what it is, legal that is) then shame on them!
This!

Old 04-23-2012, 05:35 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
I agree. It says a lot about you and that you'll work hard to get ahead in life. Women like that.

If it bothers you when someone asks just give a little white lie or be vague. No one needs to know any of the details.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:49 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Just keep the details to yourself. Dont buy into today's world of oversharing - facebook and reality shows shoukd noy guide anyones life. There is no need for you to tell people you are a housekeeper. (and good on you for seizing the opportunity to earn a little extra)
Thanks for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Wouldn't turn me off if I was young & dating.
I was worried about the stigma of the job

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Do you really care that much what other people think?

Listen. Some people will date you, some people won't. That will be the sum of the answers you'll get here and you will be none the wiser. Everyone is an individual and thinks differently, so why bother trying to analyze what some fictional woman thinks?

Do what pleases you, respect yourself, and stop using other people as a mirror for looking at yourself and judging/admiring what you see. That's the mark of a narcissist.

Ill keep this in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
This!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I agree. It says a lot about you and that you'll work hard to get ahead in life. Women like that.

If it bothers you when someone asks just give a little white lie or be vague. No one needs to know any of the details.
I hope they do. I really hope they see its just temporary and maybe they will respect me for my independence and as long as I'm in college and have my primary career they know I'm just doing it just to carry myself over for now.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:52 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I hope they do. I really hope they see its just temporary and maybe they will respect me for my independence and as long as I'm in college and have my primary career they know I'm just doing it just to carry myself over for now.
A good woman will recognize your efforts in school and working a tough job in the evenings. I highly commend what you're doing.

You sound like a very good guy. Some lady Will be lucky.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:53 PM

61,711 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Whats "overnight housekeeping" ?? Like you clean houses while people are sleeping??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships