Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,523,983 times

Advertisements

What about Brock Lesner? Go call him a dork and see what happens.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:47 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,089,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
What about Brock Lesner? Go call him a dork and see what happens.
That's why stereotypes and generalizations are stupid (and dangerous)

Old 06-16-2009, 11:21 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,335,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Sure geeks come in all races, but some races have a lot more geeks than others.
Are you kidding me? I heard some races have a lot more toes than others too. Really, do you just make these things up as you go along for the sake of conversation?

Old 06-17-2009, 04:53 AM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,067,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Are you kidding me? I heard some races have a lot more toes than others too. Really, do you just make these things up as you go along for the sake of conversation?
It's widely known that the Chinese and Jewish cultures revere academic learning, and have for thousands of years, so why wouldn't their cultures produce more geeks than... let's say the black and Hispanic cultures? And it's harder for Asians to get into the top schools because so many of them apply with strong applications but the colleges want a diversified campus. Then consider the high percentages of young black men in prison, in fact more of them in prison than in college, and... more black women in college than black men. Dur! There's nothing to make up here on the fly.

Again, Chowhound made the first post in this thread about white men being dorky/geeky. Initially in this thread, my reply to that was that dorky/geeky can be more attractive to a woman looking for a long term relationship or marriage than a guy that comes on with sexy flirty moves right from the get go. Guys that come across as players from the start usually make the worst long term boyfriends and husbands. I can't speak for PassTheChocolate's past experiences, but the huge majority single black guys I've seen and encountered flirt in a very sexual way with their smooth talking player ways, and that's a big turn off to someone of my background (Chinese, suburban upbringing, geeky). If you've met some dorky awkward (non ugly) black guys, than that's your personal experience, but it's not been mine.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:26 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,335,140 times
Quote:
It's widely known that the Chinese and Jewish cultures revere academic learning, and have for thousands of years, so why wouldn't their cultures produce more geeks than
So NOW your definition of a geek is someone who revers in academic learning - because your earlier post

Quote:
A dorky guy is the antithesis of a "bad boy" type. And that's what makes a dorky guy attractive as boyfriend or husband material. Not every woman wants a guy that is broadcasting full on sexy vibes or is drop dead handsome. Sexy guys are big flirts with every pretty woman they meet, and who wants that kind of man as a mate? With a gorgeous guy, all kinds of women will always be throwing themselves at him. Who needs that kind of hassle? I sure as hell don't. My geeky white guy has eyes only for me, and that's the way I like it. I also like that he hasn't had very many girlfriends.
said nothing of academics.

Quote:
... let's say the black and Hispanic cultures? And it's harder for Asians to get into the top schools because so many of them apply with strong applications but the colleges want a diversified campus. Then consider the high percentages of young black men in prison, in fact more of them in prison than in college, and... more black women in college than black men. Dur! There's nothing to make up here on the fly.
Ahhh I should have known that the "some races produce more geeks than others" was just a gateway for you to come and share more of your stereotypical beliefs. How is it that no matter what the thread is about you somehow manage to throw this in there?

Quote:
If you've met some dorky awkward (non ugly) black guys, than that's your personal experience, but it's not been mine.

Well yeah I guess we do have different experiences when it come to black people. Mine comes from being around different types of black people my whole life and yours comes from the handful of "ghetto talking" black people at your job.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:51 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,089,019 times
^^^^^Excellent point Natalay and I think your last point is why it's so frustrating for black folk when we hear people generalize from only knowing a few of us or from what they see on the news and rap videos

Old 06-17-2009, 07:01 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,104,361 times
closed for mod review..
Please do not post copyright pictures. Pictures of celebrities are always copyrighted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships