U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 12:31 PM

3,253 posts, read 1,427,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Maybe a little paranoid. But it has nothing to do with insecurities. As a guy, if I see a girl out with her man, and she is dressed sexy my first thought is to wonder why. I question whether she properly respects the guy. I wonder if she is trying to get attention from other men because her man doesn't satisfy her. So it stands to reason if I think that way I would be concerned as to whether other men think that way too.

I'm not sure how many of you that commented are guys. I would be really interested in knowing if other guys think that way at all.
This is absurd.. honest!

If I see a sexy girl out, I simply think she CARES about her looks.. hum, like 99% of the women I already know!

Old 04-24-2012, 12:31 PM

5,259 posts, read 4,960,647 times
Like I said before...does she dress inappropriately for the places you frequent?

If so, then see if she can dial it down a notch. If not, and if there are no trust issues to worry about, then enjoy what you have!

Old 04-24-2012, 12:33 PM

1,078 posts, read 875,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
You should let your wife dress the way she wants to.. PERIOD. The only ones who would have an issue with this are the jealous type, don't be the jealous type!
If she wants to look sexy, then shut up and let her. There will come a day when your wife may not be so sexy and you will long for the days when she used to dress sexy...
It's really not a jealousy thing. My wife and I have a great sex life and I know she's into me. When she does dress this way, we have a great time and it always ends VERY WELL.

My entire hangup is with the impression that I think other men have of me when my wife dresses this way. I don't have any worries about my wife leaving me for one of them. I'n beginning to think that maybe other men don't think this way and it's just me. Which is a good thing actually.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:34 PM

3,253 posts, read 1,427,607 times
Quote:
It's really not a jealousy thing. My wife and I have a great sex life and I know she's into me. When she does dress this way, we have a great time and it always ends VERY WELL.

My entire hangup is with the impression that I think other men have of me when my wife dresses this way. I don't have any worries about my wife leaving me for one of them. I'n beginning to think that maybe other men don't think this way and it's just me. Which is a good thing actually.
It's just you..

if i saw you out with your sexy wife, I would think.. hum.. she is sexy.. lucky bastard.. and that's about it..

Old 04-24-2012, 12:35 PM

23,933 posts, read 19,736,670 times
Quote:
So I've had this conversation a few times with my wife regarding dressing sexy when we go out. She says she likes to dress sexy both for me and for her. She claims she is not doing it so other guys will look at her, but she does realize that sort of comes with the territory. She thinks that I would like that other guys are looking at her, as that would indicate they are jealous that she's with me and not them. I have a different perspective in that I look at it from what I think of girls that are dressed sexy and are with their man. I automatically think they are trying to attract the attention of other men. So I think it is somewhat disrespectful towards the spouse/bf. Because I have a negative opinion of him in that his wife/gf is not interested in him enough so she has to get attention from other sources.

I'm interested in what both men and women's opinions are regarding this. It may be important to note that my wife and I are both reasonably well fit and attractive. And the sexy attire I'm talking about is not over the top, cleavage hanging out, but like mini-skirt, tight top, heels. Sexy, but in a classy way.
I can see both sides of it. My grandfather used to say that the only time you need to worry is when other men don't look at your woman (which is funny, cause he was one jealous dude). But I also know that women often will dress provocatively on purpose to disrespect their s/o or to make them angry, jealous, etc. And that doesn't speak well for that woman's character.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:35 PM

1,078 posts, read 875,072 times
Quote:
This is absurd.. honest!

If I see a sexy girl out, I simply think she CARES about her looks.. hum, like 99% of the women I already know!
Including if she's with her guy? You don't get any impression of the relationship? Because I know there are many "mom's" out there that don't think it's appropriate to go out with their husbands and dress sexy. Why is that?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:36 PM

4,231 posts, read 2,627,065 times
Quote:
Lets be clear.

Men are simple.

They see a hot women they think "damn! shes hot, that guys lucky to be with her" not the complicated, long, drawn-out scenario that you have painted in your head. That'r more a chick thing-to construct some fabrication out of being paranoid.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:37 PM

12,776 posts, read 8,692,712 times
When she dresses sexy...

Give us a list on how it makes you feel, what you think the result of her dressing provocatively is, and why you don't want her dressing that way.

Seriously, she's going home with YOU. And any guy who lays a hand on her will be face down on the floor no doubt so what's the real problem?

Do you think how she dresses reflects on you?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:42 PM

12,776 posts, read 8,692,712 times
Quote:
My entire hangup is with the impression that I think other men have of me when my wife dresses this way.
What does how she dress have to do with you?

Do you buy her clothing?

Did you physically dress her?

Hell, take her shopping and show her what you would like her to wear if it makes you feel better, but frankly, I think you're way too involved with how other people think about you.

Why should you give a rip what someone else thinks of you - because of how your wife dresses?

Are you the type of guy who sees another guy's wife, and you think... "how did he let her leave the house like that?"

If you do you need to change that immediately because it's a sign of having an issue with being in control (especially when it's something you have no control over - that you WANT control over). Big red flag!

Old 04-24-2012, 12:43 PM

44,301 posts, read 54,771,183 times
Quote:
it's just you..

If i saw you out with your sexy wife, i would think.. Hum.. She is sexy.. Lucky bastard.. And that's about it..
exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships