Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 11:02 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I agree. That plays a part too. But those images were designed by white males who subconciously tell white women that this is how they should appear. Not a single black man designed, drew and approved those characters.

Notice that all the women there are porcelain white, with long hair and thin waists--which is a premature sexualized version of what they expect their women to look like. So in otherwords, black females are attempting to conform to the very same subconcious messages of aesthetics fed to them by white males places on white females But you'd be hard pressed to find one of these types who always pin their hang ups on black men to admit that.
Black men are just as guilty for internalizing this message. Many black males seek mates that fall within the same white aesthetic beauty standard created by white men.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:03 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
I've bailed on the human race. They're all stinkers.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:05 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
White males may draw them, but black parents are bringing them home to their kids.
Touche'. I'd really like to see who the artist are before making the assumption they are male and white. Doesn't really matter considering if they are catering to the largest community(White in this case) that minorities would get bypassed even if the artist was minority.

It's really not unusual. You can take any society in the world and you will find that most standards (Beauty or otherwise) or going to favor that of the majority.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:06 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Black men are just as guilty for internalizing this message. Many black males seek mates that fall within the same white aesthetic beauty standard created by white men.
No they don't, some of you just use that as a scapegoat in order to explain why you aren't dating or married.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
No they don't, some of you just use that as a scapegoat in order to explain why you aren't dating or married.
Now you are being a straight up liar. Everybody and the world knows most black men prefer women who look closer to the white standard of beauty.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Now you are being a straight up liar. Everybody and the world knows most black men prefer women who look closer to the white standard of beauty.
You're living in that web of obsession created by other black women who use that as a scapegoat. I think the only time I heard BM say that they wouldn't date a dark skin female was in High School. In college and post-college, if a black woman had booty and hips the brothers were checking her out. I gurantee you a black woman with a big booty and hips regardless of color are not in any shortage of offers, dates and proposals. Booty-less and hipless black women have a better gripe then you do.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Wow, you do generalize don't you ? I would think most Black men determine their own standard of beauty.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
You'rre living in that web of obsession created by other black women who use that as a scapegoat. I think the only time I heard BM say that they wouldn't date a dark skin female was in High School. In college and post-college, if a black woman had booty and hips the brothers were checking her out. Booty-less and hipless black women have a better gripe then you do.
How is being judged on the size of your ass and hips ANY better than skin tone? Its equally just as bad. I notice lightskin women are given a pass if they are very thin but darkskin women are told they are 'too skinny' and look 'sick'. However, you have lost all credibility with me when you decided to resort to lies. You know good and well that many black men prefer women who look closer to the white standard of beauty, its just that when they get older they are not so vocal about it

Old 04-29-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
How is being judged on the size of your ass and hips ANY better than skin tone? Its equally just as bad. However, you have lost all credibility with me when you decided to resort to lies. You know good and well that many black men prefer women who look closer to the white standard of beauty, its just that when they get older they are not so vocal about it

Didn't say it was "any better", I just said that their skin color isn't as big as an inhibiter as some of you try to pass off. Whenever some of you can't get dates, get laid or get married you always loop around on this concept of black men having alleged carved in stone color and hair preferneces. It's nonsense if we're all being totally honest about it. I've also noticed that if some of you can find ONE black man who subtantiated your claim dating back to childhood, it'll override every experience that disputes otherwise from here on in.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:22 AM

45 posts, read 74,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wow, you do generalize don't you ? I would think most Black men determine their own standard of beauty.
I see what you are saying, but one black man can not speak for an entire race of men. A singular black man also cannot percieve, no matter how hard he tries, to know how it is to be a black woman, what her experiences are like and why she does what she does. No amount of studies,articles, websites, tv specials, books or focus groups will give a black man that insight. None.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships