Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
lol @ this coming from an ""angry bitter, lonely black woman." The discussion was civil, and I haven't made any ad hominem attacks. You snuck in a few jabs here and there--but I ignored them.

Your type of response is what I'm primarily referring to though. You came into the thread a few times ROARING about what black men do or don't do. In your mind your behavior of malcontent and disrespect is normal and legitimate, but if anyone dare challenge you with similar language and attitude, then they are the ones with the problem. This type of behavior is very pervasive in the black households that become fatherless. It's an either "bow down, or get out" type of mentality.

The hypocrisy on all of this is just unbelievalble. A few angered black women came in here talking about "black men want white trophies", black men date unattractive women, black men are color struck, and stuck on hair types, THEN when someone has enough muster to call some of you out on it, then and only then does Lucifer comes out lol. Then all of a suden 'yo the victim' I just think it's glaringly obvious that even the black women who had a problem with my responses, never even thought to check or challenge the black women who came in here howling.14 Bricks was 100% on the money. The stereotypes came flying from one direction, only then did a few male posters begin responding in kind. Don't like it? Oh well. Respect is a 2-way street.

(PS- I think you need to worry about a rising, HIV/and AIDS rate amongst black women tha rivals that of Africa before you concern yourself with my blood pressure--I'm just sayin)
See this is an example of ugliness.
Why would you feel compelled to say something like this?
The OP began his thread stating that he was always attracted to black women
Growing up and they thwarted his advances and so forth and in college he “gave up” and finally married a white women and it has worked out thus far. The Op was wondering if anyone else had come across this?

And you turned it into a race war.

This is your statement…

Overall, I think it speaks voulmes about the heirarchy of beauty when a white guy is willing to date an average woman of any race but a black woman. She need not apply unless she's far above aesthetically by comparison to her sistren. Then and only then is she worth a second look to him.

Yet another endearing post…

I didn't say that the perception of them being less attractive is what defines attractiveness, I don't define interracial dating as a metric of self-worth, but I do believe that black women are considered less attractive to men of other races than black men are to women of other races. There isn't a single place on this Earth really where black women out number black men in these relationships. The "stereotype" of black women behaving in a specific matter is really only prevelent in this country--that being said, you have to ask yourself, why are black women still involved in them in lower numbers everywhere else? Pride? Are they rejecting men of other races everywhere? I don't I don't buy that. Whether it's in the UK, Latin America, Sweden, Russia, Italy, Japan etc, black men are more wanted as partners by women of other races, more so than black women are (don't confuse that with black men as being the "preferred" because I didn't say that). But regardless of where you go it seems to play out this way. I think there is a universal physical preference at play here.

You went on and on to state weaves, straightners, skin lightners and so forth as a proof that black women hate what they look like?
Pish posh…
Truth? They are not the only ones.
Hispanic women will get their hair straightned, white women do as well why? Because it isa preference, they do not like their curly hair! I myself flat iron my hair every other day because I have curly hair and it is too hard to manage.
Am I black? Look at my profile pic..I assure I am not..yet I straighten my hair!
Skin lightners? Again preference.
LMAO! As I see SOOOO many WHITE women at the tanning salons ( which I myself am very guilty of using) to get “tan” I see so so many white women very “tan” in the middle of winter, why? Preference. I tend to get very light and I do not like it therefore I tan all the time! I love being darker, looking sun kissed even in the dead of winter!
Does this make me ashamed of who I am? Of course not, I prefer to be darker, plain and simple.
How many white women get collagen lip injections to perfect their “pout” does this mean they are ashamed of being “white? No they want “fuller lips” ones they were not born with! White women get perms because their hair is too thin and limp, does this mean they are ashamed of being white? No! There are women whom get butt implants, breast implants..they are doing this as preference because they feel they are lacking in this area however they never get grief over it.
I have friends of every walk of life..and they all do something to enhance their beauty.
I have black friends whom choose to be natural, get their hair straightened and those that have a weave and it is never to be more “white” I can think of 2 friends off of the top of my head that are dark and they are happily married to BLACK men.
I do not see this so much here where I live…and then I have a good friend whom is not so dark that cannot get a good black man to save her life and feels that black men prefer other races and while I have seen this in effect as well I do not understand it. I have posted on this in previous threads.
She was one of those women whom had to go elsewhere to find her man. She was on the brink of giving up and began dating other races ( Mexican guys just ate her up) however she found her love in Baltimore when visiting her brother.

You want truth? As far as black men being wanted anywhere else? I do not know this.
There is still a stigma regarding black men. There are women /friends whom have asked me if I ever dated a black man and I have stated “yeah” and their reply has been “ewww” “really?” This has come from white women, Hispanic women and some asian women.
Not to state that men will ask if women have dated black men and when I have stated “yes” They stated “ Well I do not believd in interracial relationships” I got confused..I stated “Umm, I am not all white and yet you are dating me?” In which they stated that they felt blacks should stay with blacks but everyone else was okay? WOW.
In the UK? Perhaps however I have seen many black women with white men, matter of fact I have known some white men that will not date any woman that is not black.
So I feel that stating generalizations as truth for an entire race is wrong, bring some stats to the table before going on a tangent.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:08 AM

Here are some stats I found..Interesting indeed...
link...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interra..._United_States

Married couples in the United States in 2010 (thousands)[11]
White Wife Black Wife Asian Wife Other Wife White Husband 50,410 168 529 487 Black Husband 390 4,072 39 66 Asian Husband 219 9 2,855 28 Other Husband 488 18 37 568

Old 05-04-2012, 12:17 AM

The study also shows that some ethnic groups are more likely to be in interracial relationships. Going by the figures provided by the study, 48% of Black Caribbean men and 34 per cent of Black Caribbean women are in interracial relationships in contrast to those of Pakistani backgrounds (8% men and 6% women).

link s it pertains to the UK

Study: Interracial relationships causing black people in the UK to disappear

48% men and 34% women? Not a huge gap...

Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 AM

133 posts, read 192,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Congrats on your white wife. I can understand why you might've decided to expand your dating options, but I don't believe that EVERY black woman rejected you and EVERY white woman accepted you. (Besides, we were only talking about high school here- not everyone got dates in high school anyways.) Besides, men get rejected by all races of women ALL the time, but they don't decide to give up and start dating men because of it. If you truly value something, you don't give up on it that easily, i.e. if you truly wanted a black woman, you would've kept pursuing black women.

Does your wife know you feel this way. ?
Just curious. So are you saying you prefer white women? Your wife might then feel like the love you share is not that special after all. So All black women rejected you and all white women accepte you . Im a bit confused as to haw race plays into this. Sounds cultural. Like you were pursuing girls who didnt see u as adequate so now you have decided to paint all black women with the inadequacy brush. Remember it was HS and Junior Hi and the beg of college. Everyone of every race gets shot down at that age.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM

2,720 posts, read 5,626,063 times
Being ethnically Greek and that there are hardly any Greeks in TX, I tended to hang out with the Middle Eastern or Hispanic crowd. I bailed out on them because they were into too much flash sometimes or had preferred looks that I couldn't fulfill, like a lot of Hispanic girls down here like shorter guys. I guess they just prefer their Latino men.

I am dating mostly Anglo White girls and I really like them because a lot of them are down to earth. The only thing that annoys me though is that some of them down here in TX think that a man is what they grew up with, i.e. their dad. So they're constantly trying to get me to be a bit more "country".

Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
The study also shows that some ethnic groups are more likely to be in interracial relationships. Going by the figures provided by the study, 48% of Black Caribbean men and 34 per cent of Black Caribbean women are in interracial relationships in contrast to those of Pakistani backgrounds (8% men and 6% women).

link s it pertains to the UK

Study: Interracial relationships causing black people in the UK to disappear

48% men and 34% women? Not a huge gap...
"Black Caribbean women are in interracial relationships"
Not surprising. From my experience many Caribbean women have little issue in dating out and are very approachable. Not so much in the US.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,247 times
I've been in love and attracted to black men all my life. But lately I'm finding it very hard to deal with the black man's boastful, flashy pride. I've been told numerous times that I'm a wonderful black woman and some men go as far to tell me that they "have no clue what to do with me" because I'm so different from the average. All I ever wanted to do is marry a black man. Most of my friends and family have had success dating and marrying interracial but I'm still waiting for my Black soul mate! However, the black man's commitment to not committing is really disturbing!!!

Old 06-05-2012, 01:36 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
You probably don't have much or any swag.
What does this even mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteTrendsetter View Post
I've been in love and attracted to black men all my life. But lately I'm finding it very hard to deal with the black man's boastful, flashy pride. I've been told numerous times that I'm a wonderful black woman and some men go as far to tell me that they "have no clue what to do with me" because I'm so different from the average. All I ever wanted to do is marry a black man. Most of my friends and family have had success dating and marrying interracial but I'm still waiting for my Black soul mate! However, the black man's commitment to not committing is really disturbing!!!
You should check out this book

Amazon.com: Is Marriage for White People?: How the African American Marriage Decline Affects Everyone (9780525952015): Ralph Richard Banks: Books

Black women really should consider dating other ethniticies of men if they really want to get married. AA's have the lowest marriage rates and highest divorce rates.

It's at least a good idea to broaden your spectrum.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
What does this even mean?

You should check out this book

Amazon.com: Is Marriage for White People?: How the African American Marriage Decline Affects Everyone (9780525952015): Ralph Richard Banks: Books

Black women really should consider dating other ethniticies of men if they really want to get married. AA's have the lowest marriage rates and highest divorce rates.

It's at least a good idea to broaden your spectrum.

You can consider all you want...other ethnitices have to be willing to date you first.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:48 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
You can consider all you want...other ethnitices have to be willing to date you first.
I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying, but there are plenty of interracial couples with white men/black women. I see them all the time in New Jersey & Manhattan.

I don't know where she is located, but it is something she can give thought to. Being more open to the possibility of happiness with a man of another race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships