Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 07:20 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,149,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
hey I'm curious about this

"He didn't marry her because he felt that was the whole reason she had the baby. He's a man of great confidence, always sure of what he wants, not to be coerced or manipulated, especially at the expense of bringing a life into this world."

did she come in him to create this pregnancy ?
So just because a man "comes" in a woman, he is the one to blame with an originally unwanted pregnancy? Are you serious? It's also a woman's responsibility to manage her fertility and if she is trying to get pregnant, she is also obligated to discuss her desire for making a baby ahead of time... especially if the woman is sexually active and not married to any of her partner(s).

Sure a man's sperm helps make a baby, but in these modern times, women have many many options regarding their egg production.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 07:30 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,334,970 times
Your fiance's grandmother is a busybody.

Obviously the ex has a relationship with the grandma and as such was simply expressing how she feels to a "friend."

I think 3 years is plenty of time and she should be over it but lets say if it was just 3 months and he was already getting married to someone new... we would all be sympathetic to the ex then...

Old 05-04-2012, 07:32 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,546,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomlySpecific View Post
This morning I get a call from my Fiancé's grandmother saying Tess called her very upset. She said that Tess was upset at the news of us getting married and felt that it was a slap in the face because she gave my Fiancé six years of her life and a son, how could he marry me after only three years. How could he marry someone who doesn't even want kids. My initial reaction was to call Tess and curse her the f*%# out but I remembered that I'm suppose to have compassion & empathy towards others (I've been meditating for the pass few weeks and I'm learning to be more positive). I told my Fiancé about this and he also reminded me of my reasons for meditation, he said that this is probably my first test, lol.
I really wouldn't worry about Tess. There's a good reason why you are engaged to marry this man and she wasn't, m'kay?? Just be nice to the kid and all will be well.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:13 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,621,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
So just because a man "comes" in a woman, he is the one to blame with an originally unwanted pregnancy? Are you serious? It's also a woman's responsibility to manage her fertility and if she is trying to get pregnant, she is also obligated to discuss her desire for making a baby ahead of time... especially if the woman is sexually active and not married to any of her partner(s).

Sure a man's sperm helps make a baby, but in these modern times, women have many many options regarding their egg production.
unwanted pregnancy after sex is equal to unwanted burn after touching fire.

going in has expected results.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,669,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
hey I'm curious about this

"He didn't marry her because he felt that was the whole reason she had the baby. He's a man of great confidence, always sure of what he wants, not to be coerced or manipulated, especially at the expense of bringing a life into this world."

did she come in him to create this pregnancy ?
Her fiance can't be coerced or manipulated into wearing a condom. He is sure of what he wants: unprotected sex without responsibity for the outcome.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I don't find his behaviour suspicious in the least. Most men I know, my father and bf included, HATE family conflicts of any kind. Her fiance knew that his baby momma would be upset over his engagement to another woman... so it was putting it off as long as he could.

As to OngletNYC's post about how he had an obligation to not upset his baby momma, well why should she get that respect? She was the one that got pregnant in the first place in order to try to marry him. She was never ever wife material to him, and never will be. She doesn't get the same level of courtesy that a real ex-wife would get. And by a real ex-wife, I mean a divorced woman where originally the marriage was based on true love and respect, not one where one party manipulated the other into matrimony.
It isnt about respect and courtesy for the mom, it's about respect and courtesy for the child.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,997 times
Quote:
I don't find his behaviour suspicious in the least. Most men I know, my father and bf included, HATE family conflicts of any kind. Her fiance knew that his baby momma would be upset over his engagement to another woman... so it was putting it off as long as he could.

As to OngletNYC's post about how he had an obligation to not upset his baby momma, well why should she get that respect? She was the one that got pregnant in the first place in order to try to marry him. She was never ever wife material to him, and never will be. She doesn't get the same level of courtesy that a real ex-wife would get. And by a real ex-wife, I mean a divorced woman where originally the marriage was based on true love and respect, not one where one party manipulated the other into matrimony.
The whole "My ex got pregnant to trap me" bit sounds like it came from the guy. This is his skeezy way of drawing his current girlfriend closer to him by manipulating her into sympathizing with him. Sounds like it worked because OP is just polly-parroting the boyfriend's sentiments.

How men like this are able to get away with stunts like that. Here's why: They have a profound sincere belief that women are their own worst and natural enemies. A good way to control a woman is to pit her against another woman. This way woman in old relationship gets the beatdown he feels she deserves and he gets the upper hand over woman in his new relationship. Only when the man shows his true colors in the marriage will girlfriend realize she has been played.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
The whole "My ex got pregnant to trap me" bit sounds like it came from the guy. This is his skeezy way of drawing his current girlfriend closer to him by manipulating her into sympathizing with him. Sounds like it worked because OP is just polly-parroting the boyfriend's sentiments.

How men like this are able to get away with stunts like that. Here's why: They have a profound sincere belief that women are their own worst and natural enemies. A good way to control a woman is to pit her against another woman. This way woman in old relationship gets the beatdown he feels she deserves and he gets the upper hand over woman in his new relationship. Only when the man shows his true colors in the marriage will girlfriend realize she has been played.
Oh how i wish i could rep you. You are so right about this. Brilliant post.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:51 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Good points. It seems rather weird to me that something that should be as significant as a marriage of one of them is not discussed between the two parents of a child.

When you raise a child together, even one parent getting a pet cat should probably be mentioned. Does the father not believe this can have an effect on his son enough that the other parent should know about it.

It's almost like he's just sneaking this marriage in -- why the silence? Did he just assume that the child would eventually figure it out and that the child could inform the mother?
I disagree here......

The child has no point of reference in that respect.

Its not the same as a divorce, when parents and child resided together, then seperate and have different residences, move on with their personal life. These two people never lived together.

Where does the secrecy and silence come in here?

The child knows his fathers partner, as far as a 4yrs old is concerned, nothing is changing.

Why the need for the summit meeting?

Old 05-04-2012, 11:03 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I disagree here......

The child has no point of reference in that respect.

Its not the same as a divorce, when parents and child resided together, then seperate and have different residences, move on with their personal life. These two people never lived together.

Where does the secrecy and silence come in here?

The child knows his fathers partner, as far as a 4yrs old is concerned, nothing is changing.

Why the need for the summit meeting?
Because even if there wasn't a marriage before, the child's father is marrying a woman other than his mother. Their being married will change a lot of things with regard to this child. A summit meeting might not be necessary, but why the cavalier attitude as if the ex-girlfriend and the child the two of them made count for nothing? I could see your point if the man was marrying his child's mother, but he is marrying someone else. He's might even ask his father one day:
Dad, why didn't you marry MOM? Why did you marry this lady instead? His attempts to erase his past are going to come back to bite him if they haven't don't so already. His approach to this is unbelievably callous and insensitive and disrespectful to his son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships