Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men: Would you date a woman who majored/minored in Feminist or Women's Studies?
Yes, no problem 15 41.67%
Eh, depends on whether or not she is attractive 5 13.89%
Nah, don't think I need the hassles 3 8.33%
No, and how fast can I run? 12 33.33%
Other - explain 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 02:49 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Then you should have posted an actual curriculmn instead of an 'imaged' one.
I don't feel like "drilling" through college websites to do that. People also post hypothetical situations on here. This thread was obviously penned by a reasonably learned person. I don't think someone with an IQ of 77 could come up with such breadth and relevance.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Here's a real curriculum. Enjoy!

Overall Curriculum of the Women's Studies Department of Wellesley College (http://www.wellesley.edu/WomenSt/curriculum_overall.html - broken link)

Old 04-28-2012, 02:50 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Really? I've scanned the course list at a major university and they have titles resembling that, more or less. Not only that, those are currently discussed women's topics, just visit B&N and read in the Psychology section. Let the guys vote, ok?
That list is nothing like the course list of the women's studies major at the university where I studied. It's more about International Labor Markets and the Exploitation of Women (think of all those garment workers making $2.00/day), Women's History, Race and Gender, Women's Literature, etc. Instead of making up a list, how hard would it have been to just Google any major university with a Women's Studies Dept., and take a list from their course offerings?

Such a major would be no more or less marketable than a major in English, American History, French, or many other Humanities majors these days. BA's have become what HS diplomas used to be: a minimum requirement for a decent job. Notice how many cashiers and secretaries have BA's now, where those jobs used to be for HS graduates. To get a good job in a specialized field, these days more often than not you need an MA, especially if the field is in the Humanities.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:54 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
I don't feel like "drilling" through college websites to do that. People also post hypothetical situations on here. This thread was obviously penned by a reasonably learned person. I don't think someone with an IQ of 77 could come up with such breadth and relevance.
Uhm, no, it isn't obvious. In fact, it appears to be the opposite. It was penned by some bitter man with an axe to grind.

You say you don't want to drill through college websites so you basically made it up. If you wanted to be fair and unbiased and intelligent then you would have presented the appropriate information with the appropriate facts. Since you didn't and don't want to then your laziness leaves the reader to conclude you are simply gender bashing.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:55 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Sure I would, assuming I was attracted to her otherwise.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Here's a real curriculum. Enjoy!

Overall Curriculum of the Women's Studies Department of Wellesley College (http://www.wellesley.edu/WomenSt/curriculum_overall.html - broken link)
It's all there...introduction, literature, history, sexuality, film, stereotyping, roles, historical constructs, psychological and health issues, and independent research (though I'm afraid of what that might entail at Wellesley). Thanks, S-Az.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Uhm, no, it isn't obvious. In fact, it appears to be the opposite. It was penned by some bitter man with an axe to grind.

You say you don't want to drill through college websites so you basically made it up. If you wanted to be fair and unbiased and intelligent then you would have presented the appropriate information with the appropriate facts. Since you didn't and don't want to then your laziness leaves the reader to conclude you are simply gender bashing.
Look, if this thread doesn't suit you, then don't post. The guys who don't like some of the shallow questions women ask don't post. It's both an unwritten rule and a courtesy around here.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:03 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
It's all there...introduction, literature, history, sexuality, film, stereotyping, roles, historical constructs, psychological and health issues, and independent research (though I'm afraid of what that might entail at Wellesley). Thanks, S-Az.
Too late now. You didn't do the research and post it in your OP

Quote:
Look, if this thread doesn't suit you, then don't post. The guys who don't like some of the shallow questions women ask don't post. It's both an unwritten rule and a courtesy around here.
I've been around here a lot longer than you so don't tell me about the unwritten rules. And if you wanted ONLY male opinions then you should have posted it on a men's only website. If you don't want someone to call you on your posts then don't post in an open forum.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:05 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
When a man is truly attracted to a woman, he does not give a flying F about her education. In fact, most men don't really want to hear about it at all. I am 42, and I can't recall a single time in which a man asked me where I went to college and what I studied. Well, maybe back when I was actually in college. After that, never.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Too late now. You didn't do the research and post it in your OP
I've been around here a lot longer than you so don't tell me about the unwritten rules. And if you wanted ONLY male opinions then you should have posted it on a men's only website. If you don't want someone to call you on your posts then don't post in an open forum.
Ok, well it's there now - check out "Film: Latina as Bombshell" - for a semester? I couldn't even be that creative. And someone is paying a Boston area private university to take that stuff? Sure, then, volley with me, and waste bandwidth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships