U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 PM

266 posts, read 196,522 times

Advertisements

Does Intimacy change as you get older?? (35+) Is romance still an important part of sex? Are men and women more comfortable and confident with their body and able to enjoy intimacy on a deeper level as opposed to when they're in their 20's or early 30's? Are men and women more open to exploring different sexual experiences??? Just wondering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 09:43 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,001,982 times
Yes to all the above. The most exciting man I have been with was 53 years old. It's so much better now that I'm older then those fumbling, bumbling teenage and early 20 years.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:44 PM

18,339 posts, read 17,071,151 times
Health is so much a factor as we age but in people who stay physically in shape, sex and intimacy is still very important. There are a lot of changes to the human body and most are not good.

Many times the desire drops due to hormones or medication but that nowadays can be adjusted. I would like to think I will be sexual and intimate until the day I die. Hope they just pass out those little blue pills at the old folks home.

And then there are people who have no interest in sex or intimacy at 35 or 65.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Yes to all the above. The most exciting man I have been with was 53 years old. It's so much better now that I'm older then those fumbling, bumbling teenage and early 20 years.
You'll see me say on here regularly that most women do get better with age. More confidence, less games.... just get over here and do me now.

I like that.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:52 PM

44,782 posts, read 56,081,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You'll see me say on here regularly that most women do get better with age. More confidence, less games.... just get over here and do me now.

I like that.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

I like that.
lol!ha ha That made me smile and chuckle a little

Old 04-28-2012, 10:11 PM

2,929 posts, read 3,464,643 times
It totally depends on the couple. I know some long-married couples who have sex every night (or claim to). I know some couples married just a few years who practically never have sex. A good relationship remains good or even gets better as you get older. Couples with little in common invariably drift apart, though again, there are exceptions.

There's no way to generalize or make any sweeping judgments on long-term romantic partnerships. Each is unique.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
lol!ha ha That made me smile and chuckle a little
Better yet, when they say "You ain't finished yet" I like that too but need a few minutes to recover. It would be nice to be the 20 YO sex fiend we all were at one time.

One of the true joys of being human is our enjoyment of intimacy and sexuality.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 PM

32,319 posts, read 18,367,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
Does Intimacy change as you get older?? (35+) Is romance still an important part of sex? Are men and women more comfortable and confident with their body and able to enjoy intimacy on a deeper level as opposed to when they're in their 20's or early 30's? Are men and women more open to exploring different sexual experiences??? Just wondering
Um...if there's no romance, how do you get to the sex part? Have you been hanging around with the wrong guys? This is sounding a little sad.
Oh, but it's not clear whether you're talking about within marriage, or the singles scene. I thought you were talking about singles.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Um...if there's no romance, how do you get to the sex part? Have you been hanging around with the wrong guys? This is sounding a little sad.
Oh, but it's not clear whether you're talking about within marriage, or the singles scene. I thought you were talking about singles.

Yup...singles scene. Oh i agree romance is very important but judging from conversations that I've had with single friends and couples seems like some people can jump right into it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships