Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you go away for a weekend with someone you are casually dating?
Yes 10 37.04%
Only if I wanted something more serious 6 22.22%
No 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:45 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,922,529 times

Advertisements

I know someone mentioned it doesn't sound like I am that interested. It isn't that I'm not, but I'm very, very cautious when it comes to relationships. I guess I will just need to bring it up with him, but I hate being the one to bring that up.

That doesn't make sense-I guess I'm old school too-but I don't consider having sex with someone I've been going out with less than 2 months being Very very cautious-or even very cautious- or even cautious at all for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 05:06 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indecisive09 View Post
Yes, we have already had sex so I know that isn't what he wants. We don't have sex every time we are together. Last time, he just wanted to cuddle in bed even though he definitely could have gotten more.
He could have "gotten" more? Sex is a two way street when you are dating, it isnt about who gets what. It sounds like you dont particulalry enjoy having sex with him. Why do you bother?

Old 04-30-2012, 06:58 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
You give great advice on some other topics, but I do feel defensive with you about this subject. If a woman is having sex with a man it doesn't mean she doesn't value herself. This is 2012, not 1950. You are holding everyone to YOUR standards of ethics, and when someone doesn't conform, then you do come across as really judgmental. What has the OP posted that makes you think she doesn't value her health or have ethics? People come here to discuss ideas or to ask for advice, they don't want to be preached to about their morals. Especially when that has nothing to do with what the OP is asking.
The world is corrupt. I stand by my values and will always put it out there. And I will say it yet again. Regardless of what freaking year it is, good values should not be lost. Think and do whatever you want.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
The world is corrupt. I stand by my values and will always put it out there. And I will say it yet again. Regardless of what freaking year it is, good values should not be lost. Think and do whatever you want.
Take your own advice, will ya? Go preach to someone who cares what you think.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
Take your own advice, will ya? Go preach to someone who cares what you think.
I love how everyone is so defensive when it comes to being moral. Very telling. One thing I can say is that I have never been rude. Why is it that the folks who act rude, like you, are so defensive? When someone is trying to help others take the high road, it really is sad when people want to jump in and support crappy behavior. I am really disheartened.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:29 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,577 times
Quote:
I love how everyone is so defensive when it comes to being moral. Very telling. One thing I can say is that I have never been rude. Why is it that the folks who act rude, like you, are so defensive? When someone is trying to help others take the high road, it really is sad when people want to jump in and support crappy behavior. I am really disheartened.
Never been rude? Re-read this ^^^ post. It's amazing how people can go through life completely unaware of how they come across.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
WHAT?!

You have been rude to me 24/7 about my relationship choices. You want people to let and let YOU live then you come in and push your relative morals on everyone.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
WHAT?!

You have been rude to me 24/7 about my relationship choices. You want people to let and let YOU live then you come in and push your relative morals on everyone.
Hmmm.. Give me examples of actual rudeness. I only encourage folks to take a higher road. You interpret this as rudeness?

Old 04-30-2012, 07:56 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
So, the guy I'm casually dating said something on our last date about how we should get away for a weekend. I've only taken weekend trips with people I am serious with. How many of you have taken weekend trips with someone you are just casually dating? It sounds fun, but I don't want him to think we are getting too serious by agreeing to go. If it makes a difference, we have been dating for about a month and a half. We agreed when we started dating that it would just be casual for now.

If by "casually dating" you mean someone that you are not intimate with, then no, I doubt I would want to do a weekend trip with them.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Yes, we have already had sex so I know that isn't what he wants. We don't have sex every time we are together. Last time, he just wanted to cuddle in bed even though he definitely could have gotten more.
Okay...obviously you and I have a different idea of what constitutes "casual dating"!!

I would not be sleeping with anyone if I wasn't in a serious relationship with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships