Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 09:00 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
My husband does all of our repairs.

When I take the cars to get inspected they ALWAYS try to tell me it needs something or some kind of work or I'll be sitting on the side of the highway...etc. My question...did it pass inspection? Yes...okay thank you....bye-bye.

Then I report back to my husband, he checks under the hood and more often than not, they just wanted to make a quick buck off a "dumb girl". LOL

Idiots!
Sounds like you need to find a different shop. A pro won't say you will be sitting on the side of the road unless it's true, then they should show you.

OTOH, we had a warranty job come in because the engine seized. The lady swore her husband changed the oil religiously in spite of the fact the mechanic drained about a quart of pure sludge from the oil pan. Only sludge.

Speaking of inspections, my car is black, while doing the inspection the lube flunky put his grubby paw print on all four fenders. Though I was pissed I drove away figuring he would wipe it off with a nasty shop rag. One year later, same shop, a**hole left greasy arm print on the interior door panel, called his stupid a** out on that one. I don't go there any more.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:14 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
While it sounds odd well established higher end performance shops are a good place to go if you are out of warranty and not using the dealership. They live or die on their reputation and things like grease stains just don't happen.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:23 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
While it sounds odd well established higher end performance shops are a good place to go if you are out of warranty and not using the dealership. They live or die on their reputation and things like grease stains just don't happen.
Agreed, you get what you pay for, plus I'm slightly biased.
It was, and still is ironic, the one means of life that you really can't do without is the one many people cheap out on.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:45 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
You know Froggy I have thought of saying it a couple times but I cant really figure out how to say it without sounding condescending and I don't mean to be. You appear to be a good guy and all but you seem to have a wider palette of not interested than most. Don't close yourself off to experiencing all the things.
I had a huge block of text explaining why I hate car talk, but I'm not going to talk about my childhood.

I know what I like and I've tried many things throughout my life. If I don't like it I make sure people know I don't like it and I try to avoid those things. And yeah, if I'm talking about something or doing something that someone doesn't like, I do expect them to voice there opinion, I do expect them to avoid it, and I do expect them to take the steps to stop them from engaging in that activity. That's what I do IRL and on here and I expect nothing less from other people.

And actually, what you're reading is basically most of my pallette of dislikes. My likes and the stuff I can deal with far exceeds my dislike pallette.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:08 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times

Old 05-06-2012, 12:33 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
We haven't had a repaire that he can't do yet. I'm sure that day will come with his truck, but that is the day I say "bury it and get a new one".

The only grease stains are the ones he makes...so he can't ***** about that.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:48 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Holding an open house open today. It's interesting to see the different cultures and languages that pass through.

Ever notice there are certain basic things that are standard such as the way we laugh, get on to kids and the word "NO" ?

No matter how a mom says NO to a kid it all sounds the same. Kids all scream in the same dialect also.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Holding an open house open today. It's interesting to see the different cultures and languages that pass through.

Ever notice there are certain basic things that are standard such as the way we laugh, get on to kids and the word "NO" ?

No matter how a mom says NO to a kid it all sounds the same. Kids all scream in the same dialect also.
I saw this in Florida. You can clearly tell when a couple is fighting or disciplining the children without understanding a lick of what they are saying.

Tone and body language play a huge role in communitication which is why some comments get lost in translation online. Thank goodness for these little buggers:

Old 05-06-2012, 02:56 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I seem to be really inflexible. My hamstrings are tight, which is f ing up my lower back.

I went and saw a chiroquacker a few times, she done me up right.

But, Its back again.....

More money, more time.......

Old 05-06-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I seem to be really inflexible. My hamstrings are tight, which is f ing up my lower back.

I went and saw a chiroquacker a few times, she done me up right.

But, Its back again.....

More money, more time.......
Have you tried doing some stretches?

If I get a good long walk in or a run and then stretch I feel like gumby!

I never used to believe in chiro's either. My husband started seeing one because of his back a few years ago. My back started bothering me around Christmas, so bad that I'd be laying on a heating pad or hunched over the counter trying to cook dinner.

It took going a few times a week at the start, but I have no pain at all now. I go once a month for an adjustment so I don't go backwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships