Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 07:38 AM

511 posts, read 402,155 times

Advertisements

I'm completely fine with it. I'd prefer it actually... but the only women who will give me a chance are in their early twenties and late forties. What's that all about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 08:39 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louby View Post
No one bats an eyelid if guys of 35 years old have relationship with a 20 years old girl
In what universe? A 20 year old isn't exactly a "girl", but she's not likely to be in an equal relationship with a 35 year old man. I'd bat more than an eyelid.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:44 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalind View Post
i've got news for you. A lot of men over 35 are jaded too. It took a lot of dating for me to find one who wasn't. But i can't even remember how many dates i had with men who usually spent the date complaining about ex wives, ex girlfriends, womankind in general. I wondered if they really wanted a date or just a sympathetic ear to talk to. I usually listened and offered support but i never dated those men again. I was looking for a boyfriend, not looking to be someone's personal life counselor.

That said, a lot doesn't mean all. So i never gave up on men (or try to stray dating men that seem like kids to me). I guess i'm determined and optimistic. I'm not jaded when it comes to men because quite a few are jaded when it comes to women. I just kept looking and that's how i found someone wonderful.
+1

Old 10-09-2016, 08:49 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Haha I almost this missed this. This reeks of jadedness I love it. Hilarious. How do you know if someone is out of someone's league over the internet exactly? Lol. My last girlfriend was almost 10 years younger than me and adorable, attractive, hot, a babe, could dress to kill, really high on the 1 to 10 scale. Whatever terminology you like. I know men chasing younger woman sends some women over the edge mentally but really it's just the natural order of things in many cases.

Adorable to me is someone that hasn't let herself go just like I haven't, and yup I like women more on the slender or petite side that doesn't look like a pool table when she puts on a green sundress.
By your definition you can find an adorable little 80 y.o. then, as long as she has a good attitude and isn't a pool table in a sundress...age and size don't go hand in hand. Age doesn't always determine what shape you're in, I'm being logical here, not bitter. I can find a 27 y.o. out of shape just as easy as a 40 y.o., the 27 y.o. is just younger...

What is it you're talking about? Making babies? If you're sure you can then, o.k. but what if you can't, then you as a man are worthless and not adorable? Can you tell fertility level of a 27 y.o. vs someone your own age? You see her adorable little ovaries?

If your point is attitude, then age is not a determining factor either. People sometimes develop better attitudes as they get older and find out what life is about, they get over little injustices, learn from experience, find out bad things and good things happen to everyone, and if they can't control everything at least they can control how how they respond and what they do with the experience. Younger isn't wiser and more easy going, younger isn't happier and more well adjusted.

Men "chasing" younger women, or saying they'll "do what they gotta do to get one" to me does sound like you're looking for someone you perceive to be out of your league, those are your words. If they were your equal you could just be yourself

Old 10-09-2016, 08:53 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Haha I almost this missed this. This reeks of jadedness I love it. Hilarious. How do you know if someone is out of someone's league over the internet exactly? Lol. My last girlfriend was almost 10 years younger than me and adorable, attractive, hot, a babe, could dress to kill, really high on the 1 to 10 scale. Whatever terminology you like. I know men chasing younger woman sends some women over the edge mentally but really it's just the natural order of things in many cases.

Adorable to me is someone that hasn't let herself go just like I haven't, and yup I like women more on the slender or petite side that doesn't look like a pool table when she puts on a green sundress.
Oh, come on, it was a joke. We didn't literally think you meant she was wearing a frilly dress - you know that, right? If anyone is coming off as jaded and out of the loop it's the grumpy old dude who has no clue how to laugh.

My grandpa was fresher and cheerier than this. Then again...he was cool.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:11 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
I've got news for you. A lot of men over 35 are jaded too. It took a lot of dating for me to find one who wasn't. But I can't even remember how many dates I had with men who usually spent the date complaining about ex wives, ex girlfriends, womankind in general. I wondered if they really wanted a date or just a sympathetic ear to talk to. I usually listened and offered support but I never dated those men again....
Ugh...the ex wife thing! I could tell anyone who cared, or if I had the inclination to, the worst Movie of the Week horror story about my ex, so many life lessons were learned, and yet I never bring it up, BECAUSE I quit thinking about him years ago. Who cares?! Live and learn and move on. You're right about listening sympathetically and choosing not to see them again, it's a clue as to what one can expect.

The more experience I've had, the better my attitude. I've learned men are pretty much the same as women, you have to be the person you're looking for, or settle for singleness. There's nothing 'sad' about that, either.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:24 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Default How many men in their 30s are willing to date women in their 30s?

If I was somehow returned to my 30s - I'm now 70 - and free and single I would have no problem dating women my age. I've always preferred to do so due to shared experiences - social, political, societal, artistic. etc.

Old 10-10-2016, 01:39 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,658,400 times
I don't mind dating women around my age. (early 30's) They're more mature and well off. I HATE playing games and I think women that age do not play games.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:45 AM

602 posts, read 395,862 times
the 30-something men chasing after young 20-something "hot" women are actually doing us single and pretty 30-something women a favor: they're taking the shallow and immature boys out of our available dating pool.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:48 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,566,837 times
I'm 36 and would date a woman in her 30s. I'm currently engaged to a woman who's 34 (August 15, 1984 is her birthday), and she's everything I've prayed for in a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships