Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:32 AM

6 posts, read 14,676 times

Advertisements

Everywhere I go I see people who date other people of a similar age. But I see on many internet forums about how hard it is for a woman over 30 to find a decent guy to date and how so many men I see on these sites who say they would only date women in their 20s or at least women who are younger than them, and how most men think and do the same. But I don't see that when I step outside my house, it seems that many men are open to dating women of their age and I know quite a few couples where the woman is older than the husband. I very rarely see a much older man with a very young woman.

So which is right? are most internet forums just a load of crap or is it true and I just never see it?

I'm not 30 yet so I wouldn't know if women in their 30s have a hard time dating or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,030 times
I have never dated a guy my age. I see couples of similar ages all around me, more than any other kind. I don't know, just never got lucky as far as that goes.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:39 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,834,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourapplesweet View Post
Everywhere I go I see people who date other people of a similar age. But I see on many internet forums about how hard it is for a woman over 30 to find a decent guy to date and how so many men I see on these sites who say they would only date women in their 20s or at least women who are younger than them, and how most men think and do the same. But I don't see that when I step outside my house, it seems that many men are open to dating women of their age and I know quite a few couples where the woman is older than the husband. I very rarely see a much older man with a very young woman.

So which is right? are most internet forums just a load of crap or is it true and I just never see it?

I'm not 30 yet so I wouldn't know if women in their 30s have a hard time dating or not.
I dated only 20s in my 30s because they were in shape, no kids and minimal trauma from bad relationships.

I would have happily dated a women in her 30s if she met the above criteria.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:39 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,302 times
Well, women in their early twenties are normaly that most persued group of women, for few different reasons. Thats why they can afford to play games, and act immature - no matter what, they will usually have several partners to choose from. For myself, I actualy prefer women in their 30s, closer to my age, because they tend to be more mature and leave all the nonsense behind at that point.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:54 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
I see on many internet forums...
So which is right? are most internet forums just a load of crap...
pretty much

Old 05-02-2012, 11:56 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,141 times
There are still too many women who let their biological clock speak for them and are borderline desperate to settle down. It clouds their judgment.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 PM

31,015 posts, read 22,056,089 times
From the Average womans stand point it makes sense to date up: Up to 10 yearsish. On average, the man will be more well off and you will always be young in his eyes.
After watching complaining mid 20 yo woman go through mid 20 yo men right and left this is the advice I give them. And no, I am not into mid 20 yo women.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-02-2012 at 01:54 PM..

Old 05-02-2012, 12:27 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,738,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
There are still too many women who let their biological clock speak for them and are borderline desperate to settle down. It clouds their judgment.
Um......... okay.......

Old 05-02-2012, 12:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
From the Average womans stand point it makes sense to date up: Up to 10 yearsish. on average, the man will be more well off and you will always be young in his eyes.
Precisely the way I look at it!

Old 05-02-2012, 12:30 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Everywhere I go I see people who date other people of a similar age. But I see on many internet forums about how hard it is for a woman over 30 to find a decent guy to date and how so many men I see on these sites who say they would only date women in their 20s or at least women who are younger than them, and how most men think and do the same. But I don't see that when I step outside my house, it seems that many men are open to dating women of their age and I know quite a few couples where the woman is older than the husband.
What are you more likely to trust: your own observations, or the posts of strangers, many of whom are angry, embittered, ego-driven ("I'm so cool, I can pick up young chicks"), and for one reason or another, biased? Online communities, especially in the Relationships dept., don't reflect an average cross-section of the real world population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships