Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I've seen someone say they were 5'12 before
Does not look good for a 6 foot person lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
I am not White but I am 5'8.5" and fit with a four pack. You got to stay fit to compete in USA especially in a white neighborhood. I wear thick soles inside my sneakers and dress shoes to give me 3" total which gives me a height of 5'11.5" with good posture. The minimum acceptable height is 5'8" as considered tall.
Are you serious?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
Are you serious?
Hell yea. That is how I roll. No one can tell though. I am slick.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:36 PM

270 posts, read 488,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
And you are beautiful! You just made me feel a lot better--I didn't get a lot of responses on OKC either and the ones I got were often stupid or rude so I gave it up as a lost cause and gave up dating for awhile. I just think it's a myth that women get a lot of responses. Either that, or the party girls get a lot and your profile probably shows intelligence and that's not going to be as popular with the good time guys. But really, would you rather have a lot of dumb responses, or ones more on your wavelength? Though I really didn't get those either.

One letter that got my attention was a guy who asked me what my favorite hiking trails are around here. I wrote back and gave 2-3 and he wrote back and said that was good, b/c he'd found that a lot of women will say they like to hike, but don't know any trails. We had a date. Another guy's first question was what my bra size is. We didn't have a date.
Aww, thank you! Sometimes I doubt it, given my low response rate! But I guess everyone is just way more picky online...I do live in an area with a lot of military, so sometimes I think my education and success work against me. Or maybe I'm just making excuses

I can't decide if girls getting a ton of emails is a myth either...I have a friend who is one pof, and she gets a pretty decent number of emails, but she's "well-endowed" and probably doesn't hide that in her photos...I do because I hate all the attention I get from them. And I've been accused by at least 1 @sshole of not having as pure of intentions as I claim because I was showing an inch of cleavage (the other 4 inches were covered ). Anyway, maybe I should put some sexier pictures up and see if that has any affect?! Hahaha...

So maybe internet dating isn't the awesome thing that everyone (who isn't single) makes it out to be?!

Old 05-14-2012, 10:37 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,332 times
Quote:
Hell yea. That is how I roll. No one can tell though. I am slick.
You gotta take those shoes for some time *Seacrest*

Old 05-14-2012, 10:39 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times

What about these?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:42 PM

270 posts, read 488,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

What about these?
HI-larious!

Old 05-14-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
You gotta take those shoes for some time *Seacrest*
By the time I do that, I am already in bed with her. What is Seacrest?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,878 times
Quote:
Would an inch make a difference in the private parts department?
if you where under 5" it would make a big difference........just saying

I'm a pretty big guy in that department. it's too bad you can't post that info. Maybe I would get more hits......LOL

Old 05-15-2012, 02:59 AM

50 posts, read 86,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Not really...

As a man, YOU might be inspired to flirt with supermodel looking women on a dating site, but it's really not how a woman's mind works. If I saw a picture of a male model on a dating site, my first thought is that he is a player type and not serious about finding a real gf or wife material. After all, a good looking guy like that should have woman falling all over him in real life. Secondly, I would also suspect that a handsome guy like that is looking for some secret action on the side and wanting to hide it from his gf or wife. Lastly, I would also think that there was something majorly wrong with his personality or other aspect of his life if he has to turn to the internet for female attention.

Or the male model type is a gigolo looking for a honey bunny. And a guy that is too good looking could be a bi-sexual and is a sex addict.

And as a woman, I have zero interest in dating and then being in a serious relationship with a guy that is a ten in looks if all that is holding us together is physical attraction. Having a dinner with a George Clooney type would be great, but it's too much stress and fuss to have a long term relationship with someone like that. It's a lot of work and money to dress good enough to be out in public with him. Then also having to deal with other women trying to poach him from me.

In my relationships, there has to be deeper connections to my man, like a strong personality connection, similar upbringing and moral values, and many mutual intellectual interests and hobbies. Having an amazing brain attraction is what's important to me.

I totally agree with you!! I have a profile on OK cupid, lol. But in reality, I don't really take it all that seriously... and I don't respond to all that many guys either unless they really catch my attention. Why? Because it seems like the "hot" guys are all into themselves, other guys seems to send out generic "copy and paste" messages which say NOTHING about what I wrote on my profile (if there is nothing said about anything that I wrote-it means you didn't read it), some have stuff on their profile that is an absolute "no-no", and some others write things like "hey" or "you're hot"-... that's not a conversation and in no way will I respond to that! I would rather respond to a guy who is "less-attractive", still attractive to me though, lol that has stuff in his profile that appeal to me and can hold up a decent email conversation. Also, guys that ask to meet up after like 1 or 2 emails, chances are, I won't unless I think we totally clicked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships