U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 07:50 PM

4,280 posts, read 7,009,967 times

Advertisements

I'm curious as to just how many messages girls receive daily on OKcupid. I keep sending out (what I think are) well-phrased, clever, witty, personable messages to girls but they don't really ever respond. Not very often, that is.

I'm an AWESOME guy in real life. I don't care if you think that I'm not awesome because I "had to" say that I'm awesome. I know exactly who I am and what kind of person I am. My experiences with friends is a testament to that. My life is GREAT.

But I wonder, why can't girls see that? And want to spend time with me? On OKcupid, part of it may be because they're constantly being barraged by guys who are "oh-so-great".

So, ladies, have you ever had an OKcupid profile? How many messages did you get daily, on average? Were they good messages or bad messages or a mix of all types? Did it ever become too overwhelming? Did you find some good men on it? Any good dates? Any relationship?

Just wondering. I actually don't really have a concrete answer to this question, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance & have a great day!

- Soviet
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 07:54 PM

4,338 posts, read 6,890,323 times
Are you attractive? You have send out a message that relates to her profile. It does not matter what kind of guy you are unless they find out attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I'm curious as to just how many messages girls receive daily on OKcupid. I keep sending out (what I think are) well-phrased, clever, witty, personable messages to girls but they don't really ever respond. Not very often, that is.

I'm an AWESOME guy in real life. I don't care if you think that I'm not awesome because I "had to" say that I'm awesome. I know exactly who I am and what kind of person I am. My experiences with friends is a testament to that. My life is GREAT.

But I wonder, why can't girls see that? And want to spend time with me? On OKcupid, part of it may be because they're constantly being barraged by guys who are "oh-so-great".

So, ladies, have you ever had an OKcupid profile? How many messages did you get daily, on average? Were they good messages or bad messages or a mix of all types? Did it ever become too overwhelming? Did you find some good men on it? Any good dates? Any relationship?

Just wondering. I actually don't really have a concrete answer to this question, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance & have a great day!

- Soviet

Old 05-02-2012, 07:57 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,986 posts, read 6,030,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Are you attractive? You have send out a message that relates to her profile. It does not matter what kind of guy you are unless they find out attractive.
yes or at least attractive to her

Old 05-02-2012, 08:05 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,370,509 times
I did that site a couple of years ago. There weren't many people and it was mostly an older crowd in my area...a lot of old yuppies

Old 05-02-2012, 08:06 PM

I've had lot of success with OKCupid. I am getting messages from girls left and right. My inbox gets full fast.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 PM
miu

17,608 posts, read 36,230,729 times
My niece has a profile on OKCupid. She doesn't take that site very seriously. She gets a lot of flirt messages from guys, but usually doesn't respond to them.

My take on it is that even if a woman were to be seriously looking for a bf through that site, she's not going be impressed by a clever witty flirt unless she is physically attracted to your picture AND your profile indicates that you're the type of guy that she wants in her life.

The same goes for real life interactions with women. Player types are full of clever witticisms, which make that type of talk cheap and common, and without substance. So it just doesn't impress most women unless they've lived in a convent most of their life. And then to get that sort of flirt online, most women are going to ignore that garbage too.

Smooth talking witty types=con artists/Romeos.... yuck!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:16 PM

8,802 posts, read 7,978,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post

- Soviet
Your posts on here indicate you don't have the greatest confidence in yourself because you're constantly reassuring yourself on these threads. Chances are, you are trying way too hard.

Signed,

Someone with a wonderful girlfriend from OKCupid

Old 05-02-2012, 08:18 PM

A guy could post his male models pictures with no profile and he would get lot of messages lol even if he was a heavy smoker and drinker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
My niece has a profile on OKCupid. She doesn't take that site very seriously. She gets a lot of flirt messages from guys, but usually doesn't respond to them.

My take on it is that even if a woman were to be seriously looking for a bf through that site, she's not going be impressed by a clever witty flirt unless she is physically attracted to your picture AND your profile indicates that you're the type of guy that she wants in her life.

The same goes for real life interactions with women. Player types are full of clever witticisms, which make that type of talk cheap and common, and without substance. So it just doesn't impress most women unless they've lived in a convent most of their life. And then to get that sort of flirt online, most women are going to ignore that garbage too.

Smooth talking witty types=con artists/Romeos.... yuck!

Old 05-04-2012, 08:10 AM
miu

17,608 posts, read 36,230,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
A guy could post his male models pictures with no profile and he would get lot of messages lol even if he was a heavy smoker and drinker.
Not really...

As a man, YOU might be inspired to flirt with supermodel looking women on a dating site, but it's really not how a woman's mind works. If I saw a picture of a male model on a dating site, my first thought is that he is a player type and not serious about finding a real gf or wife material. After all, a good looking guy like that should have woman falling all over him in real life. Secondly, I would also suspect that a handsome guy like that is looking for some secret action on the side and wanting to hide it from his gf or wife. Lastly, I would also think that there was something majorly wrong with his personality or other aspect of his life if he has to turn to the internet for female attention.

Or the male model type is a gigolo looking for a honey bunny. And a guy that is too good looking could be a bi-sexual and is a sex addict.

And as a woman, I have zero interest in dating and then being in a serious relationship with a guy that is a ten in looks if all that is holding us together is physical attraction. Having a dinner with a George Clooney type would be great, but it's too much stress and fuss to have a long term relationship with someone like that. It's a lot of work and money to dress good enough to be out in public with him. Then also having to deal with other women trying to poach him from me.

In my relationships, there has to be deeper connections to my man, like a strong personality connection, similar upbringing and moral values, and many mutual intellectual interests and hobbies. Having an amazing brain attraction is what's important to me.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:14 AM

22,770 posts, read 27,534,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Your posts on here indicate you don't have the greatest confidence in yourself because you're constantly reassuring yourself on these threads. Chances are, you are trying way too hard.

Signed,

Someone with a wonderful girlfriend from OKCupid
seriously?

dude you JUST started a thread that said she is too fat for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships