Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 03:46 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
Cheating etc. True or false , examples , please
Okay. Here's the thing about that. Some people on here are going to say, there are exceptions, that doesn't have to happen. BUT: There was something within that man or woman's moral makeup that brought them to the conclusion that cheating is an acceptable thing to do to their spouse. Now maybe, they will take up with the new person and not cheat. MAYBE. Just remember that leopards don't change their spots, and that temptation to WANT to cheat will always be there.

Now, I ask you: Do you want to hang your emotional well-being and future security, also possibly that of innocent bystanders (children) on this nail? The person who once thought it was alright to cheat.

You probably don't even know what "relationship stressors" triggered the urge in the cheater, so if the same problem rears its head in your relationship with him/her. (History has this nasty way of repeating itself) How can you be absolutely sure you are absolutely safe from him cheating on you????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 04:20 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Lol...nope.
You can cheat without every thinking it's an acceptable thing to do.

Btw, the temptation to want to cheat is in MOST of the population. What tends to be lacking for most people who act like they don't want to is the opportunity. Lol...

Old 05-05-2012, 04:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Okay. Here's the thing about that. Some people on here are going to say, there are exceptions, that doesn't have to happen. BUT: There was something within that man or woman's moral makeup that brought them to the conclusion that cheating is an acceptable thing to do to their spouse. Now maybe, they will take up with the new person and not cheat. MAYBE. Just remember that leopards don't change their spots, and that temptation to WANT to cheat will always be there.

Now, I ask you: Do you want to hang your emotional well-being and future security, also possibly that of innocent bystanders (children) on this nail? The person who once thought it was alright to cheat.

You probably don't even know what "relationship stressors" triggered the urge in the cheater, so if the same problem rears its head in your relationship with him/her. (History has this nasty way of repeating itself) How can you be absolutely sure you are absolutely safe from him cheating on you????
There are no guarantee's in life. No absolute safety or surety.

If you have taken the time to fine tune your gut instincts, you make the best calculated risks you can.

There are not always "cheating triggers". Some people simply cheat when they feel caught in hopeless, loveless marriages. Once they find the right partner, they'll never cheat again. But that's just one example. Like stan said above, there are just so many reasons and variables for why people cheat - you just can't judge them all in the same way.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:42 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,287 times
Yeah, my real life experience while not great says that most cheaters cheat again unless it was the one night oops deals. These seem to go either way and are easier to understand and forgive as most of us have lost our way in some respect or another. The ones I don't get are the ones that cheat and keep on cheating knowing full well they are doing wrong. It takes a horrid person to tell all the lies, to live and breath deceit. Frankly, this kind, I don't care what their reasons were or if they are ever going to do it again. I want nothing to do with them.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:45 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
By the way, wrap your head around this.

No one is a cheater until they cheat.

Good luck looking for guarantees.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:51 PM

900 posts, read 1,701,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol...nope.

Btw, the temptation to want to cheat is in MOST of the population. What tends to be lacking for most people who act like they don't want to is the opportunity. Lol...
Very true!

Old 05-06-2012, 10:51 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,998,362 times
No it's not always true but there's no one story or example that's going to convince anyone differently who already believes and is determined to believe otherwise.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:53 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,998,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
There are no guarantee's in life. No absolute safety or surety.

If you have taken the time to fine tune your gut instincts, you make the best calculated risks you can.

There are not always "cheating triggers". Some people simply cheat when they feel caught in hopeless, loveless marriages. Once they find the right partner, they'll never cheat again. But that's just one example. Like stan said above, there are just so many reasons and variables for why people cheat - you just can't judge them all in the same way.
I agree with this, completely.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:24 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
I imagine that this isnt always the case, but in my experiences it has been true 100% of the time. If someone is willing to cheat with you, they are a cheater. If you then date the cheater, they will more than likely cheat on you if an opportunity and right conditions are there. I suppose people can change, mature and grow, but I couldnt give you a real life example where this wasnt true.
I think it depends on the age group. My friend that Ive known since we were 17 married young, got pregnant, and was in an abusive relationship. Along comes some one who falls madly in love with her. She starts a relationship with him and files for divorce, marries him and lives happily ever after. I would bet my life that neither one has been unfaithful. People cheat for complex and different reasons. I think what you're talking about is sex addict and or out and out ho, so yes I would expect that mentality to be unfaithful.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:23 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol...nope.

Maybe the temptation to cheat is in the general population. BUT: if you cheated with someone, you can't close your eyes to the fact that you have one person "in the population" who was tempted and gave into the temptation to cheat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships