U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-07-2012, 04:44 PM
 
Location: ATL
4,688 posts, read 5,736,992 times
Reputation: 1804

Advertisements

Just saying,what if men played the same waiting games with women??

How far would you women be willing to go for a guy who wouldn't spend a cent on you for the first 90 days?

Every date and outting would be Dutch until after his 90-day rule.

 
Old 05-07-2012, 04:50 PM
 
Location: NYC
7,371 posts, read 11,114,374 times
Reputation: 10220
You woukd end up only dating undesirable women, because desirable ones would stick to dating men without that rule.
 
Old 05-07-2012, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Ohio
3,440 posts, read 4,407,149 times
Reputation: 2640
All "dates" are dutch until the 90 day anniversary? Good luck with any of them lasting that long. This Dutch stuff is a mystery to me, you invite someone out and they pay for their own? How is this a date?

No wonder so many guys are having problems finding a woman and come here to cry about it.
 
Old 05-08-2012, 06:06 AM
 
Location: NC
6,035 posts, read 6,200,193 times
Reputation: 6287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
All "dates" are dutch until the 90 day anniversary? Good luck with any of them lasting that long. This Dutch stuff is a mystery to me, you invite someone out and they pay for their own? How is this a date?

No wonder so many guys are having problems finding a woman and come here to cry about it.
Maybe women should invite men out and pay then....


Nice logic.
 
Old 05-08-2012, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Austin
2,173 posts, read 2,443,811 times
Reputation: 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
All "dates" are dutch until the 90 day anniversary? Good luck with any of them lasting that long. This Dutch stuff is a mystery to me, you invite someone out and they pay for their own? How is this a date?

No wonder so many guys are having problems finding a woman and come here to cry about it.
Exactly. This whole concept is ridiculous.
 
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM
 
12,993 posts, read 10,664,326 times
Reputation: 15508
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You woukd end up only dating undesirable women, because desirable ones would stick to dating men without that rule.
And the gold digger is heard from.

Sorry but that isn't true. I am 5'9 blonde, blue, good shape and easy on the eyes. I also pay my own way.

OTOH, I am not on the market. Maybe only the golddigging pretty girls are available for just that reason.
 
Old 05-07-2012, 05:39 PM
 
Location: NYC
7,371 posts, read 11,114,374 times
Reputation: 10220
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
And the gold digger is heard from.

Sorry but that isn't true. I am 5'9 blonde, blue, good shape and easy on the eyes. I also pay my own way.

OTOH, I am not on the market. Maybe only the golddigging pretty girls are available for just that reason.
Betcha i make twice your income. Doesnt matter though, i dont pick up the dinner check. Period.
 
Old 05-07-2012, 05:58 PM
 
14,753 posts, read 24,585,871 times
Reputation: 8568
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
OTOH, I am not on the market. Maybe only the golddigging pretty girls are available for just that reason.
The gold-digging pretty girls will always be on the market:
a) initially holding out for the first best catch
b) looking again because their husband/BF figured out they were a gold-digger
c) looking again because they feel they can get a better situation than what their current husband/BF has to offer
d) in assisted living, because all of the men they've gone through died a decade ahead of them
 
Old 05-07-2012, 04:52 PM
 
6,209 posts, read 5,101,078 times
Reputation: 3492
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Just saying,what if men played the same waiting games with women??

How far would you women be willing to go for a guy who wouldn't spend a cent on you for the first 90 days?

Every date and outting would be Dutch until after his 90-day rule.
Women might say that there are many activities that can be enjoyed for free. But like it or not there will be a time where someone will have to take out the wallet and women are less likely to do that so what if the guy doesn’t for a 90 day period? Interesting question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You woukd end up only dating undesirable women, because desirable ones would stick to dating men without that rule.
The prettier the girl, the more expensive she will cost, huh?
 
Old 05-07-2012, 04:56 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,738 posts, read 8,473,445 times
Reputation: 7458
As always hypothetically: I wouldn't have a problem with this at all. I think dutch is the best way to go anyways. I wouldn't want to be in the position of 'owing' him anything.
Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top