Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I wouldn't want my daughter going out with any man on a "date" if he didn't have the curtesy or the cash to pay for it....
So you would show your daughter that she's entitled to have her expenses paid for her for simply being a girl, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
For me it is also a way to judge a man.

If he is mean with his money, he will also be mean with his affections.

ugh...nothing worse than a tightarse.
So how do you call women who are not willing to pitch in with the dating expenses? Tightarse as well or simply a woman?

Old 05-07-2012, 05:21 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
As always hypothetically: I wouldn't have a problem with this at all. I think dutch is the best way to go anyways. I wouldn't want to be in the position of 'owing' him anything.

Why would you owe me anything? I invited you out because I thought we would have a good time and maybe it will develop into something more?

Old 05-07-2012, 05:25 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,269,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
So you would show your daughter that she's entitled to have her expenses paid for her for simply being a girl, right?

yup. And I've taught my son to pay.

So how do you call women who are not willing to pitch in with the dating expenses? Tightarse as well or simply a woman?
The person who invites, pays. Male or female.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
The person who invites, pays. Male or female.
Come on, can't ignore the fact that whoever pays invites = men pay. Sure sure sure, there are exceptions but we can't deny the fact that when it comes to asking out men are the ones who do this and what women prefer.

A woman might consider asking her husband, boyfriend, or the guy who has taken her out for a long time...exceptions exist.

If you taught your son to pay are you teaching your daughter to cook for a man and clean? What do western parents teach their daughters when it comes to relationships? I know that sons are taught to pay for women, open their doors, pull their chairs, defend them, carry their stuff, not to hit them, respect them, etc.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:28 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
Guys are such poor suckers sometimes. What in the world is a 90 day rule? You shower girls with gifts, try to impress them by taking them to expensive places, buy them unnecessary gifts....and end up with blue balls for 3 months? Lord, have mercy. Sounds like a pretty raw deal.

Guys trying to buy sex this way, come accross as manipulative and creepy to most women. You give up all your power in the relationship, before it even starts. Stop putting vagina on a pedestal, and realize that women love sex just as much as men. If you cant get it for 90 days, its all on you.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:31 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Why would you owe me anything? I invited you out because I thought we would have a good time and maybe it will develop into something more?

It is a mentality - a 'tit for tat mentality' look at the thread. This whole no wallet for 90 days is equivalent to no sex for 90 days (which by the way I had some literally laugh in my face when I thought they would be open to complying with something along those lines . Yea right).

Anyway, I just don't like the feeling of owing you something. So later on down the line you can say " I bought you that expensive dinner -- but now I'm not good enough, etc. etc." I don't want it thrown in my face. So I pay for my own, he pays for his own. safer that way.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Guys are such poor suckers sometimes
I agre with the things you said. This can make girls suckers too when they open their legs too soon expecting a relationship, expecting the guy to spend on her, etc. only to be dumped.

No wonder women are told to not let a guy have sex too soon and guys are told to not open their wallets to soon.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:35 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
What if you are attracted to him as well? You wouldn't do the same to show that you are attracted and pick up the dinner check?

Maybe when a couple gets married a woman shows she's attracted to her husband by cooking and cleaning, right?

Women can afford it too but maybe self centered or feel some entitlement?

What do american women do to show they are interested in a man? Accept to be taken out?
No I still would not pay to show I am attracted, because most men do not equate women spending money as attraction. It is more effective for me to squeeze your thigh than to.pay the bill.

As for your cooking and cleaning example, yes I love to cook for my man, and yes it is a sign of affection.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:39 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
And the gold digger is heard from.

Sorry but that isn't true. I am 5'9 blonde, blue, good shape and easy on the eyes. I also pay my own way.

OTOH, I am not on the market. Maybe only the golddigging pretty girls are available for just that reason.
Betcha i make twice your income. Doesnt matter though, i dont pick up the dinner check. Period.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:41 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
Every time i read a subject on paying for dates, I shake my head and cant believe its such an issue today. Guys, if you cant afford to pay for a date, dont date but rather figure out how to make more money. It really shouldnt be such a big deal, and never has been in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships