Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 05:45 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Just saying,what if men played the same waiting games with women??

How far would you women be willing to go for a guy who wouldn't spend a cent on you for the first 90 days?

Every date and outting would be Dutch until after his 90-day rule.
Every day we get a little closer to proving my theory that prostitution should be legal because all men-women relationships seem to = trading goods for services.

Thanks, op.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:47 PM

I don't make friends with people who are tight with their money.

I sure as hell wouldn't date someone who was.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:48 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
As for your cooking and cleaning example, yes I love to cook for my man, and yes it is a sign of affection.
If you got married then I guess that would be "your duty" as a woman to cook and clean the same way it is "his duty" to pay for your expenses, right? Then again, this is only if you got married to the man who takes care of your expenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't make friends with people who are tight with their money.

I sure as hell wouldn't date someone who was.
Would this apply to you as well for not spending money on men or this is only applied to men?

Old 05-07-2012, 05:58 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
OTOH, I am not on the market. Maybe only the golddigging pretty girls are available for just that reason.
The gold-digging pretty girls will always be on the market:
a) initially holding out for the first best catch
b) looking again because their husband/BF figured out they were a gold-digger
c) looking again because they feel they can get a better situation than what their current husband/BF has to offer
d) in assisted living, because all of the men they've gone through died a decade ahead of them

Old 05-07-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Just saying,what if men played the same waiting games with women??

How far would you women be willing to go for a guy who wouldn't spend a cent on you for the first 90 days?

Every date and outting would be Dutch until after his 90-day rule.
Pay for the dates.

Just space them further apart as the 90 days go by, if you have any doubts or "cold feet." That way, you won't have ponied up too much coin.

And, then, you don't necessarily need to repeat the routine again with someone else on the heel of 90 days.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

Would this apply to you as well for not spending money on men or this is only applied to men?
I spend money on everyone all the time. Friends, family, coworkers...man, woman, child, dog, cat...it's a spending orgy. I got this from my dad. He is the same way.
I like to spend time with similar-minded people. People who fight me for the check. People who bring a gift to my house when they come visit. People who see something cute they know I will like and just get it for me for no reason. Because all along, I am doing those same things. Thoughtful, friendly, kind, sharing, generous.

That's why these weird conversations on CDF confuse, fascinate, and completely disgust me.
I don't know what kind of people y'all are or what kind of people you hang out with or who you date. But y'all are nasty.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:07 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
I spend money on everyone all the time. Friends, family, coworkers...man, woman, child, dog, cat...it's a spending orgy. I got this from my dad. He is the same way.
You must be the only woman around here without double-standards or gender entitlement, cool.

Quote:
I like to spend time with similar-minded people. People who fight me for the check. People who bring a gift to my house when they come visit. People who see something cute they know I will like and just get it for me for no reason. Because all along, I am doing those same things. Thoughtful, friendly, kind, sharing, generous.
Totally understand that. We’re on the same page.

Quote:
I don't know what kind of people y'all are or what kind of people you hang out with or who you date. But y'all are nasty.
You’ll have those who feel entitlement to have people spend on them, you have those who don’t want to spend at all and then you have the small minority who are happy to spend and also be thankful when it goes the other way around from regardless of their gender or how many dates have passed or if they are in a relationship or not.

Last edited by onihC; 05-07-2012 at 06:53 PM..

Old 05-07-2012, 06:09 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If you got married then I guess that would be "your duty" as a woman to cook and clean the same way it is "his duty" to pay for your expenses, right? Then again, this is only if you got married to the man who takes care of your expenses.

I have been married, to the man who didnt cover the.dinner check when we dated. I was the bread winner, i bought the house and got screwed on the divorce. I LOST EVERYTHING, and he skated. Six years later, I AM STILL CLEANING UP THE DEBTS HE INCURRED.

I will never date a man who does not pay for dinner again.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
That's why these weird conversations on CDF confuse, fascinate, and completely disgust me.

Wow. That's pretty strong. I've dated mostly CAPs (Catholic American Princesses). I've met them at school, through friends, or at church related functions. For the more attractive ones, it was about the almighty dollar and the highest bidder wins. Meet some of them a little later on in life, and one will be thankful they withdrew their bid.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Wow. That's pretty strong. I've dated mostly CAPs (Catholic American Princesses). I've met them at school, through friends, or at church related functions. For the more attractive ones, it was about the almighty dollar and the highest bidder wins. Meet some of them a little later on in life, and one will be thankful they withdrew their bid.

No woman should treat a man like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships