Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 08:35 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,158,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I think I'm a good person. In fact, I know I am, if we're speaking about a continuum.

I have had friends from all walks of life and different backgrounds. I help people when they ask me for help. I'm cool to people who work under me and, in the few cases they've been clueless and are not a good employment investment, I simply work some OT and redo their work and keep them out of trouble. I never got into serious trouble as a kid, was a good student, teachers liked me and employers like my work product.

Some caveats:
1) if you've seen a lot, you can figure out, collectively, who and what you want to avoid so, no, I don't "love everybody" - stereotyping can work wonders
2) I'll laugh at and/or tell dirty or ethnic jokes
3) if you trespass, and it was unilateral, I will try to try to set you straight on it, given the opportunity...."whistle blowing" and vindictiveness are separate concepts

I love when people try so hard to convince themselves, heh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 08:37 PM

199 posts, read 391,077 times
I was told that if dogs are attracted to you, it means you are a good person.

Not sure if that is true though....

I did find a wallet once in a WalMart parking lot, went inside and gave it to the manager without even looking through it. Guess that makes me a half-decent person.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin2012 View Post
I was told that if dogs are attracted to you, it means you are a good person.

Not sure if that is true though....

I did find a wallet once in a WalMart parking lot, went inside and gave it to the manager without even looking through it. Guess that makes me a half-decent person.

Always trust the instict of children and dogs

Old 05-08-2012, 08:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Good point.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
I don't know if I would call myself a good person I do try to do the right thing & make good moral choices. I'll admit I'm far from perfect but so far at this point in my life I can still look at myself in the mirror. At least for the most part.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:41 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,355,784 times
Quote:
Hey, dude, I score on both points.

Children - on three separate occasions, I was standing next to single moms in line somewhere, and their 2 year olds tried to climb over onto my arms/shoulders. I must have represented a father-figure they didn't have.

Dogs - was on vacation in Lisbon, and a hound/terrier street dog followed me for over a mile on the waterfront. Then again, I had just bought a tasty sub and had given the dog a piece of it.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Hey, dude, I score on both points.

Children - on three separate occasions, I was standing next to single moms in line somewhere, and their 2 year olds tried to climb over onto my arms/shoulders. I must have represented a father-figure they didn't have.

Dogs - was on vacation in Lisbon, and a hound/terrier street dog followed me for over a mile on the waterfront. Then again, I had just bought a tasty sub and had given the dog a piece of it.

"Yea that dog totally likes me, it was humping my leg whilst in heat"

Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
"Yea that dog totally likes me, it was humping my leg whilst in heat"
Hahaha

Old 05-08-2012, 09:47 PM

814 posts, read 2,042,518 times
the voices in my head keep telling me that I am a good person!

Old 05-08-2012, 09:51 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
I used to think I was a good guy, a nice guy.

I think I can be good, I can ne nice, decent.

I see more flaws with myself now, now that I'm not a fresh faced 22 yr old.

I wanna be a good man....

Sometimes I don't know if I make the mark or not.

I'll keep trying.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships