Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:59 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Looks are noticed, but it's the smile or personality or vibe that gets my reaction. Looks with a stone-cold vibe or arrogant demeanor are worthless. But then, once the smile gets my attention, they guy has to say something intelligent. A smile followed up by airheadedness is also worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 06:31 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
no one has died from not being in a relationship..you are right..but their lives may not have been very fulfilling, you do need a job to survive...but somehow I doubt that on your deathbed you will be thinking back about how great your career was...no..you will probably be either happy about the relationships (SO/parents/children/friends) you had while here or have regrets regarding them.

To me at least, those who give-up show a lack of character, do you give up on everything or just this particular arena? If you sincerely do not want to be with someone for the rest of your life then OK..but if you DO, but don't want to be hurt then frankly...your a coward and someone who gives up, not exactly great character traits..I don't direct this at you, but anyone here that just gives up...other people are presented with wayyyy more rejection and failure than you, yet they keep going..
I give up and it is nothing to do with character. It is experience , I thought I was a catch , , definitely have shortcomings. We are all works in progress. But when you " do as you are told " - by society as in BE a catch- looks , career success , financially responsible- which Im learning here some men don't care about anyways , while still being a kind person who cab carry an interesting , intelligent conversation and end up same most times (both of last 2 relationships , one of which was a marriage) somehow alone and "behind" of the men you. had no choice but to let go of (alcohol and trust issues , to sum it up quick) , it is frustrating. I tried HARD and now I want a break and don't want to make effort , how could I get worse results than now? And for the record , alcoholic is better than a womanizer. , imo , though obviously , a man with neither issue would be preferable.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:38 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
I give up and it is nothing to do with character. It is experience , I thought I was a catch , , definitely have shortcomings. We are all works in progress. But when you " do as you are told " - by society as in BE a catch- looks , career success , financially responsible- which Im learning here some men don't care about anyways , while still being a kind person who cab carry an interesting , intelligent conversation and end up same most times (both of last 2 relationships , one of which was a marriage) somehow alone and "behind" of the men you. had no choice but to let go of (alcohol and trust issues , to sum it up quick) , it is frustrating. I tried HARD and now I want a break and don't want to make effort , how could I get worse results than now? And for the record , alcoholic is better than a womanizer. , imo , though obviously , a man with neither issue would be preferable.
Anyone would need recovery time from being with an alcoholic. No need to justify that. Be good to yourself.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Can someone clarify what does constitute a good catch in the eyes of men?

So many men posting how just being attractive doesn't make you a good catch, just being smart doesn't make you a good catch, being a SAHM doesn't make you a good catch, being a single mom doesn't make you a good catch, having your own home and a stable job doesn't make you a good catch, having a good body doesn't make you a good catch, having a pretty face doesn't make you a good catch, being a virgin doesnt make you a good catch, being a s*ut definately doesnt make you a good catch, being boring in bed is bad, being too experienced is bad soooo many other things I cant even remember posted on threads here.

How the h*ll are we supposed to decipher?!
Yes guys , lets hear it. But Im starting to think guys just take whoever comes along because they need to "get down" on a regular basis and will put up with anything as long as the sex continues. believe what guys show they want , not what they say they want. But Im curious to hear.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:52 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
You need to have the looks to get your foot in the door. It works like a job, some companies want to see your degree.
This...

Furthermore, interning there for months or even years and showing the company what you can do will mean nothing if you don't have the degree. You still won't get the full time job.

What you have to do is try to catch on with maybe a lesser known company that will give you a shot (rare) or a company that doesn't care about the degree altogether (practically nonexistent).

Did I lose anybody with the analogies?

Old 05-13-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
This...

Furthermore, interning there for months or even years and showing the company what you can do will mean nothing if you don't have the degree. You still won't get the full time job.

What you have to do is try to catch on with maybe a lesser known company that will give you a shot (rare) or a company that doesn't care about the degree altogether (practically nonexistent).

Did I lose anybody with the analogies?
Yeah , a little lost. Got to look good to get the interview but I don't get the rest.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:36 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
Lately I've been meeting women that seem to think JUST BECAUSE they have a great "shape" and are attractive, that makes them "top notch" and a "great catch".

Do they come out and say it? No. They say it in other ways with body language and attitude as if they're saying: "because I have a nice shape and a cute face, that makes me all of that and any man should be lucky to be with me. I'm doing him a favor" aura.

SIDE NOTE: No, this is not an slight on women. Since I am a straight male and only like straight women, my experience is only with women. I am sure it can be said for men as well. There is no need to say "men are the same way". This is not a men =vs= women thread.

If they act like that to you then you're obviously putting off your image of a weak man.

Good looking girls can be very friendly, friendlier than ugly ones. Whether or not a girl is a catch is in the eyes of the beholder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships