U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-09-2012, 03:40 PM

33,546 posts, read 19,409,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Because it's okay for some and not for others
Ohh, that double-standard thing, right!

You know, it seems to me that it's the men on the thread who are complicating sex, not the women, contrary to what the OP believes. The men think it's cool to do a virgin, but not to marry her. uhh... why? Oh well, never mind. And they want women who don't attach emotion to sex, but they don't want them to have emotion-free sex with too many guys, because that makes them S-words, but let's see...they believe it's ok for guys to sleep around, because the S-word magically doesn't apply to them, but wait...if they want to be able to sleep around, who are they going to do it with, if they don't like S-s?

I dunno, guys, you're gonna have to help me out here, because this really isn't making much sense. Or maybe your real argument is with the OP, not so much with the rest of us. Do you really want women to attach no meaning to sex? Do you even know what you want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 03:42 PM

4,231 posts, read 2,849,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ohh, that double-standard thing, right!

You know, it seems to me that it's the men on the thread who are complicating sex, not the women, contrary to what the OP believes. The men think it's cool to do a virgin, but not to marry her. uhh... why? Oh well, never mind. And they want women who don't attach emotion to sex, but they don't want them to have emotion-free sex with too many guys, because that makes them S-words, but let's see...they believe it's ok for guys to sleep around, because the S-word magically doesn't apply to them, but wait...if they want to be able to sleep around, who are they going to do it with, if they don't like S-s?

I dunno, guys, you're gonna have to help me out here, because this really isn't making much sense. Or maybe your real argument is with the OP, not so much with the rest of us. Do you really want women to attach no meaning to have sex? Do you even know what you want?
Exactly! What I was trying to say is that if all women detach emotion from sex, all the mixed signals from men would become irrelevant, along with some of the regular bat-sh*t crazy stuff some women come up with in regards to what is owed in return for providing/partaking in a sexual relationship.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:44 PM

8,739 posts, read 4,992,481 times
Quote:
Hooray for finding common ground!

First time for everything!

Old 05-09-2012, 03:45 PM

5,053 posts, read 2,911,189 times
Quote:
The men think it's cool to do a virgin
They do? I missed those posts.

Quote:
if they want to be able to sleep around, who are they going to do it with, if they don't like S-s?
Women seem more harsh to other women who sleep around. We don't see men pointing fingers at other men "Oh my gaaaawd, he's soooo promiscuous". Women to other women? You bet.

Quote:
Do you really want women to attach no meaning to have sex? Do you even know what you want?
It seems married men just want their wife to have sex like just like those good times before they got married.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Wow! Seriously? That's horrible. And no, please don't let that dissuade you.
I love Tarantino. I also used to be a Scream Queen, love horror movies, but it has nothing to do with your sexuality. Jeez.

I will not sleep with anyone without a committment. But I will still watch Hostel with them.

Dissuade me? That ship has sailed. If you want to look for a needle in the haystack go ahead though!

OMG. agree with everything else you said. Movies, music have nothing to do with sexuality. Hostel is one of my top 5 scary movies too!

Old 05-09-2012, 03:47 PM

4,193 posts, read 2,243,888 times
Quote:
You're defining a woman who's had a few partners as a ****? What in your view, is an appropriate number of partners for a woman to have before marriage? The consensus here seems to be that no one wants a virgin, but no one wants whatever the definition of "****" is (enlighten us, please), so what's the optimum amount of prior partners?

(And why did your S- word not get censored, but mine did?)

What we were talking about is a woman who sleeps around with alot of guys, and many random ones. There's not a Specific number, it has to be put into context and her age. I don't want to marry a virgin, I honestly don't know where people get that idea.

But why would I marry a ****? Why would I want to put a down payment on something everyone else has had for free? I'm just not going to do that, but someone else who doesn't have much options will

This may sound stupid but If I'm going to be honest, the REAL reason why guys don't want to marry a woman Like this or are scared their wife was a former **** is because it's emasculating. It shows a flaw in you that you weren't able to see what all those other men saw and she was able to fool you into settling down with her. Guys won't admit it, but it's true

Old 05-09-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I'm extremely disciplined...I'm also extremely horny most of the time...sigh...

Me too on both. I think the 'issue' or however you want to phrase it, is most people, probably you too, are caught up in physical touch of others. I assume that's a requirement to satisfy you, right? does nothing else work? I'm mostly indifferent to needing the touch of other people likely A.S. related.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:52 PM

5,145 posts, read 5,635,620 times
Quote:
No, it's because I knew if I posted this thread everyone (men and women included) would take the detachment statement and start throwing the sl*t and wh**e words around. Which is exactly what happened.

It's happening everywhere but people still panic at the thought of a women having commitment/emotionally detached sex with someone.
A man or woman can be those things. No one is panicking but you. Don't hate for other calling it like we see it. You are doing the same thing.

Quote:
She also stated that her fiance buying her a foreign sports car gave her a sense of security.
No I didn't. I said it wasn't a sports car. And being what it is, it is a sign of a more generous and secure male. You know, one that doesn't whine about how much drinks cost or how complicated it is to listen to a female. Basically one who is more intent on making an effort to make someone else happy because it makes him happy. Rather than just sleeping with them for a wet spot on the sheets.

There are more important things you can test first before sex. Unless you have no life goals or values then there is not much to talk about.

I have seen men talk s*** on ho bags of both genders btw. So...Deal with it.

Quote:
Men do it sneakily. They will sleep with the girls who they will later deem "sluts' but they marry the virgin. Same thing different packaging.
Well you are promoting that is how is should be so GOOD JOB! Tell a bunch of people to be like that and then whine about what comes of it.

No one but a misogynist or very young man would realistically expect their partner to be a virgin. Women looking for a stable relationship generally don't count on manwhores being there for the long run either.

Quote:
I agree, but really, it is a known fact that a majority of men dont want to be in a LTR with a women who has had a lot of sexual partners. One or two is the normal consensus for someone marrying for the first time in their 20's.
If a guy has that view and doesn't apply it to himself so what? Who cares. Another misogynist avoided. If he is what he wants then he has every right to say those are his personal values.

Quote:
I have A LOT of male friends. Who have slept with a circle of girls we see out a lot (bars/clubs etc) trust me, the things they say about them are waaaayyyy worse then women saying a girl looks like a w*ore in a certain outfit, or has a certain reputation.

Guys are waaay more graphic.
So you hang with slutty clubbers who bang easy chicks. What do you expect? Them to go on about their inner beauty? Females can be just as graphic as males.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 PM

690 posts, read 754,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
What we were talking about is a woman who sleeps around with alot of guys, and many random ones. There's not a Specific number, it has to be put into context and her age. I don't want to marry a virgin, I honestly don't know where people get that idea.

But why would I marry a ****? Why would I want to put a down payment on something everyone else has had for free? I'm just not going to do that, but someone else who doesn't have much options will

This may sound stupid but If I'm going to be honest, the REAL reason why guys don't want to marry a woman Like this or are scared their wife was a former **** is because it's emasculating. It shows a flaw in you that you weren't able to see what all those other men saw and she was able to fool you into settling down with her. Guys won't admit it, but it's true
That's 100% true and most guys are doomed to settle with women like this.

No one wants to buy a car with 200,000 miles on it.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 PM

853 posts, read 722,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

Finding a woman now is like wanting to purchase a vehicle and the only place to get one is a used car lot. Dont know what you're getting and most likely has hidden problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships